You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

In the wind
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-07 10:55 PM (#2645)
Subject: In the wind

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
How do you all feel about the handling of the Vision Tour when there is high wind gusts? I rode mine today in some wind gusty weather. The wind was really moving the bike around. Have you experienced this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2007-12-07 11:01 PM (#2649 - in reply to #2645)
Subject: RE: In the wind

Visionary

Memphis
I think it's kind of a trade-off.  The bike is so aerodynamic that I know it's slicing through the wind but the steering is so light that it feels twitchy.  If it had heavy steering with the sleek body it would not move at all.  I'll take the light steering.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-07 11:06 PM (#2651 - in reply to #2649)
Subject: RE: In the wind

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I agree with that, my Kingpin had to be pushed more than the Vision. I'm just wondering if maybe the set up has something to do with it. Also, the Kingpin has way less side, frontal and back exposure, so I know the wind will effect the Visoin. Just gathering info here, not complaining.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-12-07 11:08 PM (#2652 - in reply to #2645)
Subject: Re: In the wind

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
It was really windy today in N.Ca. and the bike was very stable on surface streets. At highway speeds the bike did sway a bit but still felt stable, I also ride a BMW 1150RT and the Vision being heavier still gives a better ride in the wind.

Gotta Love It! Okthenbye...
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-08 10:42 AM (#2668 - in reply to #2645)
Subject: Re: In the wind

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I live by the largest windmill farm in the world (between Palm Springs, and Cabazon) the wind blows over semi's on this stretch monthly. On the way out to the coast, on the hog, i was praying i could stay in my lane. i was almost 45 degree leaning to go straight. Not fun, but I was on a mission. On the way back thru the pass, on the vision, my only concern was if my helmet (half shell) was going to blow off. It's rarely not gusting 45 or 50 knotts and the difference was awesome. because i've read the posts here, the riding tip i used most was, "let the bike do the work!" It took me a few, because Im use to horsing the hog around. i was even able to turn my vision around in my garage! what a bike!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™