You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Please repost HitchDoc installation instructions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Lone Ranger
Posted 2009-02-12 4:41 PM (#28174)
Subject: Please repost HitchDoc installation instructions

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I was interested in comparing the HitchDoc to my Bushtec hitch after I got home from Kuwait, only to find that the post got lost in neverland somewhere.  Could the original poster please repost the installation instructions?

Thanks much.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-02-12 6:12 PM (#28178 - in reply to #28174)
Subject: Re: Please repost HitchDoc installation instructions

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Maybe it got sent to neverland due to the forum issue mentioned here http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2684&pos...
Lone Ranger
Posted 2009-02-17 9:48 PM (#28529 - in reply to #28174)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Bump
Flatsix
Posted 2009-02-17 10:51 PM (#28538 - in reply to #28529)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

I hope this will help you...

VisionHitchDoc1001.jpg picture by FlatsixV2

VisionHitchDoc2001.jpg picture by FlatsixV2

VisionHitchDoc3001.jpg picture by FlatsixV2

Lone Ranger
Posted 2009-02-18 3:27 PM (#28561 - in reply to #28538)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

That's it; thanks much.

dl1000
Posted 2009-02-18 7:40 PM (#28577 - in reply to #28561)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks very much for the information...I'm trying to decide if I should get the HitchDoc or the Bushtec hitch for my Vision. Has anyone else done a comparison? Is the Bushec so much better that it's worth spending the extra $$?

Thanks,
Flatsix
Posted 2009-02-18 8:12 PM (#28580 - in reply to #28174)

Tourer

Fargo, ND
It would be great if someone with a bushtec hitch would be kind enough to post the installation instructions so we all could get a look at them...

Thanks!
wseemann
Posted 2009-02-19 10:17 PM (#28681 - in reply to #28174)
Subject: RE: Please repost HitchDoc installation instructions

Cruiser

Boydsville, AR United States
I just installed the Bushtec hitch. It is VERY sturdy. No side to side motion at all. All parts are powder coated , and it comes with the wiring harness. When I get home this weekend, I will try and scan the instructions ( a lot of pages), and post them. How much was the Hitch Dr?
Flatsix
Posted 2009-02-19 10:42 PM (#28685 - in reply to #28681)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

$295

dl1000
Posted 2009-02-20 9:26 AM (#28700 - in reply to #28685)

Puddle Jumper

Bar Hopper, yes, please post the instructions. I'm trying to decide which hitch to buy. I have had one on order from Bushtec for several weeks, and I have had to keep bugging them to find out when I can expect to see it. No joy so far...so, I'm having second thoughts about buying from Bushtec. I want to see if their hitch is worth the hassle and extra cost.

For example, does the Bushtec hitch use the four top box / tour pack mounting bolts to secure the hitch to the frame like Hitch Doc?

Thanks!
sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-02-20 5:37 PM (#28719 - in reply to #28174)

Tourer

, IA
sorry to say but good luck with bush tec ,order mine first of year and finally cancelled it this month, and bought a hitch doc and got it 3 days later i,m sure the bush tec is good stuff but there service is in need
wseemann
Posted 2009-02-20 6:09 PM (#28721 - in reply to #28174)

Cruiser

I ordered the Bushtec the 1 week of Dec. They have not been able to keep up with the demand. They use a plate tat mounts under the frame, and use longer bolts that are not part of the tour pack mounting bolts. Then the plate mountes under the frame with nylock nuts. I would guess if you wanted or needed to remove the tour pack, you would have to remove the hitch with the hitch Dr. setup. By the looks of the drawings, I'm glad I waited for the Bushtec. Looks to be worth the extra money, and it comes with the wiring package.
Flatsix
Posted 2009-02-20 6:24 PM (#28724 - in reply to #28721)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

How much was your bushtek?

wseemann
Posted 2009-02-22 10:32 AM (#28838 - in reply to #28724)

Cruiser

Cost with shipping and wiring harness was 505.12. There is a lot of stuff to take off. I should have mine back together this weekend. I will try and scan the instructions in before the weekend is over. If you see us go through Fargo the first week in June, Wave, as we are on our way to Tenn. & Ark.
Flatsix
Posted 2009-02-22 2:18 PM (#28842 - in reply to #28838)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

Enjoy your trip, both states are great...especially NW Arkansas.  I will keep an eye pealed for you when you go thru Fargo!

wseemann
Posted 2009-02-23 7:59 PM (#28919 - in reply to #28174)

Cruiser

Been there in the cage, but now will get to realy see things, and in style too.
dl1000
Posted 2009-03-04 7:16 PM (#29517 - in reply to #28174)

Puddle Jumper

I picked up my Bushtec hitch today. I won't be installing it for a couple of weeks yet, because it's still too cold in the garage to get into some really serious wrenching...although the beer stays colder longer at this time of year!

My initial impression of the Bushtec is very good. The instructions are 16 pages long, and very detailed. You're walked step-by-step through the removal and re-installation of the body parts and the installation of the hitch. I would guess that you could probably do this job even if you didn't have a shop manual handy, although the instructions refer to the manual so that you can verify the torque settings. The instructions also walk you through the electrical, so that you can install all the wiring properly. They even tell you what colour of wire on the Vic to connect to for each function. And they give you the wiring. As well as a receiver lock.

I'm sure that my buddy Murphy will strike a few times when I do the install, but from what I can see at this moment, I'm sure glad that I bought a Bushtec hitch.

I'll update my impressions after I do the install. Or run out of beer. Or swear words. Whichever comes first.
dl1000
Posted 2009-03-04 7:16 PM (#29518 - in reply to #28174)

Puddle Jumper

I picked up my Bushtec hitch today. I won't be installing it for a couple of weeks yet, because it's still too cold in the garage to get into some really serious wrenching...although the beer stays colder longer at this time of year!

My initial impression of the Bushtec is very good. The instructions are 16 pages long, and very detailed. You're walked step-by-step through the removal and re-installation of the body parts and the installation of the hitch. I would guess that you could probably do this job even if you didn't have a shop manual handy, although the instructions refer to the manual so that you can verify the torque settings. The instructions also walk you through the electrical, so that you can install all the wiring properly. They even tell you what colour of wire on the Vic to connect to for each function. And they give you the wiring. As well as a receiver lock.

I'm sure that my buddy Murphy will strike a few times when I do the install, but from what I can see at this moment, I'm sure glad that I bought a Bushtec hitch.

I'll update my impressions after I do the install. Or run out of beer. Or swear words. Whichever comes first.
dl1000
Posted 2009-03-04 7:16 PM (#29519 - in reply to #28174)

Puddle Jumper

sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-03-09 3:35 PM (#29875 - in reply to #28174)

Tourer

, IA
her is some pics of my hitch doc put on by g&g powersports in wisc. took them about 1 1/2 hours look great and solid also a pick of my new flag from/www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com looks real nice oh well did not take them so i'll try to put in gallery

Edited by sonicbluerider 2009-03-09 3:42 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™