You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Another Scuff Point
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2007-12-10 6:09 PM (#2784)
Subject: Another Scuff Point

Visionary

Memphis

A buddy loaned me his Gerbings heated jacket/gloves to plug into my Vision. I ran the cord into the iPod compartment and plugged it into the Powerlet outlet. Got the door to close by running the cord through the right-hand corner of the compartment. I was pretty careful about tucking the cord away but when I got to work I saw that it had juuuust touched the paint between the aluminum dash and the front of the seat. (Right about where the sticker used to be.) I had a dime sized scuff spot that was easy to remove but if the commute (25 minutes) had been longer it would have been worse.

You guys that want to run cords for earphones or CB/Comm hook-ups need to really pay attention to where those cords are routed and what they are touching. If I do go with heated clothing I will put the outlets under the left side somewhere.

The Gerbings worked great.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-10 7:22 PM (#2786 - in reply to #2784)
Subject: RE: Another Scuff Point

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
When you look at the manual you'll see in the CB/Intercom section there is a picture of the intercom plug in which is right below the radio on/off button, it also showed a power outlet plug next to it. The picture is on page 290. In that location the cords may not scuff the paint. Also, a dealer told me that Victory uses a softer clear coat, so the paint will get scuffs easy. Applying a harder clear coat may solve some of that issue.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-10 9:11 PM (#2792 - in reply to #2784)
Subject: Re: Another Scuff Point

Visionary

So Cal
Anyone know the manufacture of the paint Victory uses? Im thinking that brushed panel below the windshield needs to be color coated to match the bike.
slingblade
Posted 2007-12-11 1:16 PM (#2818 - in reply to #2784)
Subject: RE: Another Scuff Point

Puddle Jumper

OR - you might want to consider applying paint protection film to your scuff prone paint areas.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/paint-protection/

Edited by slingblade 2007-12-11 1:24 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™