You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Up and running CB/intercom?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jama
Posted 2007-12-16 12:24 AM (#3055)
Subject: Up and running CB/intercom?

Cruiser

Arkansas
Anybody got an up and running CB/intercom on their ride? I read on one of these threads that the J&M headsets would not work. (Even though they are made for the same CB radio which is also in the HDs).

Also along this line: where's the am/fm antenna on this ride? I saw the antenna connector when I installed the GPS, but I don't know where it goes from there. Reception is marginal in places where all my other bikes received signals well. Can this one be improved-anyone messed with it yet?
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-16 1:00 AM (#3057 - in reply to #3055)
Subject: Re: Up and running CB/intercom?

Visionary

Brighton, TN
the antenna is located under the front metal trim right below the windshield. The trim just pulls up, pull at the outer corners and it will pop out. Pull it forward and you will see the antenna disconnect to be able to disconnect from the metal trim. I also don't have good reception in some places and was figuring I could probably run it next to the plastic trim below the windshield and get it from behind that piece of metal and see what would happen. If you happen to get a better signal reception, let us know.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-16 5:02 AM (#3065 - in reply to #3055)

Visionary

So Cal
My radio reception sucks also. I have a feeling that Victory thought that most riders would upgrade to XM, CD, or mp3. I have the XM upgrade and it works great. The XM module is about half the size of a pack of cigarettes. The audio harness is bigger than the XM. The harness also has a lead that terminates just under the trunk. Im curious to know whether the CD player and the CB can be installed together since they share the same space and harness for mounting?
excelboy10
Posted 2007-12-16 7:30 AM (#3066 - in reply to #3055)
Subject: RE: Up and running CB/intercom?

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I've installed my CB/intercom and haven't gotten the bugs figured out yet. I'm using my 06 HD headsets and have very low volume out of the left earpiece. The CB/intercom mic doesn't seem to work at all. Trying to meet up with Lone Ranger to try his CB module to see if I just received a defective one.
Hey cj where does the XM antennae mount? I think satellite radio is one of the best inventions since we found fire.
Vsion
Posted 2007-12-16 10:04 AM (#3069 - in reply to #3055)

Cruiser

Southeast, AZ United States
Picked mine up yesterday after having almost all of my options installed. I didn't buy JM headsets, used the Victory headsets for the Vision. I can say that they work great! The sound from the headset speakers is crystal clear. The icom has many options to include VOX (voice activated transmission) that is adjustable from full open to full closed.

I haven't had a chance to use the CB yet, but don't anticipate any problems. The Infotainment system has tons of options for fine tuning all of the components, I'm still trying to figure it all out...it's quite a machine, this Vision, those without one are truly missing out and those with one, know what I'm saying.

Ken
jama
Posted 2007-12-16 6:37 PM (#3084 - in reply to #3055)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Well Po,
I checked the front cover you mentioned and found the reason for my poor reception: Seems that dealers don't yet know that the antenna has to be connected to the little plug that is taped to the cover-the tape being the antenna. My antenna and its little connector was just hanging there, looking for a mate. Works 10 times better now- Go Figure!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-12-16 6:52 PM (#3086 - in reply to #3055)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Glad to be of assistance, that was one of the items the electrical engineer told me about for bad reception. The dealers seem to forget about connecting that little piece. Good to see it found its mate and is no longer lonely.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-16 8:50 PM (#3093 - in reply to #3066)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

excelboy10 - 2007-12-16 6:30 AM I've installed my CB/intercom and haven't gotten the bugs figured out yet. I'm using my 06 HD headsets and have very low volume out of the left earpiece. The CB/intercom mic doesn't seem to work at all. Trying to meet up with Lone Ranger to try his CB module to see if I just received a defective one.

I was gone for the weekend to get my bike back from Bushtec Trailers in Tennessee.  I'm back now.  Give me a call and we'll get together.  Looks like the weather is better now.

cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-16 9:05 PM (#3095 - in reply to #3055)

Visionary

So Cal
The XM antenna sticks to the dash with two sided tape. The instructions call for center placement. My dealer installed it to the right corner to avoid contact of the wire lead with the windshield mechanizm. I think it looks better also. the antenna is about the size of a quarter and about 1/2" thick. The wire just clears the bottom edge of the windshield. I never leave home without XM. No comercials.
TimS
Posted 2007-12-16 9:57 PM (#3100 - in reply to #3055)

Iron Butt

I used my intercom and CB for the first time today on a group ride. You need to adjust the levels properly, but both worked fine. The better half complained about some noise from the IPOD in her headset, so need to investigate that. We were both using the Victory headsets and mics.

The plugs for the passenger area a PITA to get to. I am going to have the dealer rotate them 180 degrees so the covers open top-down versus bottom-up. It is very difficult to get the passenger's headset cord plugged in the way it is currently setup.

HTH,
Tim
jama
Posted 2007-12-17 12:31 AM (#3109 - in reply to #3055)

Cruiser

Arkansas
I'm still wondering about the J&M headsets; I thought someone was having trouble with those. I do know that the "high output" version of J&M's are needed for the H-D's. And this is the same radio as far as I know. Don't think that is the gremlin inhabiting Excelboy1's setup, though.
chahn1
Posted 2007-12-17 9:23 AM (#3111 - in reply to #3055)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
The J&M headsets need cord #HC-ZVT from the bike to the helmet cord. The helmet cord is #ZAL. It works great with the Victory CB INTER. Call J&M and ask for Charlie, he's the one that hooked us up
Crawford
Posted 2007-12-17 12:21 PM (#3141 - in reply to #3055)

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Has anyone looked at the Victory BlueTooth headset that works with the Victory helmet that are N-Com compatible? They are on page 115 and 117 of their 2008 accessory catalog. Does anyone know if they can be made to work with CB/Intercom option for the Vision?

Crawford
Spock
Posted 2007-12-18 8:08 PM (#3247 - in reply to #3141)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
I have been told that the Bluetooth in these helmets only support helmet to helmet communications and that is it. Based on this I am not interested.

---------------
Craig
Midnight Cherry Tour Premium on order

Crawford - 2007-12-17 11:21 AM

Has anyone looked at the Victory BlueTooth headset that works with the Victory helmet that are N-Com compatible? They are on page 115 and 117 of their 2008 accessory catalog. Does anyone know if they can be made to work with CB/Intercom option for the Vision?

Crawford
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™