You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

HOT bags
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

oakmountain
Posted 2009-04-29 6:03 AM (#33392)
Subject: HOT bags

Puddle Jumper

Hi to all,
New Vision rider here, and LOVIN the new ride . I purchased her in Raleigh NC in Dec while visitinng relatives and just rode her home to NJ at the Easter holiday. 9 non-stop hrs with nothing but one stop for gas, smiled all the way home.
Heres my question , we just went through a heat wave for the past couple days here in NJ 90+ and I noticed when removing some material from the side bags it was actually VERY warm as was the bottom of the sidebag. Has anybody got a remedy to reduce or eliminate this issue? Thanks for the input
Top of the page Bottom of the page
buddahead
Posted 2009-04-30 11:42 PM (#33544 - in reply to #33392)
Subject: Re: HOT bags

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
Put heat sensitive items in the left bag. Pack your bags with any heat sensitive items near the top, away from the bottoms.

Heat is caused by many things. The exhaust, when moving will heat up the R bag. Apparently the hottest point is near the collector where the 2 pipes converge. When you stop moving, the mufflers will radiate heat upwards, especially the stock cans (lots of metal to hold heat), my Ness pipes do not radiate much heat when stopped. Some engine heat flows over the bags, due to good aerodynamics and air channeling over the engine fins, again, mostly on the R side.

I rode in 114 degree heat on my Vision, and had nothing in my bags that would be heat damaged, just in case. I suppose you could get one of those thermal bags to put your stuff into, if it matters.
VaParadox
Posted 2009-05-03 11:01 AM (#33690 - in reply to #33392)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
man, last weekend i rode down to the outter banks beach bike week and my bag was hot as hell, then i realized my heated seat was on high. oh wait, sorry you meant saddle bags nevermind...
VisionNWRider
Posted 2009-05-03 11:37 AM (#33695 - in reply to #33392)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
Only My Bud VaParadox would make a funny statment like that. I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor while reading his reply from laughing.. You kill me brother.
sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-05-03 6:40 PM (#33723 - in reply to #33392)

Tourer

, IA
i just put the ice cream in tupperwear and then in a plastic bag lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™