You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Decisions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

juseg_13
Posted 2010-05-05 12:18 AM (#59133)
Subject: Decisions

New user

Cross Riders, I'm in a bit of a dilema. I'm in a position to get a new bike XC(and yes, the wife says it's ok) but with new models coming/announced in July, should I wait and see what is going to be new if anything or pull the trigger before July(I would also get $1000.00 discount for being a veteran, if I purchase before the end of June) I'm interested in seeing if they are going to add the fork lock and maybe ABS(these are not deals breakers)hate to get the '10 and then in '11 they add those features. The XC is a great bike, I have not seen one in my neck of the woods(mostly Harleys and other brand) and I would love to be the one who breaks away from the pack and gets noticed for being different.

Your thoughts are valued.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
clubford00
Posted 2010-05-05 1:14 AM (#59134 - in reply to #59133)
Subject: Re: Decisions

Tourer

Buffalo Grove,Ill
Its my understanding that the 11's will not be all that different (If at all) than the 10s.
Also if you try and order one now you will have no choice but to wait for the 11's as the retooling (?) has started. No more 10s will be built and everything from now on are 11's Again, this is my understanding based on hear say.
If you can get the 1000 bucks as well as any other "Deal" you can make, thats what i would do. If you order one you can probably plan on waiting through most of this season to get it.
Either way its a great bike and you will not be disappointed in your decision.
good luck
tlfuller
Posted 2010-05-05 4:28 PM (#59152 - in reply to #59133)
Subject: RE: Decisions

Puddle Jumper

I'm with Club. I don't know but I wouldn't think they are going to make drastic changes to the bike in it's second year. My take is it will mostly be small cosmetic changes (i.e. color, more chrome, less chrome) that kind of thing.

I ordered mine in mid October and picked it up in December. I thought I was going to go bald waiting, wait a minute I am bald. Anyway I'd take your discount and go for it. JMHO
Roadrocket
Posted 2010-05-05 4:39 PM (#59154 - in reply to #59152)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

From what I've read, the ABS thing didn't carry enough wt. with the riders Vic interviewed to warrant offering it on the X bikes. And I guess somewhere is a guy that uses a forklock - just never met him

RR

VisionTex
Posted 2010-05-05 5:32 PM (#59157 - in reply to #59154)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Looks like the '10s are getting a two year warranty right now. One year Victory, one year Polaristar. That's worth something. Happy decisions!!
Teach
Posted 2010-05-05 7:58 PM (#59172 - in reply to #59133)
Subject: Re: Decisions

Visionary

I believe the only change you'll see for 2011 will be a tour pack w/hard lowers model/option, but otherwise I believe the bike will remain unchanged.
As to your concerns: Abs? Great feature I suppose if you don't know how to ride (and most don't). Hitting the brakes is NOT accident avoidance, maybe this should be promoted more instead of ABS. So in MY book, no loss with no abs.
As to the lock? Well over sight on Victory's part in my opinion, but hardly worth a lot. I've seen many a steering lock popped with little effort, in fact all my HD baggers could be popped easily.
So my opinion is if ABS and a lock is what you are waiting for, save some money and buy now.
juseg_13
Posted 2010-05-05 11:57 PM (#59192 - in reply to #59133)

New user

Thanks all, the ABS and fork lock thing was just an after thought and not really a deterent. Man those XC are fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™