You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

brake pads and noise
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

RedRider
Posted 2009-04-30 5:02 AM (#33470)
Subject: brake pads and noise

Visionary

I replaced all my brake pads with the ones from EBC. All sorts of noises disappeared. Even the scraping sound that I long thought was the belt. I can't get over how quiet my Vision is now. Hopefully it will remain this way after the "bedding in" period. This is the BEST investment I have made in my Vic to date.
The pads are super easy to replace. My only concern is I did not remove the rear caliper and clean like I did the fronts. I am sure there is hardened brake dust there like the fronts. After the bed in period I will see/hear how they are. EBC says the bed in period is 250 miles.
I will add to this post when I get past the bed in period.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JSP
Posted 2009-04-30 8:49 AM (#33486 - in reply to #33470)
Subject: Re: brake pads and noise

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
What material pads did you use?
I installed the HH sintered iron pads on the front, They worked real well almost like I added another caliper to the fronts. The one drawback that I did encounter was I could hear the holes in the rotors as a whiring sound all the time.
I eventually installed a new set of factory pads and all is back to normal. I miss the great braking that I had with the EBC's.
I plan on modifying the EBC to match the factory pads groves to see if that helps.
RedRider
Posted 2009-04-30 12:31 PM (#33498 - in reply to #33470)

Visionary

Sintered HH
FA261 and FA196
Teach
Posted 2009-04-30 8:48 PM (#33524 - in reply to #33470)

Visionary

JSP, I haven't changed mine out yet BUT an old trick I have used is to cut two additional lines (besides the one normally in the center) in the pad. It allows more air escape which eliminates the noise but won't reduce braking or cause premature wearout. Hope this helps. Oh and some pads don't have a center line cut so I've cut two lines dividing the pad into three's.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™