You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision backrest
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Kmort
Posted 2007-12-28 4:38 PM (#3487)
Subject: Vision backrest

New user

First message timed out - so here is a re-send. My wife and I recently stopped by our local Vistory dealer in the Dallas area and checked out both the Tour and Street. As a Glodwing and HD owner I must admit the Vision is one great looking bike. We could not test ride any as they had just arrived at the dealer (will leave it for a warmer day). My wife is very interested in both the Vision street and Tour Premium but will have to test ride to see how comfortable she is with the extra weight of the trunk. The vision will most likley win over the Goldwing as the large floor boards will allow her to drive with her feet in a forward position and have room to move her legs to flex her knees (unlike my Goldwing's tucked under position or one position on the highway pegs). However, with no current risers on the market she has to move forward in the seat and this leaves a small gap of a couple of inches between her back and the back of the seat - not allow her to rest her back. Does anyone know if of a company that is planning on making a backrest for the Vision Tour - if we can solve this issue then she will be heading to the dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spock
Posted 2007-12-28 6:00 PM (#3490 - in reply to #3487)
Subject: RE: Vision backrest

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
Victory is coming out with a back rest and there are some pictures of it on this link.
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/Reviews/2008_Victory_Vision_Tour_a...
Look at the 6th and 5th row of pictures up from the bottom of page of this link. I am sure you will see others making backrests also.

BTW Rick Fairless's Strokers on Harry Hines is now a Victory dealer and should have several Visions in including mine within 2 or 3 weeks. Check them out and ask for Frank or Dave. They are going to be doing a lot of cool customizing on the Vision as they build a lot of custom bikes and have a full fabrication facility.

-------------------------
Craig
2008 Vision Tour Premium on order
Kmort
Posted 2007-12-28 7:17 PM (#3495 - in reply to #3487)
Subject: RE: Vision backrest

New user

Thanks Bar Hopper for the info on the backrest - Looks like we will be heading to a dealer real soon and possibly adding another horse to the barn!!! Will have to check out Strokers as well. The dealer in Arlington has (had) about 5 or 6 in stock (just arrived) last week. Did notice about 1/2 on the floor had gaps in the saddlebag lids (on one side or another) but I am sure it was a case of adjusting the hinges or the latching tabs....they were getting them on the floor as fast as they could un-crate them. Enjoy your vision - Spring will be here real soon.

K.Mort
metalguy
Posted 2007-12-29 2:58 PM (#3551 - in reply to #3487)
Subject: Re: Vision backrest

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Another thing that may help her is to adjust the foot controls to the rearmost position. They are adustable fore and aft, and are set at the factory to the middle position. ust my two cents.....-----Metalguy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™