You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

BUSTED!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2010-06-13 5:19 PM (#62119)
Subject: BUSTED!

Visionary

Memphis

I have a new trainee that is around 30 years old and rides a '99 Sportster 1200.  He has been having carb issues and was talking to one of the older Harley guys about his options.  (The older guy is the alpha-male of the Harley guys here at work.)  I was walking back to the control room and saw them talking in the hallway, the young guy facing me, the older guy had his back to me.  I got about three steps from the older guy just as he said "Yeah, we need to trade in the whole lot of 'em and get a bunch of Visions."  I walked past the older guy (who looked up like he'd seen a ghost) and said "Now that would be cool!"  He leaned over, punched the young guy in the shoulder and said "A**hole!  Why didn't you tell me he was right there!"  I busted out laughing and kept walking.

Priceless.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
repeateruser
Posted 2010-06-13 8:17 PM (#62124 - in reply to #62119)
Subject: RE: BUSTED!

OH how sweet it is !!Maybe there is hope yet !
radioteacher
Posted 2010-06-13 11:26 PM (#62139 - in reply to #62119)
Subject: Re: BUSTED!

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Priceless......
CowboyVision
Posted 2010-06-14 5:02 AM (#62147 - in reply to #62119)

Cruiser

Meadow, Texas
I was on a organizational ride yesterday and the initial start point was at a local HD dealer. Great people that run it and will help out non HD riders. But as I pulled up with all these "other" bikes around a lot of the riders started to come over and check out my bike. Even though I had the normal disparaging remarks - I did get a long of questions as to where the local Victory Dealer was located. The people that run the HD dealership didn't come over and try to guide any of them away which shows their quality. Overall very positive from the riders, especially from some of the women that I told to throw their leg over the saddle. One of them told their hubby, "Hey I could ride this". His only comment to me was, "Jewelry is cheaper."
Webhair
Posted 2010-06-14 3:30 PM (#62188 - in reply to #62119)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I have to agree - Jewelry is cheaper...
VaParadox
Posted 2010-06-16 8:09 AM (#62355 - in reply to #62119)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Songfan, Here is what you need to do. Stop by your local dealership and get a handful of 2010 Victory catalogs and take em in. Leave
a couple on the lunchroom counter. One in the mens room, etc etc. Dont say anything . Id also leave out some of the annual DVD's from Victory laying around see how long it takes those things to be nabbed and taken home.
SongFan
Posted 2010-06-16 9:16 AM (#62359 - in reply to #62119)
Subject: RE: BUSTED!

Visionary

Memphis

My Vision sitting in the parking lot on a 19 degree day or a 101 degree day, rain or shine, day after day,  is worth more than all the brochures Victory can print.  I've had several guys at work mention that they went by the dealership "for something else".  They inevitably drop my name there and always leave with a good impression. 

I'm more of a "softly with a big stick" kind of guy.  (Except for the posters.  Then it's totally in your face.)

radioteacher
Posted 2010-06-16 3:38 PM (#62395 - in reply to #62119)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Yesterday a vendor at my office looked into my work area and said pointing at one of the pictures in my work area.

"Is that your bike in the parking lot?"
I said "Yes"
"I was looking at it and the guy behind me tapped his horn at me to move along....I am thinking "What's your problem, I am looking at a bike!"

Ride Safe

Edited by radioteacher 2010-06-16 3:38 PM
Breaker
Posted 2010-06-30 8:50 PM (#63463 - in reply to #62119)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Songfan, that's priceless!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™