You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Powder Coat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2007-12-10 10:31 PM (#2806)
Subject: Powder Coat

Visionary

Memphis
I'm thinking of powder coating some of the "aluminum" pieces and would like to know which ones are metal and which ones are plastic?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
metalguy
Posted 2007-12-11 12:39 AM (#2811 - in reply to #2806)
Subject: Re: Powder Coat

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I believe all the brushed silver pieces are Aluminum. I am planning on replacing all of mine with Chrome units, but also plan on powdercoating the removed pieces black gloss. Luckily, I have my own powdercoat equipment!----Metalguy
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-11 8:48 AM (#2812 - in reply to #2811)
Subject: Re: Powder Coat

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I talked to a custom motorcycle painter and he said we did not have to powder coat the pieces, he could match up the paint with no issue. He would also apply a harder clear coat on the bike which would eliminate some of the scuffing issues already discussed on this site.
SongFan
Posted 2007-12-11 9:39 AM (#2814 - in reply to #2806)
Subject: RE: Powder Coat

Visionary

Memphis

My dealer has a guy that can color match so that's not a big issue. I personally like the pieces that are aluminum, I just think the front and rear pieces need to be muted some.

Metalguy, do they have a powder coat that looks like black chrome? I'm thinking of doing the front pieces, small rear pieces and the grab rails in a black chrome look. They would still be "accents" but not distract from the lines of the bike as much. I'd keep the side pieces as is to frame the motor.

Any advice would be welcome.

Edited by SongFan 2007-12-11 9:41 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™