You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear tire suggestions ?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

etspastimes
Posted 2010-08-29 9:14 AM (#68189 - in reply to #57002)
Subject: Re: Rear tire suggestions ?

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Michael, I put a couple of sharpie dots on the swingarm and keep it there when I tighten everything up. Then wipe them off when done. ET
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Prime Power
Posted 2010-08-29 11:44 AM (#68204 - in reply to #57002)

Cruiser

I want to go darkside but want a WW on both sides. Any recommendations?

Edited by Prime Power 2010-08-29 11:45 AM
Jim Millington
Posted 2010-08-29 12:22 PM (#68208 - in reply to #57002)

Cruiser

Cold Lake Alberta Canada
I have a darkside tire on my 2008 Vision and have no problems. I will say that cornering is a tiny bit more work but nothing to worry about. I run a Brigestone Poenza G109 195 55R 16. It fits well and has not rubbed regardless of the shock pressure, one or two up. The tire is at 32 psi and it feels great. The ride is pillowy soft, the performance in the rain is fantasitc and braking is like throwing out an anchor. I have ridden the prairies and the mountains without an issue. The best advice is to do a bunch of research on the various Darkside web sites, and talk to people that have done it in the past. It is not for everyone and I have met a bunch of those guys, and thats cool. I like it and a buddy of mine has a ton of miles on the dark side without issue. I like the part where if you go on a long trip you dont have to worry about a tire to come home on.the cost of the tire helps as well the car tires are generally way less than a bike tire, and last a bunch longer. Check the web sites and find the recomended tires and the non recomended tires there is a pile of info out there.

For me on a touring bike the darkside is the only way to go.

Good luck and good riding whichever way you decide.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™