You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

OK if I get the Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

MRG
Posted 2007-12-14 1:06 AM (#2955)
Subject: OK if I get the Vision

Cruiser

What "first year" quirks will I have to look for?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
okthenbye
Posted 2007-12-14 1:33 AM (#2956 - in reply to #2955)
Subject: Re: OK if I get the Vision

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
For "first year" quirks get a HD. So far my Vision is excellent no issues, best ride. It is also very new as all of them are right now. Based on history my Kingpin was reliable comfortable and quick. For comfort the Vision far exceeds anything else I have ever ridden. As for handling it is not a sport bike but I have yet to scrape floorboards or any other part in the twisties. It corners very well and doesn't feel like a heavy bike at all, very well balanced. You either love these bikes from the start or not but once you ride one it sells itself.
SongFan
Posted 2007-12-14 10:06 AM (#2965 - in reply to #2955)
Subject: RE: OK if I get the Vision

Visionary

Memphis

My #1 quirk was the convoluted delivery system for the guys who had pre-ordered. 

The bike itself:  No chrome forks, soft clearcoat, voltage regulator recall.

It's unbelievable how right they got the first year model. 

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 10:28 AM (#2969 - in reply to #2955)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
my experience is, NO QUIRKS! Like it has been mentioned, you want quirks, buy a HD. Those things are made to self destruct at 30k or less.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-14 11:09 AM (#2976 - in reply to #2955)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Here is what I have noticed. I have had my Vision since the end of September and have put over 3000 miles on it. This forum board has quite a few members on it. There are quite a few of us that ramble and rant amongst us all on here. I being one of the main contributors to the madness and mayhem. The BIG thing, is I have noticed that not one of the guys that actually has one in his garage is complaining about lemon law or poor this or that. That is a big plus, when you look at how many bikes and how many miles. It is coming up on the end of the third month of ownership and still no complaints, from me or anyone else. No one has said, handling sucks or it pulls left or right, or I can't get traction, or I can't get the front wheel off the ground (that one can be done!). If they have it is such a minority that it must be an abnormality or a Friday build. You go to Harley, Ford, GM forums and primarily nothing but complaints or inquiries as to how to fix something. So far on here, we normally trade insults and sarcasm, or try to keep a guy motivated to wait for his preorder and not give in to going and buying something else (HD). I have seen where some on here have complained that we don't stay focused on the motorcycling aspect of the forum. But if there is nothing wrong with the bike, nobody is going to go break something just to see how it works. Most of the questions are about accessories or does it do this or that. I would like to know how to pull the back tire off when it is time to change it, but once again not a problem, just an inquiry as to how to do something like maintenance. Love the bike, engine, style, and handling, lights, etc. No real quirks to raise a flag and say watch out for this or that. Good luck and Merry Christmas HO, HO, HO, HO (that was four Ho's) I love them in numbers.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-12-14 11:18 AM (#2977 - in reply to #2955)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
* Duplicate post

Edited by g1nomad 2007-12-14 11:23 AM
g1nomad
Posted 2007-12-14 11:20 AM (#2978 - in reply to #2955)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
I think the only 1st year quirk is that Victory didn't realize Touring bikes have pre-wired
intercom systems. I have decided I don't trust myself enough to install the harness, and
I ain't willing to pay the labor to a dealership.

I bought a semi-bulky J&M IntergratR IV to hang of my side. It has so many hook ups
for so many things, I'll look like a octopus. LOL No, I haven't installed the helmet head
sets yet. I have to think about it for several weeks, and many cigarettes.

Opps, just thought of something else. The windshields are wavy, and distorted. I am
sure they will figure this out, or sub it out soon. I wished they would contact me, as the
dealership thought it was okay. I own perfectly clear shields on my other 2 bikes.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 11:40 AM (#2980 - in reply to #2955)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
windshield isn't a big deal....just an adjustment. 5 seconds and I adjusted. I agree with Poe-low-tiny. Not only do we support each other, give each other rations of crap because theres nothing to complain about. The men on here even went as far as to find me a bike. my pre-order was pushed back, pushed back. I asked for help, and had contact with a dealer with in minutes, and contact with the dealer I bought from with in hours. On my bike with in days. Don't be afraid to ask the questions, rant and rave, or just have fun on this site. Don't loose your mind and X-rated, but PG-14 is ok. The bike speaks for itself, and we don't hold back the sarcasm about other bikes or each other. My wife isn't sure about my new friends, but the men on here help me "chew thru the straps". Either this and a vision, or total mayhem within an arms distance...High fives, and DesertJim,,,keep your hands to yourself!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-14 12:37 PM (#2982 - in reply to #2980)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
There have been issues with some of the earlier Visions, such as a recall on a voltage regulator, there was a small crease in both bags by the latch, there has been some problems with gear indicator. On my Vision, delievered on 12/05 have all been addressed. So whatever has come up, I believe Victory is working out the issues and probably will continue that way. I've had more issue with accessories than with the bike as delivered, that's why there is an Option Issue thread here, for information passage. My Kingpin gave me trouble free riding for over 31000 miles, I don't see why this bike will be any different.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-14 12:48 PM (#2984 - in reply to #2955)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I think Kickitintheeye is touching me again. Once again, I thought we were all men, and this ain't college. SandyJim you got that look in your eye like slinkyeye does. OH NO Gotta go ride.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-12-14 1:03 PM (#2985 - in reply to #2980)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
BUCKEYE - 2007-12-14 11:40 AM

windshield isn't a big deal....just an adjustment. 5 seconds and I adjusted.

Yours is the superior. I on the other hand have two other bikes with clear shields.
It would be like having 3 pairs of shoes, and putting rocks inside one. Wouldn't
you hate wearing that pair of shoes?
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-14 3:08 PM (#2989 - in reply to #2955)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Hammerintheeye, what did you adjust, I don't think some can get rid of the distortion. I haven't had to adjust the windshield, I do have the little bit of wavy at the very top edge for about a 1/2 inch down. I would think it would be warranty, no matter what the dealer says. Find a dealer who gives a crap. I really don't understand why they wouldn't claim it, they get paid.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 5:11 PM (#2998 - in reply to #2955)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
my adjustment is to sit taller when the thing is in my view! Like you said, it's not a problem. Maybe for the vertically challenged, it would be an issue. I thought about the hammer again, but my wife wrestled it away. Of course this was after 12 beers,,,then last night she was standing over me while I slept with a baseball bat whispering...Buckeye, I have a kiss for you...don't remember much after that. I did have a great nights sleep, but have a knot on my skull.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-14 9:47 PM (#3029 - in reply to #2955)

Visionary

So Cal
Ive had mine a little over a month with no complaints. The trans was noisy till the first service but has quieted down since, new gears and all. I mentioned the dent in the bags to the dealer, was told theyre all like that. I may decide to push the issue after the catch up on production. Extremely hard to see anyway. Dosent make sense to replace them if the new parts are going to have the same dent. Im also concerned with fit of the replacement parts also, these bag open and close perfectly. I dont notice any distortion on my windshield, up or down. Did have a problem with the battery after XM install. Idling for 15 min. to get an activation signal for XM the battery got weak. I made sure the cables were tight and put the battery tender on till the light turned green ( took about 20 hrs.) Havent had a problem since.
As far as MY rants, With a Vision in the garage, Im feeling much better now!
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-12-14 11:36 PM (#3033 - in reply to #2955)

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
I've had mine for seven weeks, only watch outs have already been mentioned. (recall, what appears like dents, small amount of distortion in ws)
I was a little leary of buying a first year, early production model too. After reading about everything that went into the development of this thing I decided it was worth the chance and every time I sit my butt in that warm seat, I'm sure glad I did. 1800 smiling miles!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™