You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

service bulletin numbers?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

rwilly
Posted 2009-04-17 7:34 PM (#32482)
Subject: service bulletin numbers?

Tourer

seattle, wa
What do these service bulletin numbers mean?
What has been done to my bike?

V-07-01
V-08-01
V-08-03

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebel
Posted 2009-04-18 6:28 AM (#32511 - in reply to #32482)
Subject: Re: service bulletin numbers?

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Ron, check Here for explanations of the service bulletins. The V-##-## designation will be listed in the Notes section of each recall.
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-04-18 9:42 AM (#32516 - in reply to #32482)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
If you purchased your bike from a dealer you can pretty much be 99.99% sure that the service bulletins have been done. If you didn't purchase from a dealer you can call or stop by any dealer and they can run your VIN and tell you which bulletins have been done on your Vision.
cw1115
Posted 2009-04-18 10:33 AM (#32521 - in reply to #32482)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
See the radio update from almost a year ago that they were working on? 5/16/2008 - iPod and Other Radio Issues UPDATE. Victory is currently working on a to fix most if not all of the iPod and any other Radio related quirks on the Vision. This update will be built right into the dealers Digital Wrench software, so stay tuned.
They ever come out with one? Mine works well, but does do weird things now and than.
radioteacher
Posted 2009-04-18 10:45 AM (#32523 - in reply to #32521)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Here is my original software and hardware version from when I received my Vision.

Radio:
SW 4.11A
HW 4

CB:
SW 5.09A
HW 6

I had the problem that the CB would only transmit for 6 seconds and then cut out.

In November 2008 I took Sparks to the shop for its 5000 mile check up and mentioned the CB transmit issue to the Service Manager. I told him that a Flash upgrade should fix the problem.

I checked the transmitter out before I left the shop and it works fine now.

I checked the Software and Hardware versions now running on My Vision and found the following.

Radio:
SW 5.12A
HW 4

CB:
SW 5.12A
HW 6

I have never heard of this 5.12A code version so I thought I would post the information. There are some changes that I have noticed.

1. The audio soft starts now. If you were going down the road and turned on you radio/iPod the audio would be very loud at first and quite down to the set level. Now the audio starts off quiet and builds to the set level.

2. The second screen in diagnostic mode (see below) is blank. When a button is pressed like "VOL +" the display shows the name of the button engaged "Voulme Up" instead of the two lines of 1's and 0's.

3. The third screen shows Tuner location and said "North America" not "USA" as stated below.
Vision-Rider Spocks' instructions are listed below for determining the Software and Hardware versions running on your Vision's communication equipment.

You can find this info out by going into the Radio System Diagnostic menu on your radio. To do this, follow the instructions below.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC and turn the radio off (Victory Motorcycles is shown on display)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Turn ignition switch back to ACC.
4. PRESS & HOLD the #1 preset button and MODE button while turning the radio power ON.
5. The diagnostics mode is entered. Press MODE to toggle through the diagnostic funtions. To exit diagnostics press Power button.

NOTE: A "Watchdog Error Cleared" message will occasionally appear as the first thing displayed. This can be ignored, it is an internal software notification.

6. The first screen shows the radio software (SW) & hardware (HW) revision.

7. The second screen is used to check buttons and button wiring circuts related to the radio / com. system. The display contains two lines of "Zeros". Each location corresponds to a radio button on the radio, handlebar switches, or passenger switches. A (0) represents a button not being pressed. A one (1) represents a button being pressed. If a "1" appears at an address in the upper or lower row of the radio display the button and circuit wiring are funtioning correctly.

8. The third screen shows Tuner location, which will always be set to USA.

9. The forth screen list the status of the radio amplifier.

10. The fifth screen displays vehicle speed. This can be used to test if the radio is receiving the vehicle speed CAN message from the PCM. It could also be used to test for a faulty CAN bus connection to the radio. If the speedometer is working but the radio is showing zero speed, it has no CAN connection.

11. If there are no accessories installed on the vehicle, the display will go back to the first screen. If accessories are installed, there are additional diagnostics screens for each accessory, showing the SW & HW revisions, etc.

See what version you are running and have the dealer update it if you are having issues.

Ride Safe!

Edited by radioteacher 2009-04-18 10:46 AM
rwilly
Posted 2009-04-18 11:00 AM (#32525 - in reply to #32511)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Thanks.
cw1115
Posted 2009-04-18 1:15 PM (#32530 - in reply to #32482)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Great info. Thanks.
wseemann
Posted 2009-04-25 6:20 PM (#33081 - in reply to #32482)

Cruiser

Boydsville, AR United States
My service tech told me that all accessorys, xm, cb, etc, must have been flased to the same software version. When he did mine, all issue went away.
radioteacher
Posted 2009-04-25 6:32 PM (#33082 - in reply to #32482)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
wseemann,

What version of code are you running?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread