You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Custom Exhaust tips
Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... >
Now viewing page 12 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Cometman
Posted 2011-02-23 10:37 PM (#80183 - in reply to #80179)
Subject: Re: Custom Exhaust tips

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Travelin Man - 2011-02-23 7:45 PM

Mac, the big mistake was mine! When I got the first, and so far only, set of jet black nickel tips I should have taken the bullets from them and put them on the chrome bases that I also had on hand and take a few pictures of them. As of today I talked to both plating companies and they both said that they should be shipping me the bases and tips (in both chrome and black nickel) on Friday and on Monday, give it a couple of days for shipping back to me and for my inspection and packaging them up in the desired combinations and we are looking at shipping out all paid orders on Friday (hopefully.....).

insert happy dance here

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Man314
Posted 2011-03-02 8:54 AM (#80615 - in reply to #80183)

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"
Any update on chrome bases getting in and sets getting shipped out? Bike is up on the lift waiting for me to install Atom Bombs and these new tips. Now if the damned snow would melt!
hottierod
Posted 2011-03-02 10:32 AM (#80620 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: RE: Custom Exhaust tips

Tourer

Sturbridge, Mass
For those who are masters at Photoshop, can anyone put a set of these an an 09 Ice Blue to see what they would look like ?

I don't think the all black would go, but maybe the chrome & black ?

Thxs...
VaParadox
Posted 2011-03-02 1:12 PM (#80629 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Ice Blue has to be Chrome Chrome Chrome....... no black unless of course you want them to just match the tires....
hottierod
Posted 2011-03-02 2:24 PM (#80631 - in reply to #80629)

Tourer

Sturbridge, Mass
VaParadox - 2011-03-02 2:12 PM

Ice Blue has to be Chrome Chrome Chrome....... no black unless of course you want them to just match the tires....

Killjoy.......

I know, I know.....was hoping the pics would make it look better than the image in my head.

Cometman
Posted 2011-03-02 3:48 PM (#80634 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Trying to stay out of this..... every time I see a post on this subject I think they are ready to ship....
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-03-02 4:30 PM (#80636 - in reply to #80615)

Iron Butt

Man314 - 2011-03-02 8:54 AM Any update on chrome bases getting in and sets getting shipped out? Bike is up on the lift waiting for me to install Atom Bombs and these new tips. Now if the damned snow would melt!

I finally got fed up and called the plating company I sent the parts to that are getting chrome plated, they do very good work but the reports I have heard about their delays in processing are turning out to be true.  That said they told me that they will definitely be shipping them to me on Friday, which means I will be calling them at noon on Friday to verify the shipping.  Providing they are shipped I will be seeing them back here on Monday.  I have already informed my employee that handles my regular company's shipping that in processing the exhaust tips will take priority over shipping of cutting tools on that day which means I can start shipping sets with chrome bases and or bullets on that day as I will have (13) sets of chrome bases and (5) sets of chrome bullets available then (the rest of the production run of bullets were finished in jet black nickel).  The good news is that I have received back from plating ALL the parts that were shipped out for the jet black nickel finish and I have (5) complete sets of those tips available for immediate shipping (these are the same ones that SongFan posted pictures earlier in this thread).

Attached are a couple of pictures I took with my phone today of a chrome base with the black bullet.

Richard

(Black & Chrome1.jpg)

(Black & Chrome3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Black & Chrome1.jpg (36KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments Black & Chrome3.jpg (15KB - 4 downloads)
Man314
Posted 2011-03-02 11:58 PM (#80654 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Thx for the update and for the pics of chrome/black chrome
joe schmoe
Posted 2011-03-03 6:34 AM (#80662 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

East TN
This might be a STUPID question but I'm going to ask it anyway....If I get the chrome with the black nickel tips exhaust.....Is it possible for the black nickel part to fall off??? While riding/hitting bumps etc??? How does it attach???

P.S. I am still WAITING TOO!! I have been drooling (order request sent in) over these since before Christmas!!!
Bluto
Posted 2011-03-03 8:07 AM (#80665 - in reply to #80662)

Cruiser

McHenry, IL
joe schmoe - 2011-03-03 6:34 AM

This might be a STUPID question but I'm going to ask it anyway....If I get the chrome with the black nickel tips exhaust.....Is it possible for the black nickel part to fall off??? While riding/hitting bumps etc??? How does it attach???

The bullett and the base are connected with a threaded stud and loctite.
VaParadox
Posted 2011-03-03 9:13 AM (#80670 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Richard, Sent you a private message this morning. ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT !!! Im ready for you to process my order/payment etc and
ship them suckers to me ASAP

Then I too can do the happy dance !!!

Cometman
Posted 2011-03-07 10:33 AM (#80900 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Sooo was shipping verified last Friday?
VaParadox
Posted 2011-03-07 6:52 PM (#80924 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Ive sent him 3-4 messages and have no response from him. Im waiting with my order. Hope the guy is ok.
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-03-07 7:30 PM (#80927 - in reply to #80924)

Iron Butt

I apologize, things have been getting a little crazy the past couple of months between talking to customers for my new business, dealing with customers from my existing business making cutting tools, photographers doing work for for both businesses and website design people who are working on new websites also for both businesses, that on top of trying to convince my one plating company that is doing the chrome parts that my customers (you guys) are screaming (okay, typing very hard) for finished parts.  All that AND dealing with my parents failing health between my sister and myself we are the only ones able to help them.

The good news is that after my almost constant pestering I got word from my one plating company that they shipped the chrome pieces today and I will see them tomorrow, and yes, I got a tracking number from them so I confirmed shipment.  Tomorrow morning I will be sending out invoices via PayPal to all those that have placed orders and barring any other problems all orders should be shipped out tomorrow afternoon! YEAH!!! 

Man314
Posted 2011-03-07 7:37 PM (#80928 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Good news. Hang in there! We appreciate all the hard work you've put not this
VaParadox
Posted 2011-03-08 7:07 AM (#80947 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Ditto what Man314 said. While we do get excited all things Vision related, we understand a full plate. Just nice to know things are beginning to clear for you.

Imagine not having or seeing your Vision since Last October... and you will know what I am experiencing. Im hoping the bike will be completed and returned to my garage within the next week or so, running acting and sounding like it used to. This has truly been a test of my patience.

Excited and will await your paypal email !! WOO HOO !!!
Mac
Cometman
Posted 2011-03-08 10:48 AM (#80962 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
The problem is you teased us a year ago with that damn CAD drawing....

I understand your situation, family and work and us bothering the crap out of you.... just know that we are on your side and can't wait to strap these puppies on our bikes. Hope you make lots of money...

Have you sent my invoice yet??? LOL

Tim
Cometman
Posted 2011-03-08 2:28 PM (#80985 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Invoice received.... Paypal payment made!

Thanks!

Tim
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-03-08 4:15 PM (#80989 - in reply to #80947)

Iron Butt

VaParadox - 2011-03-08 7:07 AM Ditto what Man314 said. While we do get excited all things Vision related, we understand a full plate. Just nice to know things are beginning to clear for you. Imagine not having or seeing your Vision since Last October... and you will know what I am experiencing. Im hoping the bike will be completed and returned to my garage within the next week or so, running acting and sounding like it used to. This has truly been a test of my patience. Excited and will await your paypal email !! WOO HOO !!! Mac

Mac, I do know what it's like, in fact, about the same kind of timing.  I had an accident with my Vision in early October of '09, though rideable I still dropped the bike off at my dealer to get repaired and then the snow and winter kicked in.  I didn't get my Vision back into my garage until February of 2010 and then still had to wait another month for the snow to clear so that I could ride her. 

Your invoice as well as other went out today and for those that have already paid, I thank you and your tips are boxed up and waiting for the Big Brown truck known as UPS to pick them up.  I hope all are pleased by what they receive and if you have ANY problems please do not hesitate to call me at 815-953-7706.

Thank you again everyone for you encouragement and support in this project!  I can't wait to show you pictures of what I am working on for the next project (many of you have asked for it, hint, hint!).

VaParadox
Posted 2011-03-08 5:03 PM (#80991 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
portable air conditioning system IN CHROME????? shucks........
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-03-11 6:05 PM (#81207 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

No, not air conditioning but something much more useful on a motorcycle designed for touring.............................
SongFan
Posted 2011-03-11 6:14 PM (#81210 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: RE: Custom Exhaust tips

Visionary

Memphis
In-flight refueling probe?
Cometman
Posted 2011-03-11 6:43 PM (#81211 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Photon torpedoes ? Wings? Retractable wheels?
Travelin Man
Posted 2011-03-11 9:16 PM (#81218 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Tim, I have been a Trek fan ever since I was a kid and although I do not consider myself a Trekker or Trekkie, I am currently still going through withdrawals since Star Trek Enterprise went off the air. Living and dealing with Chicago are traffic really makes me like the idea of photon torpedoes but I think phasers or Klingon disruptors would be more efficient on a motorcycle.

Tom, I really like the idea of in flight refueling but what kind of tanker could keep up with a Vision?
Rollin'
Posted 2011-03-11 10:43 PM (#81226 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

, WI
Exhaust tips are that important on a touring bike?
Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... >
Now viewing page 12 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™