You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Alternative to the bell
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2010-07-17 6:53 PM (#64758)
Subject: Alternative to the bell

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I must start by saying, I am not superstitious in any way shape or form. I would ride with a bell if given one and would gladly accept it as a gift and a biker's tradition. But I don't believe it will provide any additional protection against "road gremlins" above being attentive as humanly possible. With that being said, I now ride with a demon. I know I will have to explain this one, but there again, I do not believe this "demon" has any powers against me.

While in Fallon, NV, I stop by the Loneliest Motorcycle Shop in American on RT50 on the east side. I meet Kix, an indian who runs the little motorcycle shop and I encourage everyone to stop in and see him. I believe he holds a lot of biker history for that region over a few decades. I know he has plenty of stories to tell and is extremly patriotic. He does carvings and wanting something authentic, I asked about the tie on carvings. I asked what it was and he said it was a demon. That took me back a little and I asked what does he do. He says really nothing, except watch and wait for you to mess up and then he's ready to get you. So, I'm thinking that is all not so bad after all, as I need a reminder for me not to mess up.

So my Vision now sports Kix, my little demon who watches and waits for me to mess up, but I will do my best never give him that satisfaction. But it is also a reminder of my trip to the west, and Kix the indian, at the loneliest motorcycle shop in America on the loneliest road in American and to date the most memorable ride.

So, when you go through Fallon, say hi to Kix for me, will ya?

Edited by varyder 2010-07-17 6:59 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dr_reloader
Posted 2010-07-17 8:54 PM (#64761 - in reply to #64758)
Subject: Re: Alternative to the bell

Tourer

, FL United States
Cool, will have to stop in one day, if I can ever get out that way...
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-07-19 6:00 PM (#64857 - in reply to #64758)
Subject: Re: Alternative to the bell

Tourer

I once had a bell and placed it near the throttle.....I have speed demons. Never seemed to keep me from excedeing the limit

Edited by chesshiretuna 2010-07-19 6:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™