You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

FYI -- Only Victory headset compatible
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

excelboy10
Posted 2007-12-18 9:59 PM (#3256)
Subject: FYI -- Only Victory headset compatible

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I got a call a couple of weeks ago from someone doing a customer satisfaction survey for Victory on new Vision owners. I gave them the lowdown on my likes and dislikes. I mentioned the fit and finish problem, the dimple on the saddle bag and my problem with the CB/Intercom system.
Today, I received a call from an electrical engineer with Victory, Kevin Nalson. He wanted to review the problem I'm experiencing and try to get it resolved. He's sending me schematics with test points to check for continuity. He believes it's a wiring harness problem and these checks should narrow it down. I'm glad to do the check out myself.
I mentioned early on that I'm using my 06 HD headset and he said that it was definitely not compatible. I did go to my local Victory dealer and test one of his headsets on the bike and I still had the problem of no audio in the left ear piece. So I went back today and bought two new headsets and I await the diagrams so I can finally get this figured out.
I made sure he understood the lack of dealer knowledge regarding these headsets. The dealer I bought it from said since the audio cord fit it should be compatible but he didn't know. The local dealer had no clue either.
None of this takes away from the fact that I flat LOVE my bike.
Cheers!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TimS
Posted 2007-12-18 10:08 PM (#3257 - in reply to #3256)
Subject: RE: FYI -- Only Victory headset compatible

Iron Butt

Max,

I bought 2 of the Victory headsets. One works great and one has static when the IPOD or CB is active. I called my dealer today and he told me to come in and swap it out. The bad headset misbehaves on both the driver and passenger ports. The good headset works on both the driver and passenger ports so I am certain it is the headset and not the wiring in the bike.

If you get the pin-outs, please post them.

Sincerely,
Tim
jama
Posted 2007-12-19 1:06 AM (#3264 - in reply to #3256)
Subject: Re: FYI -- Only Victory headset compatible

Cruiser

Arkansas
I talked with J&M today(Charlie). They have a Vision and have figured out the pin outs. The HD is not compatible even though it does fit. It requires the JM-HC-JVT lower cord and STD. Aeromike III. Not the "high output" mic that HD needs. The high output mic will function but will be too sensitive to wind noise etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™