You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2011 Features & Photos
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-07-26 10:21 PM (#65530)
Subject: 2011 Features & Photos

Fountain Inn, SC United States

2011 Features Across the Victory line

• Every model gets the 106/6 engine

• Hammer, Hammer S, Vegas, Kingpin, Zack Ness Vegas 8ball, Hammer 8-Ball, Vegas 8-Ball and Kingpin 8-Ball get a Stage 2 V-Twin with a special Stage 2 cam package that produces 97 horsepower and 113 ft.-lb. of torque

• Vision, Cross Country, Cross Roads, Ness CrossCountry, and Ness Vision Tour get a Stage 1 V-Twin that produces 92 horsepower and 109 ft.-lb. of torque

• Oil Change interval is extended to every 5000 miles

• Approximately 40% of the drivetrain is new for 2011, with the transmission receiving so many improvements it is virtually a new transmission

• Whine from the primary gears has been practically eliminated, improving the sound quality of the bike at idle and at lower speeds

• Certain modulation frequencies have been eliminated with the redesign transmission. In 4th and 6th gears in particular, gear whine has been reduced.

• Driveline lash has been reduced by 66%, smoothing out on-off throttle transitions

• 'Neutral Assist' has been added to make it easier for a rider to shift into neutral when stopped

• The quieter transmission allowed Victory engineers to increase the exhaust note while still complying with federally mandated sound limits.

• All cruisers now have instrumentation similar to that of the Victory Cross Roads which now has a large LCD that displays: Clock (time of day is viewable at all times), gear position, tachometer and diagnostic readouts for Victory dealership service technicians

• All brake calipers, rotors, lower belt guards, and floorboards are black.

• All left- and right-hand switch cubes are black, as are the audio control switch block and cruise control switch block.

New for the Vision

• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is standard on the Victory Vision Tour and Arlen Ness Signature Series Victory Vision

• ew tubular handlebars offer easy steering control and can accept mounts and clamps so a rider can add a cup holder and all common electrical device mounts

• Passenger handholds have a black, textured finish so a passenger has a better gripping surface and there?s no paint to nick or scratch.

• Redesigned exhaust tips now resemble those of the Victory Cross Country

• The dampers have been removed from the side storage compartment covers for easier opening -just like the 2010 8ball Vision

• Victory Vision 8-Ball has passenger pegs rather than floorboards for a cleaner look

New for the Cross Country

• The new Lock & Ride? Trunk from Pure Victory can be installed on a Cross Country or Cross Roads in seconds, and removed just as quickly ? without tools. The trunk lid seals securely, is lockable and provides the bike with a high-mounted taillight. The front face of the trunk has a padded passenger backrest and dual audio speakers.

• Each 2011 Cross Country and Cross Roads comes with a spare lock cylinder so a trunk can be locked with the bike?s ignition key

• Trunk-related accessories include: Passenger Armrests, Trunk Luggage Rack (mounts atop lid), and Trunk Liner

• Victory says, "Yes, you can add a trunk to a 2010 Cross Roads or Cross Country. Yes, the lights and speakers will work."

now for some photos..

(Studio_CrossRoads-(softbags).jpg)

(Studio_Vision_Ness).jpg)

(Vision_LE.jpg)

(CrossCountry_Ness.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Studio_CrossRoads-(softbags).jpg (43KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments Studio_Vision_Ness).jpg (39KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Vision_LE.jpg (34KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments CrossCountry_Ness.jpg (61KB - 4 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwilly
Posted 2010-07-26 11:08 PM (#65534 - in reply to #65530)
Subject: Re: 2011 Features & Photos

Tourer

seattle, wa
WOW! That is alot of improvements for the Vision. Almost makes me want to trade my 08 SSG in on a new one......almost. I am looking forward to seeing one in person and taking a test ride.
RedRider
Posted 2010-07-27 4:39 AM (#65536 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Victory does it again.
Can't wait to see them in Sturgis.
wjoel
Posted 2010-07-27 4:51 AM (#65538 - in reply to #65530)
Subject: RE: 2011 Features & Photos

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
Very tempting but, the Vision still needs to increase side luggage size.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-07-27 5:33 AM (#65539 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
interesting.. about a year ago my dealer said victory was looking into extending the oil change interval as many people complained about the 2500 O.C.I. but at that time he claims victory was working with the oil maker to improve the oil itself. Now i wonder if it is their oil or the new transmission that doesnt shear the oil as quickly? Whats interesting to me about the improved trany is, i think my trany is the best one i have ever owned. Id like to see a part diagram when one is avail... it would be neat to see what they changed.
varyder
Posted 2010-07-27 7:10 AM (#65543 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Beautiful line up. Glad to see some more Vision varity and scheme changes. Looking good! - 8-Ball is even better than last year, love it!
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-27 8:33 AM (#65552 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Won't be trading anytime soon, but it is GREAT to see Victory making improvements internally and externally, Improving on a contiuous basis makes everything better....................
RedRider
Posted 2010-07-27 9:16 AM (#65558 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

"Won't be trading anytime soon" I agree but the new lineup should get lots more people on Vics. It's been a long road since 1999 and the tiny accessory book they had. I think just bike choices would fill that book today. I can't imagine what it will be like in 10-11 years and I have worn out my Anny.
More owners, more accessories, more 3rd party vendors, more everything.

I tip my hat and raise my glass to what Victory has done in such a short time.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-07-27 10:30 AM (#65564 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Looks great! I am looking forward to my next demo ride. Can I drop the new gears in my 2008 engine? Might be nice to do someday.

Ride Safe
wroman
Posted 2010-07-27 10:34 AM (#65565 - in reply to #65530)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
I have heard of no trannie or primary gear failures with the old setup. I would like to know what they did to quiet them.
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-07-27 11:31 AM (#65568 - in reply to #65530)

Tourer

Probably had some miles put on them .....15000 miles on mine I don't hear any whine.....or am I just accustomed to the sound????
Kioti
Posted 2010-07-27 12:12 PM (#65576 - in reply to #65530)

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
Anybody else notice the change in the shifter lever?
From the pictures it looks to go below the floorboard instead of the way our are made.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-07-27 12:20 PM (#65577 - in reply to #65565)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
wroman - 2010-07-27 9:34 AM

I have heard of no trannie or primary gear failures with the old setup. I would like to know what they did to quiet them.

They probably put helical gears instead of straight gears on some of the gears. I think I read that 4th and 6th were changed to reduce the transmission noise, they may have changed 5th also, but is was already quiet. Helical gears are normal in tranmissions and they do make the transmission quiet. With a helical gear there maybe a minor loss of power in the transmission. There is some debate as to strength of the straight cut vs. helical cut gear so we won't go there. The helical gear will have some side loading so they will have to put thrust bearings in the tranny to carry the side load, this is where some of the power goes. Also, the helical gear normally has more contact at any given time that straight cut, so there should be less loading on the oil film at the face of the gear teeth. This should help in producting less shear on the oil, in turn, this tranny should give better oil performance. That's my story and I'm sticking with it... Oh and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-07-27 1:54 PM (#65582 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Wonder if the FM radio will work on the 2011 vision?
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-27 2:22 PM (#65587 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
RedRider: I agree 100% on the more options thing, Victory the Co. and the dealers are missing out on tons of sales from, things like a ( Screamin Eagle ) high performance line. It's a win win situation for both the manufacturer and the dealers. Lots of people would opt for the 114" big bore kit or a set of "super" freedom heads, bigger throttle bodies ect........ ( AND keep your warranty if dealer installed ) OR the other way, custom extra light packages, wheels, ect........ Oh well here I go again, sorry...........It's still good to see they're improving the product................
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-07-27 2:42 PM (#65589 - in reply to #65530)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
More photos from the Dealer Meeting (courtesy of Mike Dapper):

(Gary-GrayPresentation_VR.jpg)

(SandsBike1_VR.jpg)

(RolandBurnout1_VR.jpg)

(Staging1_VR.jpg)

(ApesBikeFull_VR.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Gary-GrayPresentation_VR.jpg (36KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments SandsBike1_VR.jpg (76KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments RolandBurnout1_VR.jpg (65KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Staging1_VR.jpg (71KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments ApesBikeFull_VR.jpg (65KB - 0 downloads)
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-27 3:04 PM (#65592 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Saw a pic on the Victory website of the CC with trunk, looked pretty damn good. One GREAT thing about the new model release date, it's the same as Harley Davidson, that's not by accident. A straight up challenge and competition, competition makes every thing better on both sides.......Keep it up Victory. You started off good, you're very very good now, you'll end up being GREAT........ Greatness is measured by longevity also........
Webhair
Posted 2010-07-27 3:22 PM (#65600 - in reply to #65587)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
XRsteve - 2010-07-27 3:22 PM

RedRider: I agree 100% on the more options thing, Victory the Co. and the dealers are missing out on tons of sales from, things like a ( Screamin Eagle ) high performance line. It's a win win situation for both the manufacturer and the dealers. Lots of people would opt for the 114" big bore kit or a set of "super" freedom heads, bigger throttle bodies ect........ ( AND keep your warranty if dealer installed ) OR the other way, custom extra light packages, wheels, ect........ Oh well here I go again, sorry...........It's still good to see they're improving the product................

I like the thought process going on here...
Tarpits99
Posted 2010-07-27 3:35 PM (#65603 - in reply to #65530)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA

Separated at Birth?

2011 Ness Vision / Fender "James Burton" Telecaster

(jbtele1.jpg)

(Staging1_VR.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments jbtele1.jpg (39KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Staging1_VR.jpg (21KB - 0 downloads)
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-27 3:43 PM (#65605 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Now if I could just get a part time job at Victory design & development and push my ideas. I could fly to work, couple of times a month, Victory are you listening ???
etspastimes
Posted 2010-07-27 8:43 PM (#65644 - in reply to #65530)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Question about the saddlebags on the 2011 Vision. With the dampers removed, does that mean that there is more room to make the inside bigger? ET
Webhair
Posted 2010-07-28 7:16 AM (#65664 - in reply to #65530)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I like the idea your going with... but for some reason I doubt it.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-28 1:18 PM (#65696 - in reply to #65530)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
We wish...................
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™