You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

contemplating vision, performane questions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

wroman
Posted 2009-04-30 9:16 AM (#33487)
Subject: contemplating vision, performane questions

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
Just rode a Vision for the second time yesterday. This time with the wife. Had to tell her "just riding" not buying! She said I know how that goes. She likes the bike and, well, I will own a Vision sooner or later. The only bike I felt better riding two up than one up. This bike is amazing.

My question concirns performance enhancements and exhaust in particular. Is anybody running stock mufflers with the Lloyds intake plate? What about the LLoyds fuel controller with stock pipes?
Do the stock pipes squash performance enough to lower fuel milage?
Thanks,
Walt
Top of the page Bottom of the page
amessen
Posted 2009-04-30 10:17 AM (#33489 - in reply to #33487)
Subject: Re: contemplating vision, performane questions

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I have done no mods to the bike and use the stock pipes. I am 6'10" tall and weigh 400 lbs my wife rides with me and she is 5'2" and about 130 LBS. We have never had any preformance issues and the bike will run away for the two Ultra's I ride with that are also stock. On a trip or two we have taken we get 40 to 45 MPG and I can hear my wife and the radio set on 7 at 75 MPH. I think the bike comes with great power stock. If you need more power or more noise that is a personal choice. I love mine just the way it is. Archie
kevinx
Posted 2009-04-30 5:43 PM (#33506 - in reply to #33487)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
With stock pipes it would be pointless to add an intake plate, or fuel controller. Just adding the Vic performance filter would give you more then enough air for optimum performance. When adding pipes a intake plate does make a huge difference.
Chico7z
Posted 2009-04-30 5:55 PM (#33507 - in reply to #33506)

Cruiser

Barrington, NH
kevinx - 2009-04-30 5:43 PM

With stock pipes it would be pointless to add an intake plate, or fuel controller. Just adding the Vic performance filter would give you more then enough air for optimum performance. When adding pipes a intake plate does make a huge difference.

TRUE. I have run my bike at New England Dragway with and without the intake plate. It ran 13.24@98mph both times. The weather was about the same both times as well. I have the stock exhaust on mine but I got my Honkers in today!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™