You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Thermometer readings
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Bearcat
Posted 2007-12-26 11:25 PM (#3448)
Subject: Thermometer readings

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
Okay, has anybody out there been out in the cold (as in less than 32 degrees)? I've left my house when the temps were in the mid 20s, the temp guage on my MCTP has some real issues. When I pull out of the garage and start the bike it shows whatever the last temp reading was. Then as I ride to work it slowly starts to go lower until it reads 31 degrees, then the next time I glance down it reads -9F degrees!!!!!! One morning it stayed at -9 until I got to work (7miles) this morning it got down to 31, then went straight to -9 and slowing started moving up until it made its way to -0F and I was in the parking lot. It seems fairly close when the temps are above 32F. Not a big deal granted, but I was wondering if I'm the only one seeing this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jama
Posted 2007-12-27 1:02 AM (#3449 - in reply to #3448)
Subject: Re: Thermometer readings

Cruiser

Arkansas
I have been out in 29 - 34 deg for 150 miles a few days ago and my display was always within 1 degree of forcast and/or the local bank thermos. You must have a bad sensor.
Joe H
Posted 2007-12-27 6:00 AM (#3451 - in reply to #3448)

Cruiser

Eyota, MN
Yep, I think mine is goofy too. One morning it was about 7 degrees out but my bike showed it was -9 and yes it seems to mess up when it is below around 31 degrees.
Visioneer
Posted 2007-12-27 6:11 AM (#3452 - in reply to #3448)

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
I noticed mine at -6 one day when I started it just to let it run for a while since it's in storage. The actual temperature was about 21F and 21 F = -6 C. I thought maybe it changed to Celsius when below 32 F for some reason but then I noticed it still indicated "F".
varyder
Posted 2007-12-27 11:06 PM (#3474 - in reply to #3448)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Mine does the same thing. You would think a bike made where the temp gets down to the minus level they would have got that right. Thankfully, the ride is still the best...
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-29 8:34 AM (#3515 - in reply to #3448)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
happens to me also. anything below 32, "while running" it will go to -9. I thought maybe it was some how doing a reading for wind chill. Once stopped, it will cycle thru and go to the accual temp. Since I really don't want to know how cold it is if it's below 32, I can live with it. I will say, I'm always toasty with the warmers on at the low temps. Maybe it's calibrated for those Canucks? They like to start at -9
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™