You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Question about oil filters?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bezoe
Posted 2009-03-27 11:29 PM (#31084)
Subject: Question about oil filters?

Puddle Jumper

Lakehills, Texas
Anyone have any thoughts about, or have used the Scotts aluminum lifetime oil filter, my dealer was really pushing these ( $135 ). I'm not to sure it wasn't just an accessory upgrade sales job, I've neve heard anyone complain about the stock filters, any suggestions. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2009-03-27 11:42 PM (#31086 - in reply to #31084)
Subject: Re: Question about oil filters?

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I can buy 22 Wix filters @ $6 for about $132. That would be good for about 55,000 miles. I will stick with the Wix filters.
sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-03-28 7:03 AM (#31093 - in reply to #31084)

Tourer

, IA
i have them on three bikes and they work very well look good and donot have to discard used onesinto the enviroment
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-03-28 7:11 AM (#31094 - in reply to #31093)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
one thing that i like about the filters we throw away is, no time spent cleaning a oil filter. and if you think about it. there is more expense than just the filter according to the website. cause you have tp purchase the cleaners to clean the oil filter. I think the oil filteir s a nice idea. but for me usually im in a hurry and i would rather (at this point) be able to drain the oil and slap on a new oil filter and in a few minutes be back on the road. I think for me it might be not a matter of one filter being worth it or not. i think its more of a hassle thing..?
rdbudd
Posted 2009-03-28 8:30 PM (#31146 - in reply to #31086)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
radioteacher - 2009-03-27 11:42 PM

I can buy 22 Wix filters @ $6 for about $132. That would be good for about 55,000 miles. I will stick with the Wix filters.

Me too. You can't get a better filter than one made by WIX. I get mine from Fleet Filter in Brenham Texas. http://fleetfilter.com They sell the Napa Gold line which is made by Wix in North Carolina, USA. The Wix 51356 (Napa Gold 1356) costs $4.55 plus shipping. I always order filters for all my various vehicles at one time so the shipping charge is amortized over several filters. No sales tax if out-of-state. They ship pretty quickly.

Ronnie
radioteacher
Posted 2009-03-29 8:43 AM (#31180 - in reply to #31084)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
When I think of Brenham Texas, I think of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Sounds like I need to ride to Fleet Filter and pick up some filters and have some Blue Bell while I am there.

Ride Safe
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™