You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Belt Pulley Coating
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2009-05-02 8:24 AM (#33642)
Subject: Belt Pulley Coating

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
There has been a lot of discussion about the belt pulley coating causing the "chirpping" of the belt. I can't get my belt to stop making noise , loose new setting, right side, left side, center, unless it is over tight. I know see some folks are getting the belt pulley replaced. Here is a picture of mine, looks like the coating is failed. I'll have to try and get on under warranty, that will be a struggle with the dealers here!

(080.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 080.JPG (53KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2009-05-02 8:43 AM (#33643 - in reply to #33642)
Subject: RE: Belt Pulley Coating

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

VisionTex - 2009-05-02 8:24 AM There has been a lot of discussion about the belt pulley coating causing the "chirpping" of the belt. I can't get my belt to stop making noise , loose new setting, right side, left side, center, unless it is over tight. I know see some folks are getting the belt pulley replaced. Here is a picture of mine, looks like the coating is failed. I'll have to try and get on under warranty, that will be a struggle with the dealers here!

I need to come out and ride your bike to see what you are talking about VT. I have all the chipping and I'm getting ready to go over my bike here in a few minutes. Mine has NOT made any noise since I've gone to a looser setting. It seems when it was tight it growled and chirped, loose, it has all gone away. Now, the dealer did the last adjustment and with it loose it doesn't seem it needs adjusting. I've got the tool and I'll check it also then. I have 40K on the bike and belt, and pulley, so I'm at the due mark. I'm thinking aroun 45K when I do the tires.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™