You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

sirius sat radio
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

babyboov92c
Posted 2009-03-02 10:02 PM (#29352)
Subject: sirius sat radio

Puddle Jumper

I have mounted a Sirius starmate 4 where the GPS should go .I couldn't be happier with it.But I would like to wire it so that the power cuts off with key.By the way this deal I done is great.Best and cheapest thing I could have done For my tunes.If theirs any interest Ill be glad to post and add pix.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bubbaslye
Posted 2009-03-02 10:58 PM (#29353 - in reply to #29352)
Subject: RE: sirius sat radio

New user

Do please post some pics -- I've been a fan of satellite radio for years now, while
just this past week I brought home my VISION -- putting those two together would
be a dream come true.

Thanks!
radioteacher
Posted 2009-03-03 12:37 AM (#29354 - in reply to #29352)
Subject: Re: sirius sat radio

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Bubbaslye,

Welcome to the group and let us know if you have any questions.

Ride Safe!
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-03 7:40 AM (#29365 - in reply to #29352)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yes please post pix as lastnight i got a pre-birthday gift. a Sirius starmate 5 ! Its still in the box now. i going to install it in my car but right now its 8F. out.. just in case if anyone is wondering. the reason why i went with the starmate 5 was.... It is the only radio sirius sells that allows their A ALA CARTE program to work with it.. instead of $13 a month for all their stations. they allow you to pick 50 stations that youd like to listen to for $7 a month. i cant wait to mount it on the bike.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-03 7:48 AM (#29366 - in reply to #29352)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
oh i wanted to ask. are you using the Fm transmitter to get the sirius to your vision radio?
Bikertrash666
Posted 2009-03-03 8:28 AM (#29370 - in reply to #29352)

Cruiser

I also have had sirius on my since last june. All I did was use the aux cable from inside the glove box, with a extention cord,3.5 mail end on each end and plug direct to the unit.(no need for a fm tuner) As for power use the lighter plug in glove box but you will have to turn off yourself. Now if you want you can use the power wire under the removel panel in front of the seat. That one switches on and off with the key. As far as the anntena I just put on the dash with velcro on the dash.
Bob
Bikertrash666
Posted 2009-03-03 8:30 AM (#29371 - in reply to #29352)

Cruiser

Forgot the reason I did it that way is when I want to use the I-pod I just unplug the radio and plug into the i-pod. Best of both worlds
Bob
babyboov92c
Posted 2009-03-03 2:23 PM (#29391 - in reply to #29352)

Puddle Jumper

Going to try to post some pix.But heres what Ive done.I bought two pro install kits from sirius. Went to ebay and picked up a docking station .So now I can take the receiver back and forth from my truck to my bike.Then got a coupler from radio shack so I could plug the sirius where i would an mp3 player.Bought a second antenna off ebay used silicon to stick to my trunk lid.The dock was about 10$.The antenna was less than 20$.The install kit where 30$ a piece.the kits came with a swivel pedestal.I drilled holes to match and screwed it to my console.The kit was easy to install.Just follow the instructions.If you want to use the ipod interface the kit comes with a box that you can plug radio antenna in and use your radio for your sirius. I love it.I used the plug in front of the seat for my power but i get some motor noise there.So I need another power source.
babyboov92c
Posted 2009-03-03 3:12 PM (#29396 - in reply to #29352)

Puddle Jumper

try some pix.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-03 3:27 PM (#29399 - in reply to #29371)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Bikertrash666 - 2009-03-03 8:30 AM

Forgot the reason I did it that way is when I want to use the I-pod I just unplug the radio and plug into the i-pod. Best of both worlds
Bob

How do you unplug the sirius radio and just plug in the Ipod? arent they completely different interfaces? I mean dont they use completely different plugs from victory? see i ask cause i have a ipod that i really like! but i also just got a sirius radio that i have yet to install on the bike. i would like to be able to have Both. and be able to just switch between them withOut switching wires.. btw where do you mount yours? GOT PIX?

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-03 3:27 PM (#29400 - in reply to #29371)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Bikertrash666 - 2009-03-03 8:30 AM

Bob

How do you unplug the sirius radio and just plug in the Ipod? arent they completely different interfaces? I mean dont they use completely different plugs from victory? see i ask cause i have a ipod that i really like! but i also just got a sirius radio that i have yet to install on the bike. i would like to be able to have Both. and be able to just switch between them withOut switching wires.. btw where do you mount yours? GOT PIX?

VisionTex
Posted 2009-03-03 9:59 PM (#29412 - in reply to #29400)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I had the Ipod for a year, it was ok, but there were issues. So I got a Starmate 5, I got this unit because it had the highest ratiing on audio output of the Sirius offered radios. Don't know if that makes a difference from the really cheap ones, but that's what I got. The radio was less than $100 and because I have Sirius on my F-150, the cost is less than $7 per month. It has a whole bunch of pre-sets. It is in the glove box, plugged into the power outlet in the glove box, and uses the existing AUX wire. I don't know about others, but when I shut off the key, mine cuts off the power. I don't miss the Ipod at all. Took about an hour to set up. I like it.

Edited by VisionTex 2009-03-03 10:00 PM
babyboov92c
Posted 2009-03-03 10:35 PM (#29418 - in reply to #29400)

Puddle Jumper

With the sirius pro install kit there is a box that you plug into the docking station.From there you plug the bikes antenna into the box .Then the box in to the bikes stereo.there dos'nt seem to be very much interference or static .And you do have to use the FM transmitter on the sirius receiver.Replace the aux plug in the glove box with the ipod interface plug from victory.The best of both worlds .I would love to put some pix up but they are to big they wont up load.any help with that.
racershawn
Posted 2009-03-03 11:51 PM (#29428 - in reply to #29418)

Cruiser

Hampton Va
I also have a sirius ... much better then XM (sirius has the NASCAR races) Mine is mounted on the dash ... there are some pics in the gallery and i thansmit on FM ... love it and I also use my Itouch.
racershawn
Posted 2009-03-03 11:52 PM (#29429 - in reply to #29418)

Cruiser

Hampton Va
I also have a sirius ... much better then XM (sirius has the NASCAR races) Mine is mounted on the dash ... there are some pics in the gallery and i thansmit on FM ... love it and I also use my Itouch.
sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-03-04 5:54 AM (#29439 - in reply to #29352)

Tourer

, IA
sirus/xm same thing they merged
wjoel
Posted 2009-03-04 6:07 AM (#29440 - in reply to #29352)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I too have Sirius radio for my Vision, using a docking station cradle that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle to the home boombox. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TERRESTRIAL RADIO AGAIN !
Having satellite negates the antenna/reception issue.
I have a rather simple hook-up. I just plug into the powerlet,run my antenna out and attach
to the left handlebar.
wjoel
Posted 2009-03-04 6:07 AM (#29441 - in reply to #29352)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I too have Sirius radio for my Vision, using a docking station cradle that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle to the home boombox. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TERRESTRIAL RADIO AGAIN !
Having satellite negates the antenna/reception issue.
I have a rather simple hook-up. I just plug into the powerlet,run my antenna out and attach
to the left handlebar.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-04 6:56 AM (#29446 - in reply to #29352)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
racershawn, that location for your Sirius doesnt create blindspots when you ride?
Bikertrash666
Posted 2009-03-04 7:13 AM (#29447 - in reply to #29400)

Cruiser

I have the sirius star mate 4 in a cradle on the dash right behind the wind shield, and it does not interfear with line of sight. The cord is the one that comes with the vision with 3.5 male end in the glove box. I did not buy the interface cable for the I-pod, that way I can use both. The only draw back is that I have to change the stations on the unit itself, same with the I-pod. The sound is controled with the Vision switch. I don't see a way to have both and have them inface with the all the controls of the vision. It may not be the best but it works for me.
Bob
jeffmack
Posted 2009-03-04 2:07 PM (#29470 - in reply to #29352)

Iron Butt

has anyone used the xm radio in their zumo? i have a 550 bolted on the bike, I am thinking of splicing into the wire harness for the 2720 which allows for the voice commands from the zumo to work over the speakers. was wondering if anyone has tried?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-04 7:24 PM (#29520 - in reply to #29470)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
bikertrash666, i was wondering if you used THIS device, would it then allow you full control over an IPOD with the vision controls and also allow a interface with the vision audio system that doesnt take of up other "spaces" used for oter devices like ipod or mp3 player? here is what im talking about. http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/Stor...
racershawn
Posted 2009-03-04 8:13 PM (#29533 - in reply to #29520)

Cruiser

Hampton Va
Nope no blind spots ...and i am short
wjoel
Posted 2009-03-04 9:17 PM (#29540 - in reply to #29352)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/Stor...

Has anyone tried this product from sirius?
spursmvp
Posted 2009-03-04 10:17 PM (#29546 - in reply to #29352)

Tourer

O'Neill, Nebraska
My question is about the mounting. I have a permanent Sirius kit in my truck and a portable Starmate 4 that I'd like to add to the Vision. I've already got the GPS so mounting it on the console seems out of question. I'm thinking about on one of the handle bars but not sure. A dash mount seems to create a blind spot and a VERY long reach to change channels during the cruise.

My creative thought is to buy one of the permanent Sirius receivers and mount it under the seat. Does anyone have any idea how the XM kit made by Vic is wired into the bike? I ask this because you can pick one of these on ebay for cheap.

I figure I'd see if any of you electronics technicians had any suggestion on how we could wire one of these into our bike so we could control the stations from the handlebar and keep the unit out of sight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIRIUS-SIR-KEN1-SATELLITE-RADIO-TUNER-KENWOOD-S...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™