You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

camping
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

midnightcherrylady
Posted 2010-01-13 2:37 PM (#51247)
Subject: camping

Puddle Jumper

how about a camping fourm
Top of the page Bottom of the page
paulhu
Posted 2010-01-20 1:45 AM (#51671 - in reply to #51247)
Subject: Re: camping

Cruiser

Durango, Colorado
How about : Single bag
Bottle of wine
Warm fire
pillow talk
?
a99miata
Posted 2010-01-20 2:48 PM (#51707 - in reply to #51247)

Tourer

northwest florida
been looking into a pull along pop up camper.
midnightcherrylady
Posted 2010-01-21 3:46 PM (#51770 - in reply to #51247)

Puddle Jumper

hubbie pulls a aspen we love it
studmuffin
Posted 2010-02-02 9:34 PM (#52551 - in reply to #51247)
Subject: RE: camping

I would love to see more about tent camping or the popup trailers. I need more information before I pull the trigger on a $3000 + camper and a $400 hitch.

Anyone else own a pop up or have camping tips?
Travelin Man
Posted 2010-02-02 10:17 PM (#52557 - in reply to #51247)

Iron Butt

I used to tow a B&F Specialties Bunkhouse Camper that I put many miles on while on various camping trips and loved every minute of it. In my opinion there are only two good manufacturers/distributors of "pop-up" style campers for the motorcycle/small car market, one is B&F Specialties, the other is Trailmaster Inc. who distributes the Aspen line of camping trailers. Take your pick, they are both great trailers.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2010-02-02 10:37 PM (#52558 - in reply to #51247)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Here's a motorcycle trailer towing / camping site http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing/start
It's a pretty good site.
donetracey
Posted 2010-02-03 12:31 AM (#52559 - in reply to #51247)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Co-Pilot says "Camping is a weekend at the Sheraton". I agree.

Was fine when I had my VW Van (for 21 years) but I was young, poor and stupid. Now I am just almost poor. So we stay in the best room in the cleanest motel in town(s) - safer for the bike and my old ass.

And as a bonus, the bike is NOT towing something - and is lighter - not carrying food, tent, towels - so I can enjoy RIDING !!!!

Amazes me - buy a $30,000 motorcyle - then go camping to save some money??? Sit in a tent with the rain pounding down, no jaccuzi, no wide screen TV - and enjoy it??? Believe me - life is too short already - why make it miserable?

And I won't even mention some of the jerks you come up against in campgrounds. Yes - some great folks - but.... for me - EVERY ride is about the RIDE - not the destination. And at the end of the day - I want to be able to put up my feet, dine somewhere good, and relax for the next day's run.

So, best 'camping tip'? DON'T
mkultra
Posted 2010-02-03 4:17 AM (#52560 - in reply to #51247)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
If I camp its at a KOA, I get one of them Kampin Kabins, and have always had a great time, met great people. I have gotten to know the owners at quite a few and have always been told, just pop in and we will make room for ya. So I carry a sleeping bag, and if it happens that there is not a cabin, then thats a bonus nite....head to the motel. Seems to save quite a bit of cash that way.

mike
DesertJim
Posted 2010-02-03 9:22 AM (#52568 - in reply to #52559)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
donetracey - 2010-02-02 11:31 PM

Was fine when I had my VW Van (for 21 years) but I was young, poor and stupid. Now I am just almost poor. So we stay in the best room in the cleanest motel in town(s) - safer for the bike and my old ass.

And as a bonus, the bike is NOT towing something - and is lighter - not carrying food, tent, towels - so I can enjoy RIDING !!!!

Amazes me - buy a $30,000 motorcyle - then go camping to save some money??? Sit in a tent with the rain pounding down, no jaccuzi, no wide screen TV - and enjoy it??? Believe me - life is too short already - why make it miserable?

And I won't even mention some of the jerks you come up against in campgrounds. Yes - some great folks - but.... for me - EVERY ride is about the RIDE - not the destination. And at the end of the day - I want to be able to put up my feet, dine somewhere good, and relax for the next day's run.

+1
GURNZ
Posted 2010-02-03 9:47 AM (#52569 - in reply to #52568)

Cruiser

Spfld, IL but temp Bay area, CA
Have to agree with DesertJim

The last thing I want to do after a long day of riding, is pull into a campground and set up a tent.
As for pulling a trailer, might as well drive the truck.

Plus, when the co-pilot is along which is most of the time, roughing it is a clean Mom & Pop motel.
aaronrkelly
Posted 2010-07-13 5:49 AM (#64421 - in reply to #51247)

Tourer

Moravia, IA
Ive been camping out of a trailer being tugged by my Vision for quite a few runs.

Takes me 30 mins to put up camp and break it back down again.....no issue. Im pulling a $250 trailer with $100 worth of cheap camping gear. Yeah $350 buys me about 6 motel rooms.....but I will have this stuff far longer.

I guess maybe its what your into.....some people enjoy camping, backpacking and such. Others like swiping the ol' credit card and watching TV.

I say if you've ever camped and liked it then try it on a bike.....you wont be disappointed.

As to the comment about if your pulling a trailer you might as well drive the truck.....you must have never pulled a trailer. I can drag peg, accelerate and brake without any appreciable difference.....really. The trailer is not even there as far as the Vision is considered. In fact adding a passenger makes more difference then the trailer ever has.
jeffmack
Posted 2010-07-13 6:07 AM (#64425 - in reply to #51247)

Iron Butt

I always keep a sleeping bag and tent in my right saddle bag. nice small and compact. When on the BRP or anywhere in the smokies I find I enjoy a piece of ground and a fire to a old worn out hotel/motel. Always good company too.
VRat
Posted 2010-07-13 6:50 AM (#64430 - in reply to #52559)

Cruiser

Lehigh Valley, Pa
donetracey - 2010-02-03 1:31 AM

+2
Flatsix
Posted 2010-07-13 7:18 AM (#64432 - in reply to #51247)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

If my Wife is along we don't camp any more...she has in our first life as she is a great team player. She really doesn't enjoy it anymore so if she is along we don't camp. On the other hand, If I am solo or with buddies...count me in. I enjoy most campgrounds far more than motels. Even a little rain is acceptable. I enjoy the 'free spirit' of me, my bike, camp gear and not knowing exactly where I will lay my head tonight. As mentioned, to each their own. If you don't enjoy it...don't do it. If you do...go for it.

Some people people don't even like motorcycles...if you can imagine that!

:-)
Kelvininin
Posted 2010-07-14 10:53 PM (#64570 - in reply to #52559)

Cruiser

donetracey - 2010-02-02 10:31 PM

-1, Nothing beats camping. I will take a tent, campfire, hotdog on a stick, and a beer over the presidential sweet at a 5 star hotel, for free, any day.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™