You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cycle dragon vs Stage 1 Level 1
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-07 1:46 PM (#31746)
Subject: Cycle dragon vs Stage 1 Level 1

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
OK guys im sorry for all the questions about mufflers, at least it should make for an informative achieves... lol I called cycle dragon today. I was told last week to call them in a week so I did. The mufflers still aren't in stock. He said to call again this Friday. So my question is has anyone every heard a S1L1 setup and then heard a Vision with a Cycle Dragon mufflers? Im wondering about the differences in sound.. Is there anyone out there that have heard the two? Thanks again..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-08 6:45 AM (#31754 - in reply to #31746)
Subject: Re: Cycle dragon vs Stage 1 Level 1

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I forgot to mention the reason why i asked this question in the first place. When i called cycle dragon last week and i asked them about their mufflers i was told "they are 10% quieter than anything victory offers". Im guessing he means with all the packing in? but even then i was shocked to hear that. Anyone out there say this is true or untrue?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-10 8:06 PM (#31948 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well this is my 3rd time i called cycle dragon about the mufflers. 1st time was to ask them about pipes (out of stock) then they told me to call them again in 1 week. so i did, still out of stock, so they told me to call them today "friday" as they should surely be in.. i did, now they said to call them again in another week.. Well i think its safe to say im going another route. patience is something i lack. and its been 2 weeks so far and they said to wait another week... 8(
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-04-10 9:17 PM (#31956 - in reply to #31746)
Subject: RE: Cycle dragon vs Stage 1 Level 1

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

10% quieter? Based on what? Do they have any video or sound clips or decibel meter readings to support this type of statement?

But anyways....this type of action is a bit unusual for the Cycle Dragon folks. There have been quite a few members here who have purchased products from them and haven't reported any problems. Did they give you any reason for the delay? Did they possibly make any type of "promise" that they will be in stock sometime next week? Any chance you have talked to the same person each time you have called and this person might not have any clue what they are talking about? Did you happen to ask for a manager or owner?

I'm not trying to defend Cycle Dragon here. Sounds like they have screwed up a bit. And based on what I've heard about them around here it kinda surprises me you are having this grief getting your pipes.

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-10 9:24 PM (#31957 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
the guy i talked with was john. he said today that the order has a issue and wasnt ready yet.. ive talked to the same guy each time. Even if it wasnt the same guy you shouldnt have to keep calling every week to findout if something is in stock or not. i even offered to pay now and when they get them just ship them too me.. they would NOT take my money. and to be that was a Red Flag. that tells me they really dont know when they are coming in.. its one thing to not have them in stock, but its another to not even want to take my money. but now i see why. and to be honest im glad they didnt take my money... cause it would have been already 2 weeks and No pipes. and as it stands now they said to give them ANOTHER week. this would make week #3...
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-10 9:27 PM (#31958 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
oh btw telling me their pipes are 10% quieter is NOT a selling point.!!! lol in fact i was like Oh...... 8( im not looking for Big honker loud, but to say your more quiet than a s1l1 is pretty darn quiet from what i understand. ( i have never heard any of them Except s1l2 in person)

btw he said (cycle dragon) that when they get their order in they should have at least 20 sets of mufflers ready for shipment.. he could tell i wasnt pleased calling 3 times already. he assured me i would be able to get a set WHEN they come in... well im 99% Not willing to wait any longer. i will give it a few more days since i will be away on the Vision for 3 days anyways starting on easter. But im no longer holding my breathe..

Edited by Arkainzeye 2009-04-10 9:32 PM
cjnoho
Posted 2009-04-11 1:35 AM (#31987 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

So Cal
I have heard both and really cant tell the difference. Cycledragon claims the computer will compensate up to 15% change in flow. Last I heard, SL1 can only be had with the remap. I have heard the Ness Honkers and they can get annoying. Thats just my taste.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-11 6:53 AM (#31998 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Im glad you said you heard both and you really cant tell a difference. Im more worried about sound and the ability to be able to Reuse my gatlin tips. more power would be nice, but i feel for my uses this bike doesnt "need" it. the cycle dragon mufflers will shipping are $424 thats just mufflers. the S1L1 from my local dealer he said he would give it to me for $460, but then that setup includes a new reuseable air filter and a new fuel injection map. now my dealer charges $30 to install the map but.. The air filter alone i priced it at $59. and my stock air filter has 3500 miles left to its life. then it need replaced..
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-15 10:57 PM (#32362 - in reply to #31746)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I noticed tonight that the opening on the stock exhaust is 35mm and the opening on the stage 1 level 1 is 40mm. Just thought id thought that out there.. lol
cjnoho
Posted 2009-04-18 2:12 AM (#32508 - in reply to #31998)

Visionary

So Cal
Arkainzeye - 2009-04-11 3:53 AM

Im glad you said you heard both and you really cant tell a difference. Im more worried about sound and the ability to be able to Reuse my gatlin tips. more power would be nice, but i feel for my uses this bike doesnt "need" it. the cycle dragon mufflers will shipping are $424 thats just mufflers. the S1L1 from my local dealer he said he would give it to me for $460, but then that setup includes a new reuseable air filter and a new fuel injection map. now my dealer charges $30 to install the map but.. The air filter alone i priced it at $59. and my stock air filter has 3500 miles left to its life. then it need replaced..

I poked a couple of extra holes in my stock pipes and left it at that. It has a nice deep tone but not annoying. I came off of HD's and decided I was done with the noise. The restricting factor of the stock exhaust is the outlet. Any upgrade, even the gatlin' tips would restrict flow. The high flow air filters require maitainence also. Most people throw them in and forget them. Ive had my Vision to 110 mph and thats stock, out of the box. 15 mph faster than any stock HD Ive owned (that would has cost me $500-$1000) and its QUIET in comparison. And still gets 40+ mpg at 80mph. And the neighbor probably think I moved.
BarryBennett
Posted 2009-04-19 9:59 PM (#32629 - in reply to #31746)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
I have the cycle dragon pipes and i have heard and ridden on level 1 and level 2 Victory muffler systems. I think the cycle dragon is a little louder and deeper than the rest with all the packing in them. That is just my opinion. There is not very much difference though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™