You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

tire guard montioring system
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

rlreed
Posted 2009-03-24 8:33 AM (#30863)
Subject: tire guard montioring system

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
After only 8500 miles my rear tire is shot. I'm considering the tire guard pressure monitoring system. Does anyone here use it and does it work?????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-24 9:08 AM (#30864 - in reply to #30863)
Subject: Re: tire guard montioring system

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
how much does it cost? and is the tire shot from a lack of air or just plain old wear?
alberts46
Posted 2009-03-24 9:12 AM (#30865 - in reply to #30863)
Subject: RE: tire guard montioring system

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I have had the TPMS from Big Bike Parts for about 2 months. Works great once you understand the way it works. When you are moving you are getting real tire pressure readings, if the bike sits for a while and you look at the monitor, it will give you the reading from when the tires stopped rotating. You must then go a few hundred yards and you will start getting real time readings again. In other words, if the bike sits for a few days and you turn on the system, that is the pressures you had when you parked it. I love it, great piece of mind. You can set a high and low air pressure warning for both front and rear, plus a high heat setting alarm. Keep the high pressure alarm setting at least 5 pounds high as when the tires get hot the pressure goes up.
rlreed
Posted 2009-03-24 9:18 AM (#30868 - in reply to #30863)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
We just got back from a trip to the Keys and the rear tire cupped and a chunk of rubber was missing. This tire had a leak from the begining that we could not find, everytime I checked the pressure it was down a few lbs, so I constantly had to lay on the ground checking pressure and adding air... I'm putting a new tire on it and looking at the Tire Guard system at JP cycles.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-24 10:03 AM (#30870 - in reply to #30863)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i might be wrong. but i doubt the tire pressure monitor would have saved your tire. it sounds to me like you had a defective tire right from the start... espeically if you were missing tread!
VaParadox
Posted 2009-03-24 10:50 PM (#30912 - in reply to #30863)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
can someone explain "tire cupping" just want to make sure i am understanding its total meaning and possible causes. thanks
Rebel
Posted 2009-03-25 11:50 AM (#30927 - in reply to #30863)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Tire Cupping is a pattern of tire wear caused by bad shocks or struts and is characterized by little divots or shallow "cups" along the tread of the tire. These are caused when the worn out shocks allow the tire to bounce along road rather than maintain constant contact.

I suspect that what most folks here are experiencing, though, isn't really tire cupping. Based on some of the other problems that have shown up on the Vision, namely the belt chirping, I would say that what folks are seeing is a feathering or scallopping along the tire edge. This is caused by tire misalignment, which is also what seems to be causing most folks' belt chirping.

This is really just a guess, a WAG if you will, because without having seen the problem myself it's very hard to diagnose over the internet. It's sort of like when someone calls you and says, "hey, my car is doing this and making a funny noise. What's wrong with it?"

By the way, both of these problems are exacerbated by poor tire inflation.
KansasGuardsman
Posted 2009-03-25 12:54 PM (#30933 - in reply to #30863)

Cruiser

Wichita, Kansas
Alberts46 - Does that system go in the tire or screw on the valve stem?
alberts46
Posted 2009-03-25 2:40 PM (#30941 - in reply to #30933)

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
These screw on the valve stems. I looked at the ones that get banded inside the wheel and opted for this system. They are clearly marked F and R and as I said in the previous post, working very well so far.
slowryder
Posted 2009-03-26 9:25 AM (#30996 - in reply to #30863)

Cruiser

L.I., N.Y.
When I first got my Vision June 08 I had tire pressure issues into late Aug and Sept. due to temperature varying between 90 deg. and mid 50's. I tried nitro-fill, paid $9.00 lifetime refills, playing with the front/rear psi over the month of Sept. and Oct. I like psi 40f/42r did this around 4500mi temps. around 69deg. I read a few post on riders trying to prevent this cupping issue VMC Oct 08. Dec tire check was 39f/41/r at 32deg., Jan 38f/40r at 15deg., Mar 24th 37 1/2f/39r 24deg. At 7800 mi the rear tire looks great good even wear the front has good tread wear with a distingushable center riding band. Dealer is working on other problem so I'm having put the psi back to 40f/42r. http://www.thevmc.com/start.html I just learn this from BA-jackpot yesterday. Hope it helps, okay I obviously still need help in the computer area. I just searched the VMC Victory Vision forum tire cupping as keyword.

Edited by slowryder 2009-03-26 9:32 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™