You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

S1L1 issue after install.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Member No. 1
Posted 2009-05-05 6:20 PM (#33888 - in reply to #33886)
Subject: Re: S1L1 issue after install.

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Arkainzeye - 2009-05-05 7:09 PM

with your stock air filter i think your NOT letting in more air.. more air is the reason i "think" it is running lean... but here is my 2cents.. i didnt spend all that money to NOT use every part of the package i paid for.. that air filter is $60 alone! not even counting the map you paid for as part of the package.. So unless your using all parts of the package you really cant say the s1l1 is not popping

Yes you are probably right about the air cleaner. I also see you stated your gas milage was close to 50, am I correct? If so than it sure does look like you are running lean, as most get mpg's in the low forties. I not saying you shouldn't use all the pieces that you paid for, but if it was me, I'd try changing the air filter back to stock, and looking at the exhaust for a possible leak. Either of these might just work until you can get this sorted out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
eagle
Posted 2009-05-05 8:08 PM (#33894 - in reply to #33810)

Cruiser

Columbus, Ga
As stated earlier i have very simular problems except my mileage is low 40's
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-05-05 8:21 PM (#33896 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
the highest gas mileage i gotten was 51, on average NOW after the s1l1 its 47.. before the s1l1 it was 41-42
VisionNWRider
Posted 2009-05-05 9:42 PM (#33902 - in reply to #33810)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
I to have the same issue on my 08 premium. No problems stock but once I added the S1/L1 I too have pooping now but it only happens when i upshift accelerate never when down shifting. I also get once in a blue moon a loud pop out of my intake area. It usaully happens when traveling real slow and i try to gun it. Still scratching my head on this as well.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-05-06 5:50 PM (#33962 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yeah my dealer said thats all what a lean condition does. it was funny.. my vision with the s1l1 pipes were fine UNTIL they installed the new replacement air filter and then mapped the bike.. im guessing its the air filter letting the bike breathe better and the fuel injection map NOT giving it enough fuel.. ? like i said.. IT WAS FINE BEFORE THE AIR FILTER AND MAP....
cjnoho
Posted 2009-05-06 8:05 PM (#33972 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

So Cal
I'm curious if the problem is right after install or after some miles. Todays computers are able to compensate for diffrent condittions but have to ridden for a while.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-05-06 8:07 PM (#33973 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i have about 500 miles on the bike since the install of the air filter and the map.
Banjo
Posted 2009-05-06 8:31 PM (#33975 - in reply to #33810)
Subject: RE: S1L1 issue after install.

Tourer

Sorry to hear about your problem.........hope they fix it. The only thing that was keeping me from doing stage 1 was the price............I'm staying stock.
cjnoho
Posted 2009-05-08 9:02 PM (#34087 - in reply to #33973)

Visionary

So Cal
Arkainzeye - 2009-05-06 5:07 PM

i have about 500 miles on the bike since the install of the air filter and the map.

There are definatly other issues here. Maybe the map they downloaded was faulty? As soon as I find the time and money, I'm going to try the EFI 2000 from Cobra. Since I have no plans for major motor work, It sounds like a good compromize at the right price.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-05-10 10:59 AM (#34202 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
oh i forgot about the cobra unit? it is a plug in device... hmmm.. im going to have to look into it and compare prices.. then think about the tech support.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-05-10 12:38 PM (#34217 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i went onto COBRAS website and they have nothing at all listed for the victorys... is there a part number for that cobra fuel management unit... just curious to see the price.
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-09-07 9:28 PM (#68928 - in reply to #33887)

Visionary

Guys if you want a fuel management system go to run to terry components he has a true fuel system that programs its self as you ride.
Ask for keith and tell him john frey told you about the system. He doesn't have it on his web page yet but he has the best one on the market. Better then llioyds and ness's
Webhair
Posted 2010-09-08 7:18 AM (#68937 - in reply to #33810)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Ok - that is a nice claim but what is it? Without details it is useless.

One of the best true close loop systems is the DynoJet PC-V with the Auto Tune setup.
Second would be the VFC-III as it has been programmed specifically for the Victorys.

Edited by Webhair 2010-09-08 7:20 AM
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-09-08 8:36 PM (#68999 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

You can read about terry components normal system on his web page. I am five others I now have used it on there harleys. From built 100 horse motors to stock. Dynojet is a ok system but in the past they have been just ok not great. I will spend my money on the terry and if he wasn't around I would do the dynojet but the rest I wouldn't spend a dime on them. He might be the guy thats making lloyds
Webhair
Posted 2010-09-09 7:33 AM (#69033 - in reply to #33810)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I did find the website and read about it. Now if he would advertise something for other then Harley... But then again - I understand the bread and butter thing.

wroman
Posted 2010-09-09 8:49 AM (#69037 - in reply to #33810)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
Read Lloyds blog on popping.
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-09-11 8:10 PM (#69228 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

Here I am with my 2 cents worth. I drill out my stock pipes with a hole saw. Now it pops going up ward in the gears. I think thats cause it has been opened up and now leaned out. I put on S1L1 and the pooping is still there. Cause I am chap I haven't changed the air cleaner.
I think your way to lean I don't remember if you said how much your mileage changed. If you know where your throttle body's are you can spray WD 40 up there and if you here the motor raise up or will say idle faster then yes you have a leak. I think from what every one says here that polaris has a horse shit map. Why not contact Lloyd's and see what they say. As for your staling when leaving a light that more then likely is the lack of fuel. If you were getting to much fuel it would bog down on you and when you nailed it there would be a big puff of back smoke.
If you have to go to a fuel tuner power commander and terry components are the only ones that have a plug in system and it adjusts the fuel every minuet your ride for the optional performance. Don't mess with that screw driver ones.
wroman
Posted 2010-09-11 8:23 PM (#69231 - in reply to #33810)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
I rode up to see LLoyd last Tuesday. Wanted to have a few minutes to cover some things I have been working on. He made space to spin my bike and set the VFC. He mentioned two things I have not heard mentioned. He showed me how to drain water from the the air box and he also mentioned the MAP sensor as a possible culprit to some ill running bikes. He seemed hesitant to indicate the problem is widespread but he pulled mine and cleaned it with contact cleaner and the bike ran a little smoother. I used K&N oil on the foam on Lloyds intake plate and thought about it later when I remembered how some GoldWings would react to oily MAP sensors.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-09-11 8:55 PM (#69234 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
wroman,

So how do you drain the water from the airbox?
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-09-11 9:32 PM (#69238 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

You get on the floor and just above the bat is a red plug pull it off. The only way I see water getting in is rain washing or going from hot to cold. Like the guys who start there bike in the middle of winter. NO don't be it unless your going to run it for a hour. Condensation forms in side the motor. I was thinking of putting a filter on mine and then thought not good it will get all wet and do nothing then.
nightvision
Posted 2010-09-11 10:46 PM (#69244 - in reply to #33866)

Cruiser

dinwiddie, va

Edited by nightvision 2010-09-11 11:01 PM
8-ball
Posted 2010-10-04 11:58 PM (#71008 - in reply to #33810)
Subject: RE: POPPING DURING UPSHIFT AND DOWNSHIFT

Tourer

Green Bay, WI United States
"MAP" SENSORS ARE NOT GOOD WITH ANY STAGE CHANGE OR WITH OIL CONTAMINATION AND IF YOU MODIFY YOUR VICTORY BY ADDING A STAGE 1/LEVEL 1 KIT WITH THE OILED KN FILTER ALONG WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NO CLUE ABOUT A PROPER RE-FLASH OR BEFORE/AFTER WITH THIS NEW EQUIPMENT, HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.. CONTACT LLOYDZ FOR THE LATEST GREATETST EXHAUST GASKETS THAT ENDED ALL MY MISFIRE/BACKFIRE CHALLENGES AND ALSO MADE MY 03 TC A FRIEND TO TUNE (THANKS TO HIS FUEL CONTROLLER). THIS BIKE RAN SO GOOD AT TOMAHAWK DURING THE PARADE IT GOT SIDEWAYS AT ANY SPEED AND DID NOT BURP, BELCH, FART, OR BACKFIRE, IT JUST RAN SO GOOD AND I HAD ALREADY DE-TUNED IT FOR THE PARADE. STILL WAS A HOT ROD!! SORRY THIS SITE IS FOR VISIONS WHICH I JUST BOUGHT ONE BUT THE CHEMISTRY FOR ALL THE VICTORY ENGINES IS ABOUT THE SAME. MY GUTS TELL ME THAT SOME, NOT ALL OF THE BACKFIRE PROBLEMS ARE GASKET/LEAK RELATED. THIS INFO IS NOT NEW JUST BEING REINFORCED BY THE REPLACEMENT WITH LLOYD'S EXHAUST GASKETS. SEE LLOYD WHEN YOU VIC IS NOT RUNNING RIGHT, HE IS HARD ON HORSEPOWER!!!!
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-10-05 10:39 AM (#71037 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

I don't think a dealer can flash your ECM back to stock. ASK them if they can. Every thing I read about these up date and performance exhaust makes me think the ECM in our bikes is not a good one. I think the ECM is junk and not made to handle up grades. In my mind the ECM controls all the fuel and RPM curves. I have the stage 1 exhaust and here and the it pops when I go up threw the gears and then there are times it doesn't. I have spread WD40 up around the the fuel injection body's and no RPM incresae.
I wrote lloydz and ask them if I was to do a fuel control could I use a power commander V for my 08 and hes said yes. The reason for the power commander V is it self adjusts as you ride.
Its pretty lam of victory to treat us this way and from I can read and see the dealers don't really have our best interests or they could put there
foot down and get victory to help us.
What we have to do is start writing the National Highway Traffic Safety and tell them of our loss of power. I don't think they will care about the popping but if we tell them we are loosing power when entering traffic maybe they will talk to polaris. I mean they are the ones that made Toyota do there recall. So Write them. I did
XRsteve
Posted 2010-10-05 12:08 PM (#71045 - in reply to #71037)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I wouldn't write the NHTS and tell them about replacing stock exhaust systems, that would open up another can of worms none of wants to look at !!!
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-10-05 4:23 PM (#71064 - in reply to #33810)

Visionary

HEY what year bike?????????????????????????????????????????? WHAT model????????????????????????????????????????????????
YOU and OTHERS never say what you have just that you want help. SHAME on you if you don't get the right answers.
Now if you have a 08 vision they have a special down load.
So what do you have????????????????????????????????????????????????/
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™