You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Help - changing the units to metric
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Doc
Posted 2009-03-26 4:53 AM (#30990)
Subject: Help - changing the units to metric

Cruiser

Being a UK rider and planning my next trip across the channel, I was excited to see that I could (or SHOULD be able to) switch over the speedo etc to kph. I followed the instructions in the manual but it just doesn;t happen. Anyone any experience trying to do this?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2009-03-26 6:51 AM (#30992 - in reply to #30990)
Subject: RE: Help - changing the units to metric

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

I'd like to know too! I want to be able to go 180. I'm amazed as long as the double standard has been on our speedo's, at least since the last century, of how many people look at the speedometer and say "Wow!, this thing can do 180mphs!" I'm going to start saying "Yeah, you want go for a ride?"

By the way, I did fiddle with it one day and couldn't get it to change. I'm thinking it is a computer thing at the dealer.

Edited by varyder 2009-03-26 6:52 AM
Doc
Posted 2009-03-26 9:45 AM (#30999 - in reply to #30992)

Cruiser

Glad it's not just me being a numpty!
Is there anyone from Victory on here who can assist?

SongFan
Posted 2009-03-26 11:34 AM (#31004 - in reply to #30990)

Visionary

Memphis

From the manual:

To change the odometer display from English (miles and 12 hr clock) to Metric (Kilometers and 24 hr clock):

- With the key OFF, press and hold the MODE button (the trigger on the left handlebar)

- Turn the key to ON or ACC

- Toggle the MODE button to the desired screen display unit

- Press and hold the MODE button until the display returns to the TRIP computer.

Hope this helps...

Edited by SongFan 2009-03-26 11:42 AM
Crawford
Posted 2009-03-26 11:46 AM (#31005 - in reply to #30999)
Subject: Re: Help - changing the units to metric

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Living in Canada I have had lots of opportunity to switch from kilometers to miles and back. It is nice while travelling in the United States to be able to do this, I just have to remind myself that it's not 100 or 110 I should be doing anymore but 65 or 70.

With the key off press and hold the mode button (back side of the left handlebar) and turn the key on. The display should now be flashing, release the mode button. Press and release the mode button again, it should now be flashing the opposite unit. Press and hold the mode button until it quits flashing. You should now be in the opposite units. Turn key off.

Not only does it change the speed read out but also the odometer, temperature and all the other read outs.

Doc
Posted 2009-03-26 12:03 PM (#31008 - in reply to #30990)

Cruiser

Yup - this is what I have tried with no luck. When the key is turned (after holding the mode on), the clocks just look normal - no flashing. Sounds like it's a trip back to the dealer.
SongFan
Posted 2009-03-26 12:22 PM (#31009 - in reply to #30990)

Visionary

Memphis

Doc,

Sorry to insult you, I missed the part where you said you did it by the manual already.  My Vision ('08) had electrical gremlins early on that only reared their heads one time and then never again.  I would have to turn it off and on a couple of time to get it to reset it's brain. 

Try this:  Turn the key ON (or even start it up) and hold the MODE button.  Keep holding the button and turn the key OFF.  Keep the button held down and turn the key back ON.  See if it goes into the MODE you want.  Odds are it won't work but it's worth a shot.  Good luck.

Rebel
Posted 2009-03-27 9:19 AM (#31060 - in reply to #30990)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Let's back up one more step. 1) Make sure you're using the mode switch. It's on front side of the left hand grip and is activated (normally) with the index finger. 2) Make sure the mode switch is working and will switch your Odo, trip meter, fuel economy info, etc.

Not trying to be condescending or patronizing, just want to get the absolute basics of troubleshooting out of the way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™