You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Swapped Controls for the Radio and CB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

radioteacher
Posted 2009-12-30 11:21 PM (#50427)
Subject: Swapped Controls for the Radio and CB

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
In November I was talking to (Sly) a future Vision Rider and showing him my Vision. I mentioned that the iPod and radio is controlled by the lower switches on the left.

I then told him that I wish the switches were in a better location since I could not mute the audio with my thumb when the clutch was engaged.

(At this point I expect someone to tell me, ?You should not even want to do that because it is not safe!? Come on, we are all big boys and girls and can make our own decisions when it comes to this matter.)

Then Sly noticed the controls for the CB and said, ?Why don?t you just swap the controls for the CB and the radio?? I pulled the clutch in and I could easily reach all of the CB controls that I use about 1% of my riding time but could not reach some of the radio controls that I use the other 99% of the time.

So?I swapped the locations of the switches. Now, I am trying to unlearn some ?muscle memory? learned of 14,000 miles on the Vision but I find it much easier to reach the radio controls.

If you have a CB give it a try.

Ride Safe
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2009-12-31 4:34 AM (#50428 - in reply to #50427)
Subject: Re: Swapped Controls for the Radio and CB

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Wow! what a great mod as I've tried to mute the radio, for safety reason, while the clutch is pulled in and I've always had to take the throttle hand, I think that is the right one, and engage mute. Way to go man from the Alamo! I remember that place.

Edited by varyder 2009-12-31 4:40 AM

(alamo_sm.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments alamo_sm.JPG (39KB - 12 downloads)
radioteacher
Posted 2009-12-31 12:43 PM (#50451 - in reply to #50427)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Thanks, the mod is working out really nice so far.

I hope to have a new set of Vision Modification Video's out soon.

Next time you visit San Antonio, lets go to Mission San Jose on the South side. No major battles were fought there but it looks like what everyone expects the Alamo to look like. The Alamo is at the north end of five missions that are all about 3 miles apart. Yesterday was my first trip there as an adult and I was much more impressed than I was 40 years ago.

All of the San Antonio missions were built about 290 years ago by the Spanish.

Ride Safe!
varyder
Posted 2009-12-31 2:01 PM (#50453 - in reply to #50427)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Dude, you rock. There's some purty smart fellers in that lone star state I must say. I just did the mod and it don't take no gettin' use to atall.

I'm itchin' to go that way again, I was use to my long ride of the year to see my son and I feel something missing. I want to see him and family, but the ride just adds to the whole visit. I have to wait until I can get some days saved up to make it worth the while, though I am comtemplating to fly the next time.

Thanks again for the mod...highly recommended and I think that is the way it should have been to start with.
alberts46
Posted 2009-12-31 5:37 PM (#50460 - in reply to #50427)
Subject: RE: Swapped Controls for the Radio and CB

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
This Mod is entirely to time consuming to do, it took me almost 5 minutes!!!!!!
lonestarmedic
Posted 2009-12-31 5:56 PM (#50461 - in reply to #50427)

Puddle Jumper

San Antonio Texas
Glad y'all like the switch flip. RadioTeacher and i figured it would work. The mute on my Yamaha is over the bar on the outer edge of the module. That is what gave me the idea. Now, if the Idiotic Revenue Service will get the forms revised I can get my house purchase rebate. Then I can try the mod on my own dang Vision!! (Lone Star switch pod mod)

I will publish pics of the new place later tonight.

For those that aren't aware, the Guberment has extended the $8000.00 rebate for first time home buyers until April 30th, 2010. There is also a $6500.00 available for long time home owners who buy a house. Hence the rebate form changed. However, even though the IRS won't take the old form, the new form will not be ready until Jan. 8th. Cutoff or the old form was 4 days before I closed on our house. WWWWAAAAAAHHH - no Vision under the tree for Christmas.

JB
radioteacher
Posted 2009-12-31 9:41 PM (#50472 - in reply to #50427)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
lonestarmedic (aka Sly in my first post),

A thousand thanks to you for this modification idea! It works great!

I installed the 4710 brake-stop-turn controller today. I was trying to video tape the install but it was too involved to video and work at the same time.

Take care and have a great new year.

You want to ride on Saturday?

Ride safe!
radioteacher
Posted 2010-01-03 10:08 PM (#50648 - in reply to #50427)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I have taken a few rides post mod and I really like this one.

Here is a picture of the mod.

Ride Safe

(radio-cb-mod-small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments radio-cb-mod-small.jpg (63KB - 9 downloads)
Lone Ranger
Posted 2010-03-10 9:09 AM (#54764 - in reply to #50427)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
I followed these directions and modded mine, too. I love the location. The only downside for me is that the two are slightly different shapes and the lines aren't QUITE as sleek. But that isn't enough to overcome the benefit of having better placement, so I just deal with it.
Candyman
Posted 2010-03-10 1:04 PM (#54779 - in reply to #54764)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Lone Ranger - 2010-03-10 9:09 AM

I followed these directions and modded mine, too. I love the location. The only downside for me is that the two are slightly different shapes and the lines aren't QUITE as sleek. But that isn't enough to overcome the benefit of having better placement, so I just deal with it.

I never even noticed the lines wern't as sleek. I love them in the reversed config.
ljurgens
Posted 2013-12-07 9:34 AM (#149436 - in reply to #50427)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Old post I know, but I just got my Vision :-)

Do you know if the brackets are the same (just flipped)? I don't have the CB but I do want to move the controls for the radio up there.

-Lance
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™