You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Just got a call.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Mudge
Posted 2007-12-14 1:24 PM (#2986)
Subject: Just got a call.

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
I just got a call from my local Vic dealer. He got a Midnight Cherry Premium tour in, and a couple of guys who had deposits down prior to mine changed their minds. I haven't. He's going to put a stage 1 level 1 kit on it (He has one in the shop.), and as soon as some stock funds I got a transfer started on last Tuesday get deposited in the checking account, I'll be going up there to do the paperwork. I was kind of hoping Lloyd Greer's stuff would be out before the bike came in so I'd know what to do do about the stage 1 re-flash, but I guess I can always get it flashed again if necessary. The good news is that dealer will deliver it, the temps being in the 20's (I'm too old to be THAT hard corps..). The bad news is that It'll be sitting in the garage along with the Kingpin until the weather starts warming up, thought I gotta say, barring another ice storm here, I know it's gonna'bbe real tempting to test it out and risk a little frostbite. I've got to say this happened a lot faster than I thought it would and it was a bit of a surprise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-14 3:02 PM (#2988 - in reply to #2986)
Subject: Re: Just got a call.

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Heated hands and buns, give it a go! It will be like taking the Polar Plunge, invigorating. Maybe you make a new club and call it the Polar Riders.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-14 3:29 PM (#2991 - in reply to #2986)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Congrats Mudge - Where do you hail from? Maybe OK? Friends there that have had a tough time this week, ice storms, no power etc. Don't pay any attention to pollllooollooguy above in the post, he is a little,oops,pollo challenged, grew up raising chicks or something. Polar Riders Club????
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-14 3:55 PM (#2992 - in reply to #2986)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
SandyJim, no worries Buckeye, I and crew still love you, even if the temps don't drop below 60 degrees. Leave it to your buddies to bring up your past and jam it to you. Just when I thought we were becoming friends. You owe me a Bud Light. Watching my calories and all.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-14 4:25 PM (#2993 - in reply to #2986)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Po - Still one of the greatest Bud Light commercials "I love you man"- and it will be my pleasure to buy you a Bud Light, or two, or more.
Mudge
Posted 2007-12-14 4:52 PM (#2995 - in reply to #2991)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
I'm about 20 miles west of Chicago, from where I moved about a year ago. Every year around this time I start envying the people who live in warmer places. The Polar club sounds interesting, I'd pay money to see you brave lads riding in 20 degree weather, wearing DOT helmets, sandals, and wet bathing suits. Might get a little hairy though, right after your eyelids freeze shut.

Edited by Mudge 2007-12-14 4:55 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 4:57 PM (#2996 - in reply to #2986)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Conflatulations MUDGE~
whaaahooOOOOOWHOOOOO! BEERS ON DESERT JIM! poop- are you old enough to drink beer? It's only 60's today. I had to put the hand warmer and cheeks on low....to hot in the hot tube.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-12-14 5:21 PM (#3000 - in reply to #2986)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Chilly in this desert today low 60's like you Bucky - Suppose to warm up a little- can't imagine ridin in the 20's or 30's, holy freholy that would be cold on my gnads, how do you guys do that? Mudge you have humidity that makes it colder yet,yes? Bucky and I do need to ride in our speedos in the summer, of course with motorcycle boots, and thats not a pretty sight in my neighborhood, people laughin, sheep and dogs howlin, wife cussin---- oh well--- ride baby ride!
swiftvtx
Posted 2007-12-14 5:29 PM (#3003 - in reply to #2986)

Cruiser

I feel for ya MUDGE my brother lived there and I stopped by once and the wind was blowing it was so freaking cold that was the coldest I have ever been, and I've spent most of my life in Alaska
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 5:29 PM (#3004 - in reply to #2986)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
it's been around 28 on the way in to work...not bad with the warmers on high. long john skivvies and leather jacket. The sheep does help. My G-nads don't feel the cold with heat on them. I don't want to quit riding! It takes alot of will power to turn onto the road to base. Just want to keep going east and visit Jimmy, Jim, Jim for beers. Still can't get the right combo for the lisc plate. trying to order on line, and every variation of BUCKEYE is taken. Relief just came thru the hatch! LIBERTY CALL WEEK END BABY! peas out
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-14 5:49 PM (#3010 - in reply to #2995)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Mudge, congratulations on the new one. Post some pictures when you get time. Also, I used to live just south of you about 100 miles.......burrrrrr. When I was a younger man I remember many cold rides to work. Your going to really enjoy your new ride.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-14 8:25 PM (#3019 - in reply to #2986)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Born and raised in Toledo, Ohio...lake effect just brings a brother down! The only thing I like that's cold is a beer. Sure makes it easier to play ice hockey ...but thats why someone invented inline skates!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-14 9:19 PM (#3027 - in reply to #2986)

Visionary

So Cal
Congrats Mudge! As long as its in the garage the hardest battle is already won. Most of us have waited many months to get that far. Its been in the 30's here in the morning. With all the heater on that bike the only thing that isnt covered is your face. I just cover my ears with a bandana and I dont feel the cold.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™