You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radio died.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

varyder
Posted 2009-03-08 7:38 AM (#29783)
Subject: Radio died.....

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
....and it came back to life. I've been on long trips with the radio playing continually and I've never had this happen before. I was coming down I-95 last night with radio jammin' and suddenly it stopped worked, literially the light went out in the display as if I turned the key off. I became cocern that the bike was shutting off but it nevered hiccuped once nor did the lights go out anywhere else. Just as it went off, with-in 2 - 3 seconds the light displays comes back on in the audio off mode. I turned back on the radio and keeped on going without any further problem. Has anyone experienced this little hiccup?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kevinx
Posted 2009-03-08 9:46 AM (#29787 - in reply to #29783)
Subject: RE: Radio died.....

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Check the ground on the bottom right bolt of the console. If it is loose a static burst can shut down the stereo
VisionTex
Posted 2009-03-08 10:31 AM (#29792 - in reply to #29787)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I have heard this litle ground wire connection can cause a lot of issues if not tight or have some corrosion on it. Easy to check, KevinX would it be good to put some electrical connection grease on it?
docvtx
Posted 2009-03-08 11:48 AM (#29799 - in reply to #29792)

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
my radio locks up every now and then. Still plays, just can't do anything with it can't change station can't turn it off or anything. Stop turn the bike off and wait about 15 seconds start back up and every thing works great. Its happend a couple times so far, in 33,000 miles
kevinx
Posted 2009-03-08 12:01 PM (#29800 - in reply to #29792)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
VisionTex - 2009-03-08 10:31 AM

I have heard this litle ground wire connection can cause a lot of issues if not tight or have some corrosion on it. Easy to check, KevinX would it be good to put some electrical connection grease on it?

No grease on this one. just make sure it is tight
cw1115
Posted 2009-03-08 2:36 PM (#29808 - in reply to #29783)
Subject: Re: Radio died.....

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Mine never did that till I started using an iphone/ipod. Doesn't do it often but it does freak out once in a while now with the iphone connected.
cjnoho
Posted 2009-03-10 10:15 PM (#29978 - in reply to #29783)

Visionary

So Cal
I finally found a dealer that has convinced Victory to send me a new radio without having to leave the bike for weeks (I ride everyday). Everything works except the display reads !!!!!!!!!. Not saying where I heard it, but seems early production VIN's have a history of radio problems. I understand these things happen with first year bikes. I cant understand Victory dragging their feet with repairs. I have been a tech at new car dealers for 33 years. We give the radio repair facility the part number off of the radio, the send an exchange unit. 2-3 days tops, the owner can take his vehicle till the new unit comes in.
DesertJim
Posted 2009-03-12 11:03 AM (#30053 - in reply to #29783)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Yes the early Vins, mine included, had problems that effected the radio, tach, speedometer, and other electrical stuff. Victory replaced mine and I have had no problems since. This goes back over a year ago and there are some threads on the issue.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™