You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Option Info & Issues
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-11 10:32 PM (#2829)
Subject: Option Info & Issues

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Went to the dealer today to pickup my ordered accessories. Here is some info you may want to know.
I-Pod Power Cord & Console link, part #2876116. When I ordered dealer said I also needed Audio Harness Package, part # 2876143, that's not true. Plugged in the I-Pod cord and it works fine. The catalog even says the harness is required.
US Flag, Pole & Mount, part #2857068. This is a Kuryakyn part. It won't work on a Tour or a Street unless there is a luggage rack to mount it. There are no Victory instructions on this, they are just selling us a Kuryakyn part, so I'm not reallys sure it will mount to the trunk rack or the seat rack for the street.
Interior Trunk Mirror, part # 2876155. Mirror did not come with the adhesive foam that attaches the mirror to the bracket.
65 Amp Charging System, part # 2876076. Discontinued, if you have one ordered, you won't get it.
PIAA Aux. Light Kit, part #2875746. Did not get them after placing order month and a half ago. Suppose to have shipped today, hope to have next week.
Hope his helps someone ordering stuff.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TimS
Posted 2007-12-11 10:45 PM (#2832 - in reply to #2829)
Subject: RE: Option Info & Issues

Iron Butt

Hi William,

My trunk mirror came with all of the parts including the adhesive foam. The kit replaces 2 allen head screws with 2 longer torqx screws. Why they introduced torqx into the mix, I have no idea.

I had the 65 Amp charging system on order to and found out it was discontinued.

My PIAA Aux. Light and High Performance Air filter is also on back-order.

Everything has come in and has been installed. I am holding off on the luggage rack. I am questioning how functional it will be.

I have ordered a high beam garage door opener and a pair of hi/low beam Xenon HID replacement lamp kits that still need to be installed.

Tim
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-11 10:59 PM (#2833 - in reply to #2832)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Hey Mike, the Torx deal also swayed me, why, had to make another trip to the tool chest. It looked like the mirror box was opened and then sealed, you know what that means!!!! I thought the flag would be a good addition, but not on the top of the box, I don't believe the rack is what I want. I will have to see one mounted first. One thing I did not mention was I got the cam chain adjuster nut covers. They go on with no problem. On my Kingpin 92 cu. in., it cost me $75 for the dealer to install the back one, they had to move the back exhaust pipe to get it on, but on the new motor, no problem. I also, picked up my Stage1 Level 1, I know it is all there, but have not looked at the mufflers.
Bearcat
Posted 2007-12-11 11:48 PM (#2834 - in reply to #2829)

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
I ordered a cover for the bike when parked at work in the sun, the cover plate to put over the mount for the trunk when I remove it, and the tailgunner exhaust tips when I ordered the bike. Got the bike cover the day I took delivery but had to take it back as it was sewn together wrong (the bag for the trunk was sewn into the zipper stitching), dealer did the exchange that same day. The full bike cover fits either the tour or street model, it has an added "bag" inside a zippered compartment that fits over the trunk. It fits okay but does not have any means to retain (strap) one side to the other. As I live in a windy area I'll make some sort of strap to attach under the engine from one side to the other. Have since picked up the cover plate last week but have not removed the trunk yet (spousal unit has not had her first ride yet). The tailgunner tips are on backorder with no ship date in sight so far. Dealer has the bike back after the first service to troubleshoot the sixth gear indicator not working. When I took the bike in for the service I told them about the gear indicator not showing sixth gear, they noted the problem but DO NOT HAVE A SERVIVE MANUAL!!! So they called Victory engineers and got a couple things to try. Hope to get the scooter back tomorrow.

Miles
Posted 2007-12-12 3:22 AM (#2838 - in reply to #2829)
Subject: Re: Option Info & Issues

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
Ok... I gots to ask... "Interior Trunk Mirror???"
RedRider
Posted 2007-12-12 6:36 AM (#2839 - in reply to #2829)

Visionary

If any of you need accessories for your Vision give Zack's V-Twin a call, better to stop in. I saw lots of goodies there waiting for someone to take them home. Plus as we all know Zack's is a great place to do business.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-12 7:20 AM (#2841 - in reply to #2838)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
It is important to have this mirror, especially for the ladies to fix their helmet hair.
TimS
Posted 2007-12-12 10:19 AM (#2843 - in reply to #2838)

Iron Butt

Miles - 2007-12-12 3:22 AM

Ok... I gots to ask... "Interior Trunk Mirror???"

Wifey, need I say more ??? When Mama's happy, every ones happy !!!

Edited by TimS 2007-12-12 10:20 AM
TimS
Posted 2007-12-12 11:12 AM (#2847 - in reply to #2834)

Iron Butt

Bearcat - 2007-12-11 11:48 PM

... Got the bike cover the day I took delivery but had to take it back as it was sewn together wrong (the bag for the trunk was sewn into the zipper stitching), dealer did the exchange that same day. The full bike cover fits either the tour or street model, it has an added "bag" inside a zippered compartment that fits over the trunk. It fits okay but does not have any means to retain (strap) one side to the other. As I live in a windy area I'll make some sort of strap to attach under the engine from one side to the other. ....

Rick,

The bike cover is pretty cool. They even put a zipper in to accommodate the CB antenna. Mine has loops on the bottom that you can attach bungee cords to it to hold it down. They are cheap so that should not be a problem.

Tim
stretch
Posted 2007-12-12 5:11 PM (#2855 - in reply to #2834)

Puddle Jumper

Adamsville, Tn
I thought the tour came with the cover plate for tour box removal. No?
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-12 5:25 PM (#2856 - in reply to #2855)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

stretch - 2007-12-12 4:11 PMI thought the tour came with the cover plate for tour box removal. No?

Nope.  A lot of people (dealers and engineers included) thought it did before we started receiving the bikes.  The piece is either about $100 or $200 (depends if it is ordered as a part or as an accessory - seriously - or at least that is information we received a couple of months ago).

Edited by Lone Ranger 2007-12-12 5:27 PM
stretch
Posted 2007-12-12 5:37 PM (#2857 - in reply to #2856)

Puddle Jumper

Adamsville, Tn
Lone Ranger - 2007-12-12 4:25 PM

stretch - 2007-12-12 4:11 PMI thought the tour came with the cover plate for tour box removal. No?

Nope.  A lot of people (dealers and engineers included) thought it did before we started receiving the bikes.  The piece is either about $100 or $200 (depends if it is ordered as a part or as an accessory - seriously - or at least that is information we received a couple of months ago).

That sounds like H-D marketing.
maddog
Posted 2007-12-12 6:48 PM (#2862 - in reply to #2829)

Cruiser

Nebraska
Looking at this mirror it appears that it sticks out aways. Looks like it would reduce the amount of stuff I could put in the trunk. Also looks like it would be easily broke if lid was slammed on said stuff. Any input ?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-12 6:54 PM (#2865 - in reply to #2829)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
yeah, you don't need a mirror. i use the mirrors provided. if the woman is that vain, might want to look for a new one. LOL.
swiftvtx
Posted 2007-12-12 7:37 PM (#2879 - in reply to #2865)

Cruiser

BUCKEYE - 2007-12-12 1:54 PM

yeah, you don't need a mirror. i use the mirrors provided. if the woman is that vain, might want to look for a new one. LOL.

That mirror is a whole lot cheaper. If she wants the mirror she will get it. Got to know which battles are worth the fight.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-12 10:00 PM (#2888 - in reply to #2865)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Hey Buckeye, you better ask your dancing girl is she would like a mirror.
excelboy10
Posted 2007-12-12 10:12 PM (#2890 - in reply to #2829)

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I'm still looking for anyone that's installed the audio harness and CB/Intercom. Anybody??
I think I've got a bad CB unit and the only way to prove it is to plug in a different one. Local dealer doesn't have one but says they'll call me when they get one so I can test.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-13 12:48 AM (#2896 - in reply to #2890)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Excel - I have a CB that I haven't plugged in yet if you want to get together to try it out.
excelboy10
Posted 2007-12-13 7:37 AM (#2900 - in reply to #2829)

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
Lone, thanks! The first day we have after this front moves through I'll call you to check your schedule.
chahn1
Posted 2007-12-13 9:16 AM (#2905 - in reply to #2829)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
The directions dont tell you that to properly install the harness you have to use the connectors under the faring, not the ones under the dash. this will give you all the controls so you can send and receive. Also the J&M headset cords do not work with the new system. We're heading down to J&M today. They say it's just a matter of cables. If you check the colors on the connections you can see which connections to use under the faring. I had the same problem in the begining hooking up the CB and so did the dealer
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-13 10:55 AM (#2910 - in reply to #2829)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
as fars as the standard MP3 player connector goes, I just plug and play? The book says the functions on the radio don't work with the generic MP3 player. With that being said, and understand that if it isn't beer or dancing girls looking for mirrors, i'm a cheap bastard. Can I keep it below $100 for a simple MP3/Ipod to play music, and be able to control with my standard radio buttons on my bike? If I go with the IPOD don't i have to get some kind new connector. It has the connector, does it connect to IPods also? I'm a rookie with all this techno stuff.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-13 11:43 AM (#2911 - in reply to #2829)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
My MP3 player works on the plug and play - if you want to go IPod you need to order the connector, I have that and it works also, but make sure you don't get the hard drive IPod - With that being said, maybe the radio is all you need sheepman, you really don't have time to fool with this audio stuff, maybe just a nice mirror for you wife and let it go, save the money for beer, sheep and dancing girls.

As for me, I spent most my money on booz, girls, and gambling, and wasted the rest --
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-13 11:59 AM (#2912 - in reply to #2829)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
hmmm, the manual is not forth right? ok, at least i didn't have $250 for a manual like HD.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-13 12:02 PM (#2913 - in reply to #2829)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
VisionTex - 2007-12-11 5:32 PM

I-Pod Power Cord & Console link, part #2876116. When I ordered dealer said I also needed Audio Harness Package, part # 2876143, that's not true. Plugged in the I-Pod cord and it works fine. The catalog even says the harness is required.

Using an MP3 or I-pod with the standard hook up in the glove compartment will work and play music, it just won't give you the ability to read and control the device from your counsol and radio controls. If you order I-Pod Power Cord & Console link, part #2876116 and have an I-Pod to plug into it, that will give you the ablity to change the I-pod and read out from you radio controls.

MP3 players are very resonable less than $100. I have a 4 GB I-Pod Nano, cost $149. The I-pod cord is around $44. Also very easy to install, but don't by the Audio Harness.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-13 12:08 PM (#2915 - in reply to #2829)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
so, basically my mp3 player just uses my speakers....nice, and the reason for a standard (barely functional) connection would be?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™