You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

got some confusion as to what comes with bike as standard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

babyboov92c
Posted 2007-12-29 5:09 PM (#3557)
Subject: got some confusion as to what comes with bike as standard

Puddle Jumper

I ve been watching this site for some time now,tring to learn as much as i can be for i buy a Vision.I finaly got to ride one today and was very impressed.My dealer didnt have enough info as to what comes standard on each model.Can some one point me in the rite direction.He only had one Vision at his shop and didnt have up to date pricing.I just want to make sure i get the rite bang for the buck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-29 5:29 PM (#3558 - in reply to #3557)
Subject: Re: got some confusion as to what comes with bike as standard

Visionary

So Cal
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/Vision/Experience/
try this link
babyboov92c
Posted 2007-12-29 6:10 PM (#3559 - in reply to #3557)

Puddle Jumper

Ive look there .I almost need a side by side to compair.Like whats included in the crome package & so on.
devilboy
Posted 2007-12-29 6:29 PM (#3560 - in reply to #3557)

Cruiser

Central Florida
Just buy the premium version. It is a LOT cheaper to buy it installed rather than piece by piece. Premium has chrome switch cubes
chrome handle bars,chrome front tipover,chrome floor boards, chrome brake lever,chrome shift lever, those pieces are 1700 plus labor to install. Buy it from factory it is 1500 installed... Hope that helps... It may not be exact but it is close to accurate.
Marc
babyboov92c
Posted 2007-12-29 8:54 PM (#3563 - in reply to #3557)

Puddle Jumper

I agree it may be cheaper . But if its only chrome is worth the money or one more thing to Polish .I have already have plans to color match the silver in sett's. I'm still not sure there's enough difference between the comfort and the premium to justify the money.Thank Marc.
devilboy
Posted 2007-12-29 9:27 PM (#3564 - in reply to #3557)

Cruiser

Central Florida
There is a MAJOR difference between the look of comfort and premium. My Premium (steel grey) is going in to conquest customs In Boca Raton for an upgrade. ALL the brushed aluminum is going to be painted a shiny wet look black. all the other parts, wheels, pulleys and front fork will be powder coated black. I may or may not black out the red turn signals etc depending on how it looks. each color bike will look better with a different treatment. I think the black needs to have the aluminum done in chrome. not sure about the burgandy.
The biggest difference is in the handlebars. They are powdercoated greyish on the comfort and the chrome looks awesome on all three colors. It is really personal preference.
ANY way you buy the Vision is good! I am at 5500 miles since sept 27th and enjoying every mile..
Ride safe and happy new year.
If you havent checked out VMC website it is awesome... http://www.thevmc.com/start.html
Spock
Posted 2007-12-29 9:49 PM (#3566 - in reply to #3563)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX
The tour premium has the following options that the Tour Comfort does not:

- HID Headlight – $499.99
- Illuminated Side Victory Badges - $199.99
- Chrome Switch Housings - $349.99
- Chrome Handlebars - $499.99
- Chrome Front Tip Over Points - $199.99
- Chrome Floorboards Driver Front - $229.99
- Chrome Floorboards Passenger Rear - $199.99
- Chrome Brake Lever - $99.99
- Chrome Shift Lever - $129.99

These options total $2,409.91 plus they are all installed which probably saves you 8 hours or so in labor which would be another $500 to $600. For the $1,000 more the premium tour costs you over the comfort tour this is a bargain.

The HID headlight is a must have in my opinion and the illuminated side badges are really nice looking. The Chrome handlebars not only look great but the chrome is much more durable than the painted surface of the standard handlebars. Some people with the comfort tour models have complained that the paint on the standard handlebars are chipping and peeling already. The other Chrome pieces really add to the looks of the bike.

Another point I would think about is resell value. The premium tour will hold a better resale value due to its much higher demand and the additional value you get with all the accessories.
------------------------
Craig
2008 Vision Tour Premium on order (Midnight Cherry)
babyboov92c
Posted 2007-12-29 11:44 PM (#3573 - in reply to #3557)

Puddle Jumper

Thank you both.Where I got screwed up was I talked to two different dealer one said I was looking at a comfort the other said a premium They were the same bike .Now it seem they were both the premium.And more than likely ill choose the premium.

kuldaddy
Posted 2007-12-30 12:17 AM (#3578 - in reply to #3557)
Subject: RE: got some confusion as to what comes with bike as standard

New user

Magnolia, TX
Actually if you go to this link...

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/Vision/Models/

and just click the buttons for the different models it will change the list of features right there on the screen.
Visioneer
Posted 2007-12-30 6:17 AM (#3581 - in reply to #3557)

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
My "Tour Comfort" (Victory says it's the 2nd one sold in the world) came with the HID light and the lighted badges at no extra charge. I've read where other buyers have said their's came with these options also. If they continue selling them this way it makes the decision tougher when quantifying dollars. I still would have preferred the Premium but didn't want to wait till next year.
babyboov92c
Posted 2007-12-30 8:30 AM (#3590 - in reply to #3557)

Puddle Jumper

I know the one dealer told me his bike was a comfort but it had the chrome handle bars ,chrome tip over,and the HID light .I didn't pay any attention if it had the rest of the chrome. So you can see why I'm asking.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-30 1:54 PM (#3601 - in reply to #3557)

Visionary

So Cal
A few extra chome pieces and the HID separates the comfort from the premium. The lighted Victory badges are a nice touch also. All of the brushed silver pieces are the same. They are available in chrome as accessories.
Miles
Posted 2007-12-30 2:21 PM (#3607 - in reply to #3557)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
JMHO Being a bit AR that I am... the best "bang for buck" seems to be the Premium, and if you don't like certain parts, or are going to paint some of the chrome ones, or whatever, you can probably sell them to someone who does want them and get their pull-offs in the process to do what you want. Also, lets say you don't get the premium, but decide you want chrome floorboards or handlebars... it's probably going to cost nearly as much to have those couple of parts chrome'd than just getting the Premium package. Again, just my opinion, it's free and worth every penny I'm sure LOL... FWIW I also feel the same about the street vs tour question. The price difference warrants just taking the bags off the Tour if you don't want to use them, and you can always put them back if you need them. But that's just me.
devilboy
Posted 2007-12-30 4:27 PM (#3610 - in reply to #3557)

Cruiser

Central Florida
Don't Worry about being AR, it is usually a good thing. I bought the tour but it is going to be a street mostly. My wife is tall and she is bitching about the footrests being too high and tight for her. She is about 5'7" with long legs. WE did 350 miles yesterday and she said she couldnt walk after the whole day of riding.I think if the trunk is off she can sit further back and stretch her legs a bit. The seat tend to lean you forward and the position is not ideal. She might need a thigh support under seat to lift her legs up a bit.
Bike handles MUCH better without those 50 lbs floating so far off the ground.
Thanks Craig for listing all the differences between comfort and premium I forgot about the other stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™