You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Sticker Removal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2007-12-10 1:26 PM (#2757)
Subject: Sticker Removal

Visionary

Memphis

Here's what worked for me regarding the "Gay Matress Sticker":

1) Heat sticker with a blow-dryer. Take your time and move the heat around. The paint on the Vision is really soft so don't focus on one spot. You're not trying to soften the plastic sticker, you're softening the glue behind the sticker. Be the glue. This took me about 2 minutes. Don't try and start picking too early, you'll just get frustrated. The more patient you are at this point the easier everything will come off.

2) Start at a corner and pick at it with a fingernail. Keep applying heat on the rest of the sticker while you pull that corner up. The plastic will be very thin and will tear easily. It will stretch and get even thinner but be patient and keep moving the heat around. Once you get enough room behind the sticker start heating the back side also. Go back and forth, slowly pulling, and if you have been patient enough, it will come off in one piece. It is super fragile, think rose petal. You won't believe how thin and fragile it is. Patience, patience, patience. Your arms and back will get tired from bending over. Knowing what I know now, I'd sit on the seat, feet on the floorboards and prop my elbows on my thighs. Getting the sticker off in one piece is a Zen experience.

3) Spray WD-40 on the softest cloth you have. Wipe off the glue residue starting from the outer edges, moving inward. Use several dabs of WD-40 (on the cloth) and the glue will be off in seconds.

4) Clean with your favorite elixir. BUCKEYE swears by Plexus. I go through Meguiar's Detailer Mist by the case.

5) No evidence at all that the sticker was ever there.

6) Be patient!

7) Congratulations. You will have defeated a worthless frickin' 2-cent sticker without scratching your $22,000 pride and joy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-12-10 2:03 PM (#2758 - in reply to #2757)
Subject: Re: Sticker Removal

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Possible alternate method:

1. Soak sticker with WD40
2. Light oil with match
3. Burn sticker off
4. Enjoy new ghost flame paintjob

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-10 2:07 PM (#2760 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
jam, your amazing. i was thinking the same thing, but will use the SongFan method. Once I get the sticker off, I will apply WD-40 and burn the stupid thing up!
g1nomad
Posted 2007-12-10 2:53 PM (#2773 - in reply to #2757)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
The Citris Goo Gone doesn't work worth a Damn. The Goo remover in the Tin can (that looks like liter fluid)
worked a lot better. I didn't try the heating method. Lots of figernail. I am shocked I didn't ruin the finish,
but it looks fine.
likerace4
Posted 2007-12-10 2:55 PM (#2774 - in reply to #2757)
Subject: RE: Sticker Removal

Puddle Jumper

cruiser, your the bomb. I just read your info and went out to the garage and took it off. It work perfect. It was funny I was going ask if anyone had a good way to remove that crappy stick. What a difference it makes. Thanks again .
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-10 3:01 PM (#2775 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
SO, can anyone tell me why they put that stupid sticker on the bike in the first place? Just so people who know only hammers as tools will have fits? CAUTION: riding this bike could be cool, fun, and extremely exhilarating! Removal will drive you crazy and cause you fits! Do NOT remove to make your bike look even more beautiful than it already is. Will cause women to remove clothing!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-10 3:49 PM (#2776 - in reply to #2757)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
MMMMUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! He said "Remove"
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-10 4:19 PM (#2780 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
yup, toured 2 more vultures. i can't get any work done...O.K, whats with the sticker? I know pollochacita has an explination.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-10 4:28 PM (#2781 - in reply to #2757)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Bucky - Maybe you could call someone to get it off - pest control service? merry maids? your neighbor? Pollooooo? roto rooter? BTW - The Vision will still ride the same, maybe just leave it on?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-10 4:51 PM (#2782 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
it leans to the north with the sticker on. im trying to provoke pollopoot. he's too silent.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-12-10 6:17 PM (#2785 - in reply to #2758)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Too bad the threads don't have a "sarcasm indicator" on them rotflmao
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-10 9:21 PM (#2794 - in reply to #2757)

Visionary

So Cal
My sticker came right off after the bike sat in the sun for 4 hours. I kinda missed it. Its the first thing Ive seen in a while that didnt have a spanish translation. Hey BUCKEYE, maybe you could get a little Thai girl to rub her backside against it, that should melt it off without damaging the paint.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-10 9:28 PM (#2797 - in reply to #2794)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
cjnoho - 2007-12-10 7:21 PM

My sticker came right off after the bike sat in the sun for 4 hours. I kinda missed it. Its the first thing Ive seen in a while that didnt have a spanish translation. Hey BUCKEYE, maybe you could get a little Thai girl to rub her backside against it, that should melt it off without damaging the paint.

Yea Bucky try that! Welome cjnoho to the Bucky fan club!
Grebs_59
Posted 2007-12-10 9:34 PM (#2798 - in reply to #2757)

Cruiser

Twin Cities, MN
I think Buckeye pointed out my "gay" sticker in a gallery post... I noticed it too...
I used the hairdryer method but ended up with several pieces. No patience...

WD40 is safer then some of those solvent based miracle removers.
I had one called "Goof Off"...
No - not my job title...

Smelled like Naptha
Grebs_59
Posted 2007-12-10 9:38 PM (#2799 - in reply to #2757)

Cruiser

Twin Cities, MN
One more thing...
If you open the fuel door and the glove box and give the whole thing a tug... It pops right off...
Easier to work on too... Maybe heat it from the back side?
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-10 10:00 PM (#2802 - in reply to #2757)

Visionary

So Cal
Here we go with the backside again.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-10 10:01 PM (#2803 - in reply to #2757)

Visionary

So Cal
May not be the best method but we could make a lot of money selling tickets.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-10 10:38 PM (#2809 - in reply to #2757)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Actually, I kind of miss my sticker- I'll pay $100 bucks for one in one piece
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-11 10:49 AM (#2815 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i used the hair dryer method. it worked to get the majority off, then I used a chizzle, hammer and blow torch. i have no sticker removal remorse at this time. my only wish is to kick the safety nazi's in the Jimmy.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-13 3:28 PM (#2918 - in reply to #2757)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Buckeye, a hair dryer, surrounded by little old ladies, just doing their hair, now that would be funny. Last time I checked, there were a bunch of men on here. The last thing any MAN would use would be a HEAT GUN, even if it is a hair dryer in disguise, we as a nation of men have slowly been won over, and have been forced to use a HAIR DRYER. On a side note, a lot of the pictures in the gallery seem to have men without the need for a HAIR DRYER. Just an observation of course.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-13 3:51 PM (#2921 - in reply to #2757)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
There is no need to bring down the follically challeneged. Yeah, ehem EXTREMELY HOT BLOW TOURCH! And still want to kick the safety nazi's in the berries!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™