You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Yet another question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

MRG
Posted 2007-12-16 10:26 AM (#3072)
Subject: Yet another question

Cruiser

Can anyone with the NAV tell me if the unit is bluetooth capable? I would like to run my phone through it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MRG
Posted 2007-12-16 10:29 AM (#3073 - in reply to #3072)
Subject: RE: Yet another question

Cruiser

Sorry guys. I found the answer.
badnvegas
Posted 2007-12-16 2:43 PM (#3078 - in reply to #3072)
Subject: Re: Yet another question

Cruiser

Colorado
Ahh for those that might not know or are browsing the brand and bike...what is the answer?
Spock
Posted 2007-12-16 5:45 PM (#3082 - in reply to #3078)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
The Garmin 2720 which is the model that Victory is shipping as an accessory for the Vision is not Bluetooth capable. You have to go with the Garmin 2820 or the Zumo 550 to get Bluetooth. We are hoping that Victory will get on the ball and support the 2820 and Zumo 550 soon.

Craig
Midnight Cherry Tour Premium on order

badnvegas - 2007-12-16 1:43 PM

Ahh for those that might not know or are browsing the brand and bike...what is the answer?
RotoryMike
Posted 2007-12-17 9:01 PM (#3200 - in reply to #3072)

Puddle Jumper

While it's not Bluetooth - check out the Garmin nuvi 200 it's only around 3/4" thick and it will mount right on the console above the radio with Velcro - It can lay flat so it's not intrusive. It has a built in battery so you don't need to have wires flopping around. I'm getting 4-5 hours on the battery. To charge it up just plug it in a 12 v source at night or you can hard wire it. I like using the batteries andI switch it from bike to bike.

The best part is I've seen it advertised for $199- $249 - it has everything you'll need for a Nav on a bike and it's touch screen and has a display you can see in full sunlight.

Edited by RotoryMike 2007-12-17 9:03 PM
FlyinAce
Posted 2007-12-17 10:15 PM (#3203 - in reply to #3072)

Puddle Jumper

Friendswood, TX
I was wondering if anyone has mounted a Zumo 550 yet to their Vision. If so the handle bar mounts do not look like they will fit the wider bars. Maybe a chrome fixed Ram- Ball Mount for the console above the radio, I don't really want to drill into the console to secure it but it will look nicer once mounted... any ideas, suggestions..
Mudge
Posted 2007-12-17 10:58 PM (#3205 - in reply to #3203)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Ace, there's several of us looking to get the Zumo 550 onto the Vision. There's a thread over at TheVMC.com going on about it in the Vision forum. Best case; Victory comes out with the program-
ing upgrade necessary for running the the voice directions over the speakers and adapter for the GPS mount. I would think that a RAM base would fit on the Victory GPS mount base, but it would end up putting the Zumo pretty high up from the dash. Some, me included, would like to see it up on the handlebars. Don't know if the issue RAM mount will fit the bars with a longer U-bolt or if one that will accomodate the wider bar also will be neccessary. I'm pretty sure the stock U-bolt is going to be too short. I have the Zumo on my Kingpin, but don't have the Vision yet. When I can I'll try to find a solution. One of the folks on the VMC forum posted a link to a place the offers the RAM mount ball base that goes on with a hose clamp over a rubber bushing that certainly would work, but doesn't look too cool. I wouldn't be too concerned, with all the people interested, someone will find a solution and share it sooner or later. Gotta love this forum.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-18 7:57 AM (#3208 - in reply to #3203)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
FlyinAce - 2007-12-17 5:15 PM

I was wondering if anyone has mounted a Zumo 550 yet to their Vision. If so the handle bar mounts do not look like they will fit the wider bars. Maybe a chrome fixed Ram- Ball Mount for the console above the radio, I don't really want to drill into the console to secure it but it will look nicer once mounted... any ideas, suggestions..

I really did not look at the Victory GPS mount on the console when I test rode one with GPS, but I'm thinking you have to mount it by drilling holes in the console. Maybe someone knows for sure.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-12-18 9:51 AM (#3209 - in reply to #3208)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
sjavera used a ram mount in the same spot as Victory mounts their gps. With that, you can mount your Zumo easily. I'll ask him to give his input.

Spock
Posted 2007-12-18 8:00 PM (#3245 - in reply to #3208)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
The console comes off and on the underside of the console there are some premarked - center punched marks to drill for the GPS mount.

The mount Victory sells for their Garmin 2720 GPS needs to be about 2 inches taller to work with the Zumo 550. I have been told Victory will offer a mount for the Zumo 550 and support it the coming months. I have heard others have used the current Victory mount as a template just making it a little taller to get a working Zumo 550 mount on the console.

My dealer does full fabrication so I am going to have them make me a braket when my Vision gets in.

Craig
Midnight Cherry Tour Premium on order

VisionTex - 2007-12-18 6:57 AM

FlyinAce - 2007-12-17 5:15 PM

I really did not look at the Victory GPS mount on the console when I test rode one with GPS, but I'm thinking you have to mount it by drilling holes in the console. Maybe someone knows for sure.
sjavera
Posted 2007-12-19 10:03 AM (#3275 - in reply to #3072)

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
The RAM mount ball base will fit the Victory GPS mount. You will have a couple of holes showing but I would make some type of block off plate to clean it up a bit. Once the ball is on the mount, just about anything can be mounted. If you can find a really short arm, then the GPS would be at a good height.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™