You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

utopia backrest.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

stretch1956
Posted 2010-07-22 5:41 PM (#65099)
Subject: utopia backrest.

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
I reciently ordered the Utopia backrest for my 2009 Vision Tour Premium w/ heated seats. I tossed around the idea for a couple of weeks before I ordered it. After watching the install video on their web site I am confident that I can install it without any trouble. The video spells it out completely and the diagrams for the vision seat are very detailed. I will however have a bit of a cringe in my gut when I plunge that serated knife into my nice new seat. The results should out weigh the anxiety of the installation. I will repost when I get it installed and let you know more about the process. It takes about 2 weeks to get one once you order it, so if you are planning a trip to Sturgis this year... you might be too late to order it in time. The install only takes about 1 hour from start to finish so this should be a piece of cake.
Stretch
Top of the page Bottom of the page
drdarren
Posted 2010-07-24 6:45 AM (#65239 - in reply to #65099)
Subject: Re: utopia backrest.

Puddle Jumper

Florida
I did it in less than an hour thanks to the video. It is very easy. I also watched the cutting part 4 times to make sure I didn't mess it up
My back has not bothered me since putting in the backrest. You will love it
tr669
Posted 2010-07-24 6:51 AM (#65240 - in reply to #65239)

Puddle Jumper

New Martinsville, WV
Great news, mine is on the way and I will get it Monday. Glad to hear it is easy to put in. I have had one on my last 2 bikes and sure miss it. Charlie
Prime Power
Posted 2010-07-24 11:36 AM (#65262 - in reply to #65099)

Cruiser

i didnt have long enough knife so it took me some time but i am very pleased with both the product and service.
wrr1home
Posted 2010-07-24 11:46 AM (#65263 - in reply to #65262)

Cruiser

It is an awesome addition to an already awesome machine!
radioteacher
Posted 2010-07-25 4:39 AM (#65322 - in reply to #65099)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I love my Utopia Backrest.

Is this the video you guys are talking about?

I am glad that they linked it to the Utopia web site but I had to scratch my when they thanked Andy.

When I finished it, I uploaded the video to Youtube and posted it to Vision-Riders.com, theVOG.net and theVMC.com as I normally do for this type of video.

Vision-Rider.com is my first posting site for any Technical data I create for the Vision and is always listed in the text of the video.

I made the video in my driveway during my own install.

My notes on the install:
There are three parts that really make it support properly.

One, the plastic shell of the seat, two the T-Bar that goes under the plastic seat shell and three the upright that goes over and next to the plastic shell.

The three pieces should fit together tightly and be parallel.

My cut turned out OK. I would do better if I did it again. I did not picture in my mind the purpose for the cut before I did the cut.

If I did it again, I would imagine that..... If I put my hand under the seat, right where the T-Bar goes and push the knife in from above. The knife should go through the foam......then slide along the plastic shell of the seat towards my hand under the seat.

Edited by radioteacher 2010-07-25 4:45 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™