You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Custom Exhaust tips
Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... >
Now viewing page 10 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2011-01-28 2:42 PM (#78310 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: RE: Custom Exhaust tips

Visionary

Memphis

I literally posted those pics and ran out the door to come to work.  I have a couple of short videos with the bike running and a Gatling Tip on the left side and turbine on the right.  The exhaust definitely sounds more "focused" coming out of the turbine.  Has a little more "brraapp" to it when goosing the throttle.  It doesn't sound restricted at all, just different.  With both tubines on you can definitely feel more flow coming from the right side because they more focused.  You can feel that difference with other exhaust tips but not as much.  You guys that love the wide open deep tone of the Thrush mufflers may lose a little of that with these tips.  I'm not saying you won't like it, it will just be slightly different.  I'm being pretty nitpickey but just trying to play devil's advocate so there are no surprises.  I'll post the videos when I get home tonight.

I love these things.  Made me sick to get fingerprints on them.  Everything bolted up perfectly.  The pure chrome ones will match the chrome exhaust shields better but I went this route for the same reason I bought the Vision.  To be different.

The photos show every little speck of dust from the microfiber towel I used.  I couldn't even see that stuff when I took the picture.  Hopefully you guys can get a better feel for how "chromey" they look compared to the black pictures.

Photobucket

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwilly
Posted 2011-01-28 3:07 PM (#78311 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: Re: Custom Exhaust tips

Tourer

seattle, wa
Thanks Man314.
That looks pretty darn good.
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-01-28 7:09 PM (#78316 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Hey Tommy, thanks for the review and posting the pictures!

One thing though, the button head screw that fills the fourth hole needs to be installed from the INSIDE of the exhaust tip otherwise it will keep your chrome muffler heat shield out from contacting the tip.

They look fantastic on your bike, I can't wait go get the rest of the production run back from plating so I can fill the orders I have. I have begun a batch of extra bullets so that I will be able to satisfy demand for the different combinations of bases and bullets.
SongFan
Posted 2011-01-28 7:29 PM (#78321 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

Hey Richard,

I knew you'd catch that photo.  I was just pre-tapping the holes with my other bolts and decided to throw the buttonhead on there to show the 4th hole.  They are on the inside.  I was in such a hurry to get something posted that I didn't notice the screw in that pic until too late.

I really like the sound of the exhaust at freeway speeds.  It's really subtle (and might just be my imagination because I like the tips so much) compared to the Gatlin Tips but it just sounds more "focused".  Really hard to describe.  It's like sitting next to two engines of the same exact size but one has higher compression pistons.  The higher compression motor has more of a pop to it while the stock compression is mellower.  These tips add a little bite to the exhaust note and are not quite as mellow.  You can definitely feel the focused exhaust gasses coming out stronger compared to the Gatlins. 

Thanks again for giving me the first shot.  I wouldn't change a thing!

SongFan
Posted 2011-01-28 8:22 PM (#78326 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

TUNED!  That's the word I've been hunting for.  Stock exhaust sounds restrictive.  The other exhaust mods/tips sound open and throaty, the turbines make them sound tuned.  Not restrictive but also not the wide open, rolling bass that a lot of guys are looking for.

SongFan
Posted 2011-01-28 11:23 PM (#78330 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

Shot with a Canon digital point-and-shoot.  Nothing fancy, just for comparison.  The real exhaust sounds a lot deeper of course.

VisionTex
Posted 2011-01-29 10:21 AM (#78349 - in reply to #78330)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I'll bet they sound sweet at 5000 rpm.
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-01-29 10:27 AM (#78350 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Tommy, they look fantastic on your bike and thanks for posting the video for the sound comparison!

If you don't mind and it's not too much trouble could you email me the full size pictures you took so that I can use them on my forthcoming website and brochures?

Thanks!
Cometman
Posted 2011-01-29 6:13 PM (#78371 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Great video.... thanks! Damn I can't wait!
SongFan
Posted 2011-01-29 9:05 PM (#78382 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

My artsy shot:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Most common view:

Photobucket

SongFan
Posted 2011-01-29 9:10 PM (#78384 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

T-Man,

Email sent with about 19 pics.  Use as you see fit!

Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-01-29 9:24 PM (#78387 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
Sounds great! Not trying to be critical, but the left sounds different even with the same tips on both sides, I'm just saying. With that, I've got my penny jar back in business as I would like to have those tips.
SongFan
Posted 2011-01-29 10:07 PM (#78390 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

NautilusRyder,

You are correct about the two sides sounding different with the same tips.  If I had video'd the exhaust with both Turbines installed you would have noticed that the left Turbine would have more pop to it than the left Gatlin.  Tip for tip, the Turbines have more pop.

SongFan
Posted 2011-01-29 10:45 PM (#78392 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cometman
Posted 2011-01-30 12:03 AM (#78397 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Stop already! I need these on the Enterprise now!
CowboyVision
Posted 2011-01-30 5:17 AM (#78399 - in reply to #55748)

Cruiser

Meadow, Texas
Cometman,

Just went to your site and saw the "Enterprise" - WOW, what a head-turner. Great looking bike all around.
If anyone hasn't seen this, they should click on your website. You have done it right.

Larry
SongFan
Posted 2011-01-30 7:26 AM (#78401 - in reply to #78397)

Visionary

Memphis

Cometman - Stop already! I need these on the Enterprise now!

HA!  I knew I was torturing you guys that are waiting but I also know you want every morsel of info you can get on these things. 

VisionTex - I'll bet they sound sweet at 5000 rpm.

They do not suck.

My birthday is in May and I'm going to blow out the candles with the exhaust from the Vision.  (I got the idea from the Victory Anniversary video where they blew the cake away with the sweeper exhaust.)  These Turbine tips really focus the exhaust gases and I'm guessing I could blow out candles from about 10 feet away.  I might have to put together a demo just for fun.

I e-mailed T-Man and told him I went riding for about 5 hours yesterday and never turned on the radio.  Except for the rev-extender, I think I'm finally done with upgrades on my bike.  Whew!

Cometman
Posted 2011-01-30 10:00 AM (#78407 - in reply to #78399)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
LarryinMD - 2011-01-30 3:17 AM

Cometman,

Just went to your site and saw the "Enterprise" - WOW, what a head-turner. Great looking bike all around.
If anyone hasn't seen this, they should click on your website. You have done it right.

Larry

Larry

Thanks! It does get attention..

Tim
Ronny
Posted 2011-01-30 3:47 PM (#78414 - in reply to #55748)

New user

Looks cool ! I'm intersted. What's your marketing statagy ?
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-01-30 8:36 PM (#78429 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Right now my marketing strategy is simply to use the internet and then during the summer I will be traveling on weekends to regional motorcycle events where they have vendors and having a booth at those events. I am not keeping strictly to either exhaust tips, motorcycles in general or even Victorys in particular but rather I will slowly build up a product line of many different parts for all kinds of different applications. I will have a website up and running by spring and will be displaying products such as exhaust tips for different exhaust systems (V&H, Rinehart, and others), shift levers for muscle car transmissions and jockey shift lever systems for custom motorcycles, as well as any other custom made billet components I am asked to make. I am right now having my other company's attorney looking into incorporation and my cpa is looking into possible stimulus act small business grants so that I can purchase more equipment and machines and possibly put a few people to work in my area (what the stimulus was created for in the first place!).

DIDN'T I ORIGINALLY SAY I WANTED TO KEEP THIS SMALL???? Oh well!
joe schmoe
Posted 2011-01-31 1:10 PM (#78457 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

East TN
When can we order a set of CHROME tips??? I am going through withdrawals here!!!!!
hdog
Posted 2011-01-31 2:53 PM (#78463 - in reply to #55748)

Puddle Jumper

When can we order a set of chrome tips?

This is on the top of my new MUST HAVE list.
pollolittle
Posted 2011-02-01 8:09 AM (#78509 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Surely the Travelin' Man is compensating the write up and picture take'er above. I'm just thinkin' out loud through my fingers. I too would love a set, but I think there may be a set of gatlin tips on the cheap, local. May have to keep my ears and eyes on the lookout.

Songfan, now just put some oscillating red and yellow LED's in the exhaust tip and wa la afterburners. Or if you really looking for the old school look, drop and igniter in the exhaust tip and light up the exhaust gases.

OOOHHHHH, AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Edited by pollolittle 2011-02-01 8:11 AM
SongFan
Posted 2011-02-01 9:45 AM (#78519 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

Memphis

Hey Po,

T-Man owes me nothing.  It was an honor to get the first black ones.

There is a set of Gatlins aged with a fine patina that may be available.  Of course, your version of cheap and my version are probably different.

V92SC
Posted 2011-02-01 1:40 PM (#78531 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Songfan; great pics, great video, thanx but you are so wrong for doing that. Now I'm trying to figure how to rob Peter to pay T'Man.
Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... >
Now viewing page 10 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™