You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Corbin Dual Touring Saddle for Victory Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VRat
Posted 2010-07-12 6:20 PM (#64385)
Subject: Corbin Dual Touring Saddle for Victory Vision

Cruiser

Lehigh Valley, Pa
I was following the leather seat thread which got my interest and I started looking around. Is anyone using the Corbin Leather seat w/ heat for the VV? Any feed back on comfort?

The lack of heat on the Vic leather seat would most likely not go over well with the wife.

http://www.corbin.com/polaris_victory/vvsn7dt.shtml
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-07-12 6:42 PM (#64386 - in reply to #64385)
Subject: Re: Corbin Dual Touring Saddle for Victory Vision

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i cant comment on that seat for the VV, but i did have that seat for a kawasaki vulcan. and for what it costs i was let down. they claim it takes time for break in the seat and what not. but in 3 years i guess it never broken in .. lol it was hard and left sore spots in my lower back on trips. now keep in mine this wasnt the VV seat but it was the same model of seat for another bike. i think i also read on here that i raises the seat height as well...
Nepper
Posted 2010-07-12 7:31 PM (#64391 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

One of the guys in Ontario Canada, (goes by the name Candubrain), had one for about a week and went back to the stock seat. You'd have to ask him why.
candubrain
Posted 2010-07-12 9:23 PM (#64400 - in reply to #64391)

Cruiser

Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
Nepper - 2010-07-12 7:31 PM

One of the guys in Ontario Canada, (goes by the name Candubrain), had one for about a week and went back to the stock seat. You'd have to ask him why.

I'm 6'6" and I found it raised me too high. I enjoyed the extra leg room and had no problem planting both feet flatly down, but I did notice how the higher centre of gravity changed the handling of the bike.

Also, I could tell that like the Corbin I had on my HD, my arse would never break it in. At 210lbs, I wasn't heavy enough to mold that seat after having it on my bike for 2yrs and 40,000Kms. If I was on a multi day trip, by the 3rd day I was in constant agony. I could see it was going to be the same with the Vic.

I also didn't find the fit up that good, and it was twice as heavy as the stock seat. If I were to do it again I would go for the Road Sofa seat. Best seat I ever had.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-07-12 9:40 PM (#64401 - in reply to #64400)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
candubrain - 2010-07-12 9:23 PM

Nepper - 2010-07-12 7:31 PM

I'm 6'6" and I found it raised me too high. I enjoyed the extra leg room and had no problem planting both feet flatly down, but I did notice how the higher centre of gravity changed the handling of the bike.

Also, I could tell that like the Corbin I had on my HD, my arse would never break it in. At 210lbs, I wasn't heavy enough to mold that seat after having it on my bike for 2yrs and 40,000Kms. If I was on a multi day trip, by the 3rd day I was in constant agony. I could see it was going to be the same with the Vic.

I also didn't find the fit up that good, and it was twice as heavy as the stock seat. If I were to do it again I would go for the Road Sofa seat. Best seat I ever had.

i personally feel alot of corbins products are over rated and OVER PRICED. i have owned 5 corbin seats and nothing of them were worth the money. and like you. no matter how much i rode and no matter how long i owned the seat it NEVER BROKE IN.. and think that whole wait for it to break in thing is to get you to keep the seat long enough to where you cant take it back.. but that just my opinion...
okthenbye
Posted 2010-07-12 11:13 PM (#64413 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
The only aftermarket seat worth anything is Russell Saddles in Shasta Ca. They custom make each seat to the specs of the rider for about the same price as the Corbin but is 100% more comfortable from day 1 which is why they call it the Day Long Saddle. I had one on my BMW and it was truly a day long seat. No stress after long rides, loved it. I would buy one for the Victory if the factory seat was not so comfortable.
Bubba
Posted 2010-07-13 6:20 AM (#64429 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

I like it but the stripe has to go along with that thing on the backrest
texasgrumpy
Posted 2010-07-13 7:05 AM (#64431 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

I had a Corbin dual touring seat on my Roadstar and hated it at the start the seat took over a month to "break in" as they call it. I sold that bike when my Vv came so not my issue but Corbin is not worth the cash you put out. My guess is they know that and that's why the company has been for sale.
Webhair
Posted 2010-07-13 7:54 AM (#64436 - in reply to #64385)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I have the Victory Leather seat on my VV. My plan is to switch back to the stock seat in the winter - if I need to for heat.

As for the Corbin... Over priced bricks... I had one on my VTX 1800 - never broke in after 5K. Switch to a Mustang. Then I made the mistake again and put one on my Hammer - Again never broke in... But wait.. I did it again - put one on my wife's vegas... She is done with riding after 300 miles... Now she has a VV (we put a VV 8-ball seat on it - short) also... The Vegas stays parked 99% of time.

Devilboy has a Corbin on his VV and seems happy with it... Personally - I will not do it again.
Maverick
Posted 2010-07-13 1:54 PM (#64448 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
Ok I know opinions are like a$$es everyone has one(pun intended)BUT the stock vision seat to me is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden compared to the Ultimate,Corbin and Mustang seats I have had.
VRat
Posted 2010-07-13 4:06 PM (#64462 - in reply to #64448)

Cruiser

Lehigh Valley, Pa
Maverick - 2010-07-13 2:54 PM

Ok I know opinions are like a$$es everyone has one(pun intended)BUT the stock vision seat to me is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden compared to the Ultimate,Corbin and Mustang seats I have had.

Yep, could not agree more. However I understand the leather is a slight step up in comfort and eliminating swamp ass.
Probie
Posted 2010-07-13 6:07 PM (#64470 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

guelph ontario
Had one on since bike was new-1.5 seasons now-a lot more comfortable than stock seat and sits higher which is ok for me as I am tall. Would not go back to stock seat. Had Mustangs on two previious bikes and liked them more. As far as I am concerned the heated seat, stock or aftermarket is overrated.
flint350
Posted 2010-07-13 6:32 PM (#64472 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
I've always coveted a Russell Day Long. The Vision seat is the best stock seat I've ever owned. But, I've never heard anything but raves about the Russells. Corbins have their supporters and their detractors (many of both), but the Russells are routinely praised. I may finally break down and order a Russell even though I'm not unhappy with my stock heated seat. My next long trip is this fall, so maybe sometime soon. Any Russell-on-the-Vision insights would be welcome.
amessen
Posted 2010-07-14 10:19 AM (#64519 - in reply to #64385)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I am 6' 10" tall and 400 lbs. I bought the Corbin and mine has the backrest and the heated seat. I and my wife love the seat I have had a number of Corbins on my Wings and they have all been great for me. I set a little higher in the saddle and the seat is a lot firmer. However it is the same brick at night as it was when I started out in the morning. I used the stock seat for a month or two then found after a 4 hour ride I was not setting on the seat but on the seat pan the stock one broke down on me. So until someone offers a better set up than Corbin I will stick with it. Archie
DAL
Posted 2010-07-15 1:37 AM (#64575 - in reply to #64413)

Cruiser

Vancouver, B.C. & La Quinta, CA
You sound like you have tried all the after market saddles. If you have, you are welcome to say that your choice is "the only after market saddle . . ." etc. Over the years I have tried many saddles and have found some better than others. The one you recommend is a nice saddle and so it should be, it is the size of a small chair. Nothing wrong with that if that is what you like for style I guess. But to say it is the only saddle. Come on, get real, there are other custom saddle makers such as Rich's Custom Saddles out of the Pacific North West that make totally custom and comfortable, read ten day riding saddles for the same price.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™