You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

coachwes
Posted 2009-04-30 6:02 PM (#33508)
Subject: CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION

Puddle Jumper

savannah ga
HI Group i have about 9000 miles on my vision and i noticed my clutch seams to releace at the last bit of travel on the clutch lever . It dont slip but I was wondering if ther is a adjustment and if any body knows how to adjust it . Thanks for the help .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kevinx
Posted 2009-04-30 6:09 PM (#33509 - in reply to #33508)
Subject: RE: CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
There is no adjustment in the basket, or at the lever. Vic's clutch take up is always close to the end of the travel
Teach
Posted 2009-04-30 8:29 PM (#33521 - in reply to #33508)
Subject: Re: CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION

Visionary

coach, yep the clutch reminds me of the one on my old Suzuki but as stated has no adjustment. I ride a Kingpin when my bikes in the shop and it has a mechanical/cable style clutch. I'm considering replacing the hydro clutch with one off the Kingpin when I next do some serious work on it. I really like the feel the Kingpin's clutch offers. Shouldn't take much to make the swap but I need to ahve a serious look before commiting to it.
dwhite28
Posted 2009-04-30 10:49 PM (#33535 - in reply to #33508)
Subject: Re: CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
You may want to take a moment and bleed the clutch. There may be a little bit of air caught. Some bubbles could have been trapped in the line and have finally worked their way to the piston. You will probably have to have Barnett or someone make a clutch cable for you if you are truly serious about wanting to go back to cable. I can not see anyway a Standar Victory clutch cable would work on the Vision.
coachwes
Posted 2009-05-01 9:32 AM (#33568 - in reply to #33508)
Subject: RE: CLUCH ADJUSTMENT QUESTION

Puddle Jumper

savannah ga
It sucks to hear theres no clutch adjustment . That means it might just let go at any time .See with a adjustment you can see the wear as you adjust it more and more the its gone but if it adjusts it self you cant tell how much is left on it. Well i hope they get great milage on them . I never wore the cluch out on mt GW and i put 76000 miles on it befor i sold it . Lets hope the vision is as good . Thanks guys for the responce .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™