You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

OT: Harley to make a hard decision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wroman
Posted 2010-05-06 8:56 AM (#59206 - in reply to #58700)
Subject: Re: OT: Harley to make a hard decision

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
The profit picture for H-D has long been separated from the sale of bikes. The "BRAND" has most of its profit from the sale of aftermarket parts, accesories and most importantly clothes. The are suffering from the economic downturn mostly from people not feeling that they need another T-shirt. The real problem is as people have learned to live on less they may not return to the habit of pissing away huge amounts of cash on trivial BS and that hurts the profit of all those huge boutique H-D dealers. I will never own another H-D so I could give a rats ass if their whole empire crumbles along with all the psuedo bikers that cling to the H-D brand for indentity. Gosh do I sound a little bitter? Maybe so but I know H-D could build a better bike if they wanted to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-05-06 9:59 AM (#59210 - in reply to #58700)
Subject: Re: OT: Harley to make a hard decision

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm not a marketing expert, but if the empire crumbles, the others will suffer as well. The saturation of media to ride a motorcycle is primarily dominated by the motor company, and that keeps the rest of the market pumped. HD's better bike is grandpa's bike and they are not likely to change unless the buyer changes. I'm amazed at the mindset of riding a HD is more important than practability, reliability and comfort. So I hope HD changes their strategy, lowers their inventory to reduce the overhead that is killing, as well as the fact the profits are going to pay back Mr. Buffet need to change as well. The alternative is for HD to continue they will have to have more buyout or government intervention or another floater.

The good part is that to those minds that can be swayed will see that Victory has some stability in a waning market and will bring over buyers. The longer I ride the more I realize that overall from a world perspective, riding is no more than a fun thing to do. It will always be up to those who make riding a way of life to find the way to survive, even if all the doors shut across the all makers.

Edited by varyder 2010-05-06 10:00 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™