You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

oil light
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-16 7:44 PM (#30334)
Subject: oil light

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
whats it mean when you turn your Vision (off) and remove the key and the low oil pressure light comes on and stays on for a little while, then fades away... Just wondering... Never did that before until this season...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2009-03-16 9:22 PM (#30339 - in reply to #30334)
Subject: RE: oil light

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Arky, mine ain't done that yet, but I'll let you know if it does. I've had mine do strange things like give weird values on the dash display when turning it off. Not all the time, just some time.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-16 11:05 PM (#30353 - in reply to #30334)
Subject: Re: oil light

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i noticed when i first got that bike that if i washed it and then started the bike shortly after the oil pressure light would be on! at first i was scared to death when i would see it, then i noticed that it would only happen when i washed the bike. so now i just know it has to do with the oil pressure sensor OR plug geting wet. I then noticed that if i washed the bike and used a leaf blower and pointed the blower on the sensors plug that it would NOT turn on after a washing... but now all the sudden i noticed the oil light comes on faintly after i turn the bike off and then within 5 seconds goes off....
radioteacher
Posted 2009-03-16 11:52 PM (#30361 - in reply to #30334)
Subject: Re: oil light

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Replace the oil pressure sending unit on the lower left side of the engine. It is easy to do. Just lay the Vision on the right side tipovers and replace the unit. All you have to do is unscrew the bolt that holds the rear brake line and unscrew the oil idiot light sensor.

If you have the replacement and a few hand tools it takes just a few minutes.

I replaced my stock unit because it was leaking oil.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™