You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Question about spark plugs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

etspastimes
Posted 2009-02-21 2:25 PM (#28806)
Subject: Question about spark plugs

Tourer

Salisbury, NC

I doing a early 30,000 mile check-up. When I pulled the plugs out, they were NKG DCPR7E. The book calls for NKG DCPR6E.Has anyone tried

anything else? ET

PS: From what I understand about the number in the line DCPR6E to DCPR8E is that 6 is hotter than 8.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
hwy27guy
Posted 2009-02-21 2:35 PM (#28808 - in reply to #28806)
Subject: RE: Question about spark plugs

Puddle Jumper

CASHTON, WI United States
THERE WAS A RECALL OF THE LEFT BAG STICKER. CHANGED THE RECOMMENDED PLUG. DID YOU HAVE THIS DONE? I AM NOT SURE OF THE CORRECT PLUG BECAUSE THE BIKE IS IN HIBERNATION......... COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etspastimes
Posted 2009-02-21 2:42 PM (#28809 - in reply to #28808)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Still the same plug, just changed the gap fro .036 to .032. ET
varyder
Posted 2009-02-21 4:35 PM (#28812 - in reply to #28809)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Out of frustration that my dealer didn't have them in stock I went with a cross referenced Champion RA8HC and they worked fine. This is also the same plug used by HD in most of their motors, at least on cross-reference. I found this on a website somewhere but didn't capture all the data for future reference. I hope I don't have to go through trying to find the right plug again because the dealer didn't have them or was taking too long to get them. At the time they needed to be changed BAD!
Len Rhymes
Posted 2009-02-21 6:34 PM (#28817 - in reply to #28812)

Jacksonville Florida
Buy them at NAPA and spend half the money you would at the dealer.
VisionTex
Posted 2009-02-21 7:55 PM (#28821 - in reply to #28817)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Same thing here, dealer didn't have, would have to order.......hell I can do that and did. Went on line and had delievered right to house, sweet. I asked the service department manager how do you service Victory motorcycles without sprak plugs.....he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off.
etspastimes
Posted 2009-02-21 10:31 PM (#28823 - in reply to #28806)
Subject: Re: Question about spark plugs

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
I guess the main thing I'm asking about is the heat range of the NGK plugs. A hotter plug runs better performance wise, just wondering if anyone else has tried a colder plug. I had a set of DCPR8E plugs at the shop and didn't feel like going anywhere to order plugs, so I threw them in Rosie to see how they run. I will be getting the right plug before I leave for Daytona. May wait untill I get a few miles on them to see what they look like and the bikes seems to run fine with them in there. ET

Edited by etspastimes 2009-02-21 10:34 PM
Mudge
Posted 2009-02-22 3:16 PM (#28844 - in reply to #28806)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
A hotter plug does not run better, performance wise, unless a colder plug is fouling a lot. in this case a better solution is adjusting the mixture so the plugs don't fouls. NGK plugs do use a numbering system in which a lower number indicates a hotter plug. Unless making radical fuel system/engine modifications, best off running factory spec. This migh be helpful:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/techtips.asp?nav=...
etspastimes
Posted 2009-02-23 6:54 AM (#28865 - in reply to #28806)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Thanks for the link, Mudge That was the info I needed. Since I'm installing Lloyd's new cams, I may need the colder plug. ET

Edited by etspastimes 2009-02-23 7:06 AM
varyder
Posted 2009-02-23 8:40 AM (#28867 - in reply to #28865)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

etspastimes - 2009-02-23 6:54 AM Thanks for the link, Mudge That was the info I needed. Since I'm installing Lloyd's new cams, I may need the colder plug. ET

I guess if it were me I would ask Lloyd what he would recommend. Does he say when he sells you the cams or does he leave that up to the buyer?

etspastimes
Posted 2009-02-23 6:30 PM (#28904 - in reply to #28867)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Since I'm  waiting for the cams to show up, I can't answer what paper comes with them. And yes I planned on asking him while I was down in Daytona. I ordered some plugs today. That way I will have a couple of each with me after I change out the cams on Sunday. Also since the DCPR7E plugs were in the bike from the factory, it shouldn't hurt anything to go one up or down for a short time to see how they run. ET
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™