You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Kickstand Extension
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-24 11:54 PM (#58303)
Subject: Kickstand Extension

Just wanted to let everyone know that the kickstand extension inventory has been re-stocked.
Thanks everyone. www.noemtz.com
Photobucket

Photobucket
Top of the page Bottom of the page
clubford00
Posted 2010-04-25 10:08 AM (#58325 - in reply to #58303)
Subject: Re: Kickstand Extension

Tourer

Buffalo Grove,Ill
What? No little rubber thingy ?
Teach
Posted 2010-04-25 2:51 PM (#58342 - in reply to #58303)

Visionary

A couple things here. First off this accessory has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen and if I was inclined to go that route I could butcher the mount myself. Second it removes the rubber pad which is designed to buffer and kick the stand up in the event the rider forgets to put the stand up because the stand is bolted to the motor case. I wouldn't run one, not on your life.
NOW let me make one thing perfectly clear, I have looked at your site and you sell some HIGH quality stuff. So while I am being critical of this stand extension, it is because this is NOT of the quality folks here have come to expect from your site. JMO
turbobuick
Posted 2010-04-25 4:23 PM (#58350 - in reply to #58342)

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
Teach - 2010-04-25 3:51 PM

A couple things here. First off this accessory has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen and if I was inclined to go that route I could butcher the mount myself. Second it removes the rubber pad which is designed to buffer and kick the stand up in the event the rider forgets to put the stand up because the stand is bolted to the motor case. I wouldn't run one, not on your life.
NOW let me make one thing perfectly clear, I have looked at your site and you sell some HIGH quality stuff. So while I am being critical of this stand extension, it is because this is NOT of the quality folks here have come to expect from your site. JMO

I agree w/Teach & would like to change the kickstand problem but not w/this product (especially due to its looks)
jambo411
Posted 2010-04-25 4:57 PM (#58354 - in reply to #58303)

Puddle Jumper

Port Hardy BC
Talking about other items on your website. What the hell are dyna beads?

Jamie
clubford00
Posted 2010-04-25 5:37 PM (#58357 - in reply to #58303)

Tourer

Buffalo Grove,Ill
I was going to say that but didnt want to be the first. Since it was said, that thing is FUGLY !
varyder
Posted 2010-04-25 5:55 PM (#58358 - in reply to #58303)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
some must not think they're ugly if they have to had to restock... practibility often wins over looks...but never to _____ ...I just saying...
VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-25 5:58 PM (#58360 - in reply to #58303)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
LOL out of stock could just mean that they only made 2 of them.............................. I have the new Victory stand on order, it goes with the level of quality of my bike. That thing is just a poor mans hammered down beer can..........come on guys you own VISIONS dont be
so blasted cheap !!
varyder
Posted 2010-04-25 6:01 PM (#58361 - in reply to #58303)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
...my point.
wjoel
Posted 2010-04-25 8:54 PM (#58371 - in reply to #58303)
Subject: RE: Kickstand Extension

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I have to say that the tongue extension kickstand now on the 2010 Vision(stock),is nicer than this one.
I'm assuming one can put the newer stock version on the 08's/09's.
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-04-25 9:58 PM (#58374 - in reply to #58303)

Tourer

I guess I should have put flames on them

Fugly but functional....I can live with that.
NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-25 10:08 PM (#58375 - in reply to #58303)

Let me add to that chesshiretuna.

As someone once said..."Opinions are like assholes....everybody has one".
Believe it or not, I really appreciate all the comments, good or bad.
And you are definitely entitled to yours. Most accessories and aftermarket parts are designed and engineered after a realized need.
And many of those parts run the course of improvements over time along with some prototype testing for durability and functionality. Some parts even improve based on comments and suggestions from people that have never actually used the products. That being said, I will add the following.

As for the part being ugly or fugly .... simply your opinion. I don't think so.
Is the part practical? ... Yes...this part serves it's purpose at an affordable price. As for the quality, your basing your opinion what?.....It is a very durable product made out of 5052 Aluminum and will last a very long time. It's also Powder coated for a very nice finish. The mounting bolts are counter sunk into the piece from below with SS bolts. Short of being sent out for chroming...it is a very good quality product. Getting it chromed would probably make it look nicer, but not add in functionality, durability and quality. It will however add to the cost of production and retail sales cost.
It was also designed to replace the worn out (so called buffer) rubber piece.
Along with protecting the bottom of the kickstand, it was also designed as the new wear piece for the kickstand. Once the rubber wears out....and it will,..... there is not much keeping the lower kickstand from taking all the abuse from the friction caused every time the kickstand is deployed and used on any rough concrete or asphalt surface.
Add to that, the ease it creates to finding the kick stand when needing to deploy it. What it was originally designed for.

Those that actually have them installed on their visions, ( and yes...more then one or two were produced ....love the out of stock insinuation) have not mentioned any issues.
In fact, the prototypes that were handed out free of charge prior to being sold to the general public, are still using them today.

So order if you like, if not, thanks for looking anyway.

BTW...Those of you that purchased them from me today and in the past...you know who you are (I will not mention your names unless you give me the ok first) will you let me know if there are any issues with the quality and functionality of the product? If so, I will gladly refund your money once the product is returned. I want you to be satisfied with your kickstand extension.

As always...Ride Safe.
NOEMTZ-DESIGNZ

Edited by NOEMTZ 2010-04-25 10:10 PM
NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-25 10:23 PM (#58377 - in reply to #58354)

jambo411 - 2010-04-25 4:57 PM

Talking about other items on your website. What the hell are dyna beads?

Jamie

Here is a short description from the manufacturer.

"Wheel weights have been around for many years, but are no longer the only solution for trucks, commercial vehicles, trailers, aircraft and motorcycles. We want you to get the highest possible tire mileage by using our products.
Dyna Beads are a high-density ceramic bead that, when easily installed, continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.

The result is a smooth, vibration-free ride, derived from the balancing media that is always repositioning itself as the tire wears. If you own a pickup truck, commercial truck, motorhome, RV, tractor trailer, motorcycle, or similar vehicle, and want to get rid of those wheel vibration and tire cupping problems, then you need to move up to Dyna Beads"

I use these on my Victory Jackpot, and noticed an improved ride, less vibration and got rid of the stick on magnets on my wheels. Have had the bike up to 100+ on several occasions and perform just as well as when driving the posted speed limit.

Ride Safe!

NOEMTZ

radioteacher
Posted 2010-04-26 6:49 AM (#58386 - in reply to #58303)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
NOEMTZ,

Thank you for the good work you are doing. The extension would come in handy when lifting the Vision off of the left tipovers. I have never had a problem finding the kick except on the rare occasion when I was picking it up from the left side. Finding the kick with your heel while holding up the Vision can be an issue.

Maybe you can make and see some armrests based on this design?
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5608&pos...

From all I have heard.....Dyna Beads are fantastic. When I start doing my own tire replacements I will use them for sure!

Take care and ride safe.
NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-26 9:39 AM (#58399 - in reply to #58386)

radioteacher - 2010-04-26 6:49 AM

NOEMTZ,

Thank you for the good work you are doing. The extension would come in handy when lifting the Vision off of the left tipovers. I have never had a problem finding the kick except on the rare occasion when I was picking it up from the left side. Finding the kick with your heel while holding up the Vision can be an issue.

Maybe you can make and see some armrests based on this design?
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5608&posts=48&highlight=arm%20rests&highlightmode=1

From all I have heard.....Dyna Beads are fantastic. When I start doing my own tire replacements I will use them for sure!

Take care and ride safe.

Thanks radioteacher!

That is exactly what I am talking about......when a need comes up, parts get designed and engineered.

I have looked at the pictures and would recommend a couple of changes. I will explore the idea a bit.

Thanks Again,

NOEMTZ

varyder
Posted 2010-04-26 10:09 AM (#58402 - in reply to #58303)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
just a suggestion that might appease some folk, a V in the middle might make it more impressive, however, that adds dollars, I guess. Personally, I don't think I would get one or need one as I don't need an extension to find the tang.
jambo411
Posted 2010-04-26 10:28 AM (#58404 - in reply to #58303)

Puddle Jumper

Port Hardy BC
Thanks for the info on the dyna beads Noemtz. I like the look of the taillight for the Kingpin, andthe heel blades.

Jamie
tlfuller
Posted 2010-04-27 3:13 PM (#58481 - in reply to #58404)

Puddle Jumper

Here's what I did with my VTX.

(kickstand.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kickstand.jpg (94KB - 2 downloads)
varyder
Posted 2010-04-27 3:25 PM (#58485 - in reply to #58481)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
tlfuller - 2010-04-27 4:13 PM

hmmm, show us in the stored position...
NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-27 3:27 PM (#58486 - in reply to #58303)

Nice Job!
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2010-04-27 4:09 PM (#58495 - in reply to #58303)

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
I 2nd the passenger armrests. The gf says she's gonna stop riding with me if I don't get some. The Vic units do not appeal to me so, I'm gonna hold off until someone steps up with an aesthetically pleasing functional pair that are attached to the trunk. This way the armrests will come off when I remove the trunk.
alanrdking
Posted 2010-04-27 5:47 PM (#58507 - in reply to #58303)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
That is realy ugly!
alanrdking
Posted 2010-04-27 5:47 PM (#58508 - in reply to #58303)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
That is realy ugly!
NOEMTZ
Posted 2010-04-28 8:22 AM (#58558 - in reply to #58508)

alanrdking - 2010-04-27 5:47 PM That is realy ugly!

But Functional.....

tlfuller
Posted 2010-04-29 2:58 PM (#58705 - in reply to #58485)

Puddle Jumper

varyder - 2010-04-27 3:25 PM

tlfuller - 2010-04-27 4:13 PM

hmmm, show us in the stored position...

I'll take a picture when I get home tonight. I'm on the Cross Country today.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™