You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CORBIN SEAT
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

TWALKER
Posted 2008-01-26 10:13 AM (#4625)
Subject: CORBIN SEAT

New user

Good morning everyone. My name is Tony and I work with Corbin Saddles. Don't worry I'm not here to sell, I just need some information if you wouldn't mind. I have had a few customers with Visions looking for seats, and as of yet we are not making one. I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on what you would be looking for. Be as specific as you would like. Any info would help greatly. Thank you in advance.

Tony Walker
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Long_Will
Posted 2008-01-26 10:33 AM (#4627 - in reply to #4625)
Subject: Re: CORBIN SEAT

Puddle Jumper

Quincy Massachusetts
Tony, you should know that the Victory Vision Seat is one excellent item. I have been riding for many years and this is the first bike that I really have no reason to replace the seat on. BUT. The back support on the Vision Street that I own is terrible and there is no decent sissy bar available from Victory for the Vision Street. I would love to see a Corbin Dual Tour, with the Large driver and passenger backrests available from you. And if you could integrate a heated seat, it would be awesome. Perhaps even an ari assist on the seat...
Mudge
Posted 2008-01-26 12:17 PM (#4631 - in reply to #4627)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Amen and then some to driver's backrest.
luzzy
Posted 2008-01-26 5:52 PM (#4638 - in reply to #4631)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Actually Victory does have a passenger backrest for the Vision:

item #: 2875759 - 449.00

As a repeat Corbin customer , I have a couple of suggestions.

1) Seat has to be as innovative as the Vision
2) Key Release like the Corbin Stinger (for the Jackpot)
3) Heated Seats With Separate controls for Passenger and Driver
4) Driver Backrest and Passenger Backrest capability - Quick Change(tool-less) install and removal
Mustang has had the driver backrest with tool-less capability for years. Innovation would make both that way.

Hope that helps!

Edited by luzzy 2008-01-26 6:02 PM
WillieByte
Posted 2008-01-26 7:04 PM (#4641 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
I went to Randy's today to see the passenger backrest and luggage rack installed.
For me, a small trunk with a backrest on the front of it would do the trick. It'd be sittin on top of the passenger seat.
Big Vic
Posted 2008-01-26 7:43 PM (#4643 - in reply to #4625)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I agree with the innovative part, it can't look like something you would see on a H-D. The cover needs to be made of a better material than the stock seat, something that dosn't yell vinyl back at you. I like when a design is stitched into the seat, it makes it look custom rather than bland. I think a V with wings would look hot. I think studs would be a little old school for a bike this modern. Just my opinion.
wrr1home
Posted 2008-01-26 7:51 PM (#4644 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

Would like to see a driver's backrest, adaptable to the stock Vision seat.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-01-26 9:19 PM (#4647 - in reply to #4644)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Drivers backrest. An air seat is also very interesting........oh and while we are dreaming, how about a cooled seat.
varyder
Posted 2008-01-26 10:16 PM (#4648 - in reply to #4625)
Subject: RE: CORBIN SEAT

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
personally I'm going to get mine reupholstered with leather by local shop that will be pesonanized and very reasonably priced. I just want to provide that feed back even though I won't be buying a Corbin. Leather is a must!
cjnoho
Posted 2008-01-27 5:19 AM (#4654 - in reply to #4625)

Visionary

So Cal
Maybe some fancy stitching. More bolstering of the drivers back section. Definately needs to retain the heated option.
TWALKER
Posted 2008-01-27 12:45 PM (#4668 - in reply to #4625)

New user

Thank you all for your feedback. It is all very helpful. As far as mustangs backrest is concerned I understang that it is convenient to remove, but as convenient as it is for you to remove it is equally convenient for someone else to walk off with. I had an idea to somehow integrate a backrest release with the keylock system, but still trying to work out exactly how to do it. As for the trunk with a backrest we have a rpoduct called the fleetliner trunk which is just that, and we manufacture these for moany of the sport touring bikes, and would likely develop a similar product for the vision. We also have a product called the smugler trunk that we make for many bikes, however whether or not we will be making one for the vision I am not sure. Most of are seats have a variety of stitching options. I like the idea of a cooled seat although I'm not sure how that would work. Thank you all again for your feedback. I will continue to pass your suggestions. Please feel free to continue with any more suggestions that you have, as I will be checking back. I will keep you all up to date on any new developments as the come.

Tony
luzzy
Posted 2008-01-27 1:06 PM (#4670 - in reply to #4668)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Tony,

I have had several of Mustang set ups and never had one taken , however I do understand there is a possibility. Linking it to a key release like the Stinger for the Jackpot would be great(actually better than great) or a proprietary "key" that you simply depress in a core to release the backrest(put this under a small leather velcro flap). To me , I have a great stock seat on the Vision. The only downside is the lack of backrest for the driver. Victory makes one for the passenger. To get me to buy a Corbin for the Vision , it needs to have all the comfort and features of the original + ones I can only get with you. For guys like me with a Tour Premium , I would love to have a quick release(no tool) passenger and driver backrest. I took my trunk off for the winter and would most likely leave it off except for long trips if I had a passenger option that's quicker than remounting the trunk. Something else to consider , those who bought the Vision Street need a rack as well for mounting tbags etc for trips. Come up with an integrated/modular solution and you'll have a home run!

GRZ
Posted 2008-01-27 5:48 PM (#4673 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

Ma.
Hi Tony....

I called you last week asking about a seat from Corbon for the Vision. I have purchased seats from Corbin for my Yamaha Stratoliner, Honda Gioldwing, Victory Kingpin and would like one for my Vision. The Corbin Seat W/Driver backrest on My Goldwing was Great. While I agree with others that the Stock Vision seat is good... In my Butt's opinion, it's not as good as any of my Corbins. I am sure if you could get a bike into your shop your design guys would know exactly what to do to make it valuable to Vision Riders... Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Thanks, Gary
RedRider
Posted 2008-01-28 6:14 AM (#4684 - in reply to #4625)

Visionary

Just a reminder, if you at Corbin decide to build a seat for the Vision, please make it work with ALL Victory accessories. We would not like to see a seat that did not work with the rail (or whatever) like on the early Victory bikes.
I am sure you have learned from that mistake and the problems with customer service handling it.
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-05 9:53 AM (#4923 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

Florida
How about a trunk/backrest that would attach over the passenger seat of the Street model? If it could be adjustable (back and forth) to allow for shorter riders to have a good backrest, I would probably stand in line for it. It would be important to have it easily installed/removed. Also important, it needs to match the design lines of the Vision.
mike s
Posted 2008-02-05 3:50 PM (#4933 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
I'm liking the idea of a cooled seat. It get's awfully hot here in S.Georgia for a good part of the year. I don;t know how you'd do it, but damned if it isn't a great idea!
visionman
Posted 2008-02-05 5:58 PM (#4934 - in reply to #4625)

Puddle Jumper

Lincoln navigators have cooled seats so it can be done just don't know if the electrical system on a bike is big enough.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-02-05 9:10 PM (#4941 - in reply to #4934)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Burning electricity produces heat, so heating a seat is pretty easy........cooling a seat needs a cooling system (refrigerant) which your car already has. On a motorcycle I would imagine someday it is possible.
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-09 8:00 AM (#5114 - in reply to #4934)

Cruiser

Florida
I don't think you'll see a cooled seat soon. In automobiles there are two types of systems: Vented and Air Conditioned seats. Many car sales people get them confused. Vented seats have a fan motor underneath perforated seats and basically provide a low flow of air. I don't think this will work on a bike as it will pick up the engine heat and redistribute it on the seat.

Air Conditioned Seats, on the other hand, use duct work to provide an air conditioning vent to the seats and force the cooled air though the perforations of the seat. For a bike to accomplish this task, a compressor will need to be added...not a realistic option.

Personally, I'll be thrilled if Corbin adds a good rider backrest option that is easy to add/remove as well as provides forward/rear movement to adjust to various riding positions.

While the stock ViVi seat is already superior to many aftermarket products, it would be a shame to have to buy an entire new seat to take advantage of this option. However, Corbin and others in this industry are in the business of selling seats, not just accessories, so to get additional seat features, we will most likely have to purchase an entire new seat.
ksauce
Posted 2008-06-15 11:27 AM (#11857 - in reply to #4625)

New user

Sachse, Texas
I just want a leather cover, seat is fine.
Diablo
Posted 2008-06-15 12:21 PM (#11860 - in reply to #4625)

Puddle Jumper

Aurora Colorado
The only thing that could be improved on the stock vision seat, is a seat in leather with a driver's back rest.
divesharc
Posted 2008-06-22 9:45 AM (#12200 - in reply to #4625)

Cruiser

VA
I would be interested in a Corbin seat, however the stock seat is pretty nice, and above all else, it'd have to be inexpensive to get me to switch to something that may, or may not, be more comfortable than the stock seat that it already there. I bought a Corbin seat for my Kawasaki, and really like the driver backrest, however, the design was horrible. The adjustment was a screw that was turned to get it closer or farther away from the driver. It constantly vibrated out of the hole and would get lost. A fixed screw on the plate, or one that stops at a certain point, would be great. I know that could lead to theft, but my other backrest could be stolen as well. I guess just something that was easier to adjust (ie no allen wrenches) and something that the screw wont fall out of it. Oh, and cheap, can't forget that.
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-22 2:13 PM (#12207 - in reply to #4668)

Tourer

TWALKER - 2008-01-27 9:45 AM

As for the trunk with a backrest we have a rpoduct called the fleetliner trunk which is just that, and we manufacture these for moany of the sport touring bikes, and would likely develop a similar product for the vision. We also have a product called the smugler trunk that we make for many bikes, however whether or not we will be making one for the vision I am not sure. Most of are seats have a variety of stitching options. I like the idea of a cooled seat although I'm not sure how that would work.
Tony

What I would love to see is a solo seat with a cover that replaces the rear seat, and an optional trunk (similar to the police radio box but maybe a little bit larger) that would fit where the rear seat currently is.
As far as a cooled seat you might be able to incorporate a peltier type module such as is used in the 12v travel cooler. http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/61/79/77/22/0061797722250_500X500...

These cool to approx 40° below ambient temp.

Edited by tralphaz 2008-06-22 2:26 PM
'Hopper
Posted 2008-07-01 9:38 PM (#12707 - in reply to #4625)

Puddle Jumper

Tulsa OK
Tony,

I have 2 Corbin seats for my Honda and love them both. As for the Vision (Premium Tour), I'd like to see it slightly narrower toward the front and lower overall (which I think Corbin could do quite comfortably). I'd long since forgotten how miserable vinyl is! An option that allows the passenger seat to be used for additional, integrated storage would be great, especially on long road trips. Maybe a solo rider seat with optioned passenger seat or passenger storage space would fit the bill.

Let us know if/when Corbin starts design work.
pastor
Posted 2008-07-06 5:49 PM (#12966 - in reply to #4644)

Puddle Jumper

Tonopah,NV
Utopia makes a great drivers back rest. I already have one installed om my Vision Tour Premium.
First rate quality, and looks like it came with the bike from Victory.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™