You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision dies at de-excelleration
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

TXRIDER
Posted 2009-03-10 7:44 AM (#29915)
Subject: Vision dies at de-excelleration

New user

Rowlett Texas
Has anyone had a problem with your bike dying when down shifting? Occassionally my bike will either die or backfire very similar to a carborator that is running too rich, loads up and then backfires and dies.

I have had my bike in the shop several times and it is still not solved. I have also contacted Vistory directly and was informed that they are not aware of any problems like this. The circuit breaker service has been done. This certainly appears to be a TPS issue but I have not been able to get Victory to replace it.

Just curious if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks.

TXRIDER
Rowlett, TX

Always keep the shiny side up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jerrysauto
Posted 2009-03-10 8:17 AM (#29918 - in reply to #29915)
Subject: RE: Vision dies at de-excelleration

Puddle Jumper

yes your dealer need to remap your bike. my bike was doing that and the dealer reprogrammed my computer. according to them the iac motor wasn't closing the throttle valve fast enough on decel and that was causing the bike to stall.
Breaker
Posted 2009-03-10 12:34 PM (#29929 - in reply to #29915)
Subject: Re: Vision dies at de-excelleration

Iron Butt

Western WA
+1 on the remap.

Make sure they are using the latest version.

I had the exact same problem, and the remap fixed it.

That was last summer, and I haven't had a problem since.
dwhite28
Posted 2009-03-10 1:20 PM (#29931 - in reply to #29929)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
If your circuit breaker recall was done, then the re-map was done at that very same time. Unless for some reason you told them not to. As far as a faulty TPS, the bike would either not start, run really rough and very poor acceleration and possibly excessive backfiring. If you are only having it die on the decel, then your dealer should be looking for all possible electrical issues in the kill circuit and ignition circuit. Just my two cents. I have luckily not had a bike in my shop with your symptoms.
varyder
Posted 2009-03-10 7:14 PM (#29958 - in reply to #29931)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Yeah! Mine's not the only one. I had this problem in the beginning, and after some reflashes, plug replacements and so on, it never seemed to get better. One day I tightened the exhaust nuts and voila! The problem stopped. However, here recently the problem seems to be creeping up again and I've replaced plugs and tightened nuts, so I THINK there is an exhaust leak some where further back, maybe. Let me know what you find out. It runs like a scolded dog on the road, but at stops and on some take offs it will flat die, and it is hard to look cool on a cool looking bike that just dies in the middle of the road.... 

(pepper1.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pepper1.gif (1KB - 0 downloads)
david.terry
Posted 2009-03-10 7:22 PM (#29959 - in reply to #29958)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
I had the same problem, but not anymore. I had the reflash, tightened the bolts and like varyder, volia! The problem went away. Since then I have done many other mods and the problem has never come back.
Digby
Posted 2009-03-10 8:38 PM (#29966 - in reply to #29959)

Cruiser

Recall for the circuit breaker wires and remap. Now runs better than ever. Strong and never shut off again.
GnAontheRoad
Posted 2009-03-12 9:46 AM (#30051 - in reply to #29966)

Cruiser

Harrisburg, PA
Digby - 2009-03-10 8:38 PM

Recall for the circuit breaker wires and remap. Now runs better than ever. Strong and never shut off again.

same here. all fixed
GnAontheRoad
Posted 2009-03-12 9:47 AM (#30052 - in reply to #29966)

Cruiser

Harrisburg, PA
Digby - 2009-03-10 8:38 PM

same here. all fixed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™