You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Any Audio Techies
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

glighto11
Posted 2010-02-06 10:15 AM (#52763)
Subject: Any Audio Techies

Iron Butt

Central New York
I'm the first to admit when it comes to audio/video, I'm done after the on/off switch.
I got a stock Vision Street with the plain stock audio system. I want to install a jack in the glove compartment for a Bluetooth puck. My question is; Ist there a place where I can tap an active L/R Line Out signal? (Keeping in mind I only have the standard harnesses and radio software.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-02-06 10:26 AM (#52766 - in reply to #52763)
Subject: Re: Any Audio Techies

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
What is the bluetooth for? I assume you want to stream music from your phone...
glighto11
Posted 2010-02-06 10:56 AM (#52767 - in reply to #52763)

Iron Butt

Central New York
My phone has bluetooth and GPS and will stream fine. I want to stream the bike audio system into the headset. The bike audio system has all the controls on the hand grip for to manipulate the audio system and I'd like to take advantage of that system.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-02-06 10:16 PM (#52788 - in reply to #52763)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
No one to my knowledge has found a way to get "line out" signals from the radio. Please let us know if you can figure it out.

The only thing I can think of that can do it is an attenuator with a resistive load on the speaker terminals.

Ride Safe

Man314
Posted 2010-02-07 7:38 AM (#52803 - in reply to #52767)

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"
glighto11 - 2010-02-06 10:56 AM

My phone has bluetooth and GPS and will stream fine. I want to stream the bike audio system into the headset. The bike audio system has all the controls on the hand grip for to manipulate the audio system and I'd like to take advantage of that system.

I like the way you think glighto11 . . . I was wondering the same thing! I'll be keeping my eye on this post
radioteacher
Posted 2010-02-07 11:23 AM (#52837 - in reply to #52763)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Someone needs to look at the schematics and try to figure out how the audio gets to the CB\Intercom with the "Speakers" set to off.

glighto11
Posted 2010-02-11 3:41 PM (#53115 - in reply to #52763)

Iron Butt

Central New York
O.K. I eyeballed the audio schematics my take is that the full audio system with a CB/COM unit gets it "LINE OUT" to drive the headsets via the "Trunk" line outs. (small radio connector pins 4,5, and 11) I don't have a trunk or any optional audio goodies so, without looking, I suspect I have no harness or connector hooked to this plug on the radio.

My question at this point is; Anyone have a guess whether or not those pins would be active with the "standard" radio software. Short of any good guesses I'll have to wait till it gets a little above 20 degrees someday and go out with an old earpiece and a couple wires and see what I can find.

Never let it be said I was shy about probing.
Man314
Posted 2010-02-15 7:59 AM (#53292 - in reply to #52763)

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"
What Blue Tooth puck are you looking at?
wroman
Posted 2010-02-15 9:53 AM (#53302 - in reply to #52763)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
Starcom, the intercom makers tap into the speaker outputs to get a signal. The problem is speaker line level outputs has some real current compared to line level signals and may overdrive your radio.
Webhair
Posted 2010-02-16 4:29 PM (#53397 - in reply to #52763)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
What about using a speaker level to line level converter like you would in a car? This is outside of my knowledge base but I like the thought here...
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2010-02-18 12:37 PM (#53513 - in reply to #52763)
Subject: RE: Any Audio Techies

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
I installed a 4 channel stereo on my Vision. The aftermarket amp has an auxillary low level output. It was intended to be the source signal for another amp. I figured I would eventually find a good use for this unused output so I plugged in a 3 foot RCA cable before mounting the amp. I put a rubber cap over the other end of the cable to prevent it from shorting.

I have since found many uses for this output such as a wireless bluetooth transmitter for a headset, music source at outdoor parties and rallies, etc. I have even used it my garage when my stereo receiver was giving me troubles (I plugged the bike into the home stereo amp I have in the garage until I got the tuner working again).

I realize this doesn't help if you have the stock stereo in your Vision. However, for those thinking about upgrading the stereo, an auxillary output might be something to consider when shopping for amps. In today's electronic world, an extra output makes the possibilities endless. My amp also has a low level input that has got me thinking...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™