You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

S1 L2 VFC III intake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

airguy
Posted 2009-03-14 11:27 AM (#30166)
Subject: S1 L2 VFC III intake

Cruiser

Hinton, Iowa
I am currently running S1 L2 pipes with that map. I am thinking of going with a VFC III and the intake plate for a few more ponies. What I was wondering is do I have to remap before installing
the VFC III and plate? And also does someone have some ballpark settings that would get me close until I can get Lloyd to dyno it this summer.
I am hoping I don't have to put the map back to stock to make these additions. who knows I might want to add cams down the road. For now i am happy with the S1 L2 pipes and hoping someone ruuning this set up can tell me what I can expect (HP and TORQUE gain) from this.

Ride Safe, Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kevinx
Posted 2009-03-14 12:49 PM (#30170 - in reply to #30166)
Subject: RE: S1 L2 VFC III intake

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Leave the exsisting map, and you will find that Lloyd has good instructions for presets with your set up included
stumpy
Posted 2009-03-14 3:27 PM (#30174 - in reply to #30170)
Subject: Re: S1 L2 VFC III intake

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
just installed the VFC with the same map, have not had a chance to ride to see the improvement(work and weather) but it seems to run much better from what i can tell in the garage. The system is pretty easy to install(except the fuel injector connections) and tune once you read the instructions and a few times of messing with the controller. Will give more feedback when i get a chance to ride.
stumpy
Posted 2009-03-19 8:44 PM (#30518 - in reply to #30166)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
Have gotten to ride the bike for a couple of days and wow what an improvement. The preset for our fuel map is a good start just have to mess around with the controller to taylor it to your bike. you also might have read that you have to disconnect the O2 sensors, i talked to Lloyd today and he explained why the computer will not put on the check engine light. If you would like to talk just email me and i will give you all the info he passed on to me.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-24 4:34 PM (#30887 - in reply to #30166)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
so the VFC requires the o2 sensors to be disco'd? oh i wasnt aware of this...... If you disco the o2 sensors are you completely by-passing the close looped fuel injection system. and no longer making it close looped? I thought one of the bragging rights of this bike was the close looped injection? am I incorrect?
stumpy
Posted 2009-03-24 5:31 PM (#30892 - in reply to #30887)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
yes you are right but the fuel system in the vic only has a small amount of adjustment to the fuel map though the O2 sensors. If vic would of used a wide band O2 sensor they would of not had as many fuel map issues, and probably would have made better HP numbers out of the box (just my opinion).
kevinx
Posted 2009-03-24 8:26 PM (#30901 - in reply to #30887)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Arkainzeye - 2009-03-24 4:34 PM

so the VFC requires the o2 sensors to be disco'd? oh i wasnt aware of this...... If you disco the o2 sensors are you completely by-passing the close looped fuel injection system. and no longer making it close looped? I thought one of the bragging rights of this bike was the close looped injection? am I incorrect?

Not much to brag about when EVERYONE has to do it as well. The question is in my mind. With all the great systems being used in the world. Why does the Vic system suck so bad, have such limited envelope, and so many drivability issues???
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-25 7:05 AM (#30924 - in reply to #30166)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
hey KevinX, im not disagreeing with you about the issues. as you know more about it than i could ever begin to know. all i know is for "me" i dont have then issues. at least not yet.. maybe later on they will develop? i hope not. Im not putting down any product or device, i was just wondering why it was needed to disable the very system they brag so much about.. now i know.. lol 8)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™