You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cold weather rides
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

freezeradio
Posted 2010-02-07 10:41 PM (#52880)
Subject: Cold weather rides

Cruiser

Oswego,, Illinois,USA
Is anone riding in this 20 degree weather we are haveing in the midwest.I have a broken arm and Cant get a glove on right hand.I need to ice it up a little anyway. But I use a face beanie and a half helmet, Fully insulated clothes. I feal fine but my hand without the gove gets cold after an hour.But IS ANYONE ELSE rideing in the cold?The window keeps the chill factor down. A face sock kicks a$$. I just saw nobody out there this weekend.Maby I am the odd one.Oh ya Cruise control. I put right hand in pocket. All good.Visions work good in cold weather..............
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LoneWolf65
Posted 2010-02-08 10:52 AM (#52893 - in reply to #52880)
Subject: Re: Cold weather rides

Puddle Jumper

St. Charles, MO
I'm still riding. I rode to work last Tues. Was sick so didn't ride the rest of the week, snow on the weekend or else I would have ridden then.
Fastfred
Posted 2010-02-08 11:06 AM (#52894 - in reply to #52880)
Subject: Re: Cold weather rides

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
I ride almost every day here in Ma. I use a full face helmet this time of year. It has been a little warmer here this week hitting in the 30's. It was about 15-18 deg this morning when I left my house for work. I have about a 45 min to 1 hour ride but I stop for a ice coffee on the way. Its frozen when get to my office lol I did over 400 miles on Saturday some of it in snow but it never really covered the road. Some keys to cold weather riding are the lowers! They make a big difference and keep covered. No skin showing. I use a pair of ski paints made by under armor and they keep me very warm. I use layers up top. And a good leather coat. If its really cold I use foot and hand warmers but only if its in the single digits. I do almost all highway to work with very little traffic so I put the cruse control on and pull my fingers out of the glove and make a fist when they get cold. It warms them right up! Some think im nuts for riding every day but I love to ride and I take it slow around corners this time of year (lots of sand). Just keep a eye on the road and keep covered up and you will have a good / warm time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™