You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Pollolittle just ain't right
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2010-08-03 12:33 PM (#66254)
Subject: Pollolittle just ain't right

Visionary

Memphis

He posted a thread last week about having some time off to get together and ride around Memphis for anyone interested.  I touched base last week and said that I have Tue/Wed's off so maybe we can get together for my upcoming days off.  Let's look at the forecast on Monday and see how it's looking.

Fast forward to Monday (yesterday).  Nothing heard so I figured we would try later when it cooled off a bit.  This morning I get a Private Message saying "I rode in today and will be ready to go around 2'sh.  You good to go for that timeframe?"  (Now, I've known him for a couple of years and he is the TN version of Varyder because he rode from Oklahoma City to Memphis in 110 heat index and called it "enjoyable" in another thread.)  Within minutes I got another PM saying he might get off a little early and outlined some places to meet up and ride.  I stared at the PM's, stunned.  He's got to be in cahoots with my wife and has agreed to split the insurance money after I keel over on the ride. 

I decided to call his bluff.  I called and said "Hey, what's the plan today?"  We talked about a common time/location to meet at and then would go from there.  I hung up and immediately looked at the current weather conditions here.  Current temp 99 (at 11:30) with a heat index of 122  The temp was going to peak at 102 (in the shade!) by the time we were supposed to meet up.  I immediately called him back and said "You know what the current heat index is?"  He chuckled and said "Yeah, pretty hot."  I said "No, do - you - know - what - the - actual - heat - index is right now?"  He chuckled again "Oh, probably around 110."  I almost hollered into the phone "It's 122 heat index right now and it hasn't peaked yet!  The high temp is supposed to hit 102!"  "Yeah, that's pretty hot."  I folded like a certain Screamin Eagle rider we've been reading about.  "I can't do it.  I mowed my yard practically in the dark yesterday just to get through it.  Riding is supposed to be fun.  I don't want to get out with the sole purpose of just surviving the ride.  Lets do this when the weather breaks a little."  He sounded genuinely disappointed.  "That's cool.  We'll try again later."  We chatted about all the lighting that's been going out on his bike and then hung up.

I stared at my phone and looked over my shoulder at my wife who appeared to be focused on some computer project.  Hmmmmm, nice try Po.

Edited by SongFan 2010-08-03 12:34 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-08-03 12:41 PM (#66255 - in reply to #66254)
Subject: Re: Pollolittle just ain't right

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm sorry SF, I don't see the problem. Poot rides bukneked why can't you?
radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-03 12:48 PM (#66256 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
SongFan,

Hey...just man up....put on the Kilt and ride!!!

Ride Safer
SongFan
Posted 2010-08-03 12:56 PM (#66258 - in reply to #66254)
Subject: RE: Pollolittle just ain't right

Visionary

Memphis
That was hilarious Paul!  Not sure I want to know how you came across it though.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-03 1:11 PM (#66262 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
The video was fan submitted to Utilikilts. They are a Seattle company that makes Kilts from heavy cotton fabric. The other videos that have are great as well. I posted this video here because it is motorcycle topic! I do not have a kilt......yet.

http://www.utilikilts.com/
VisionTex
Posted 2010-08-03 2:10 PM (#66269 - in reply to #66262)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Riding gear for the 122 heat index day.

(coolairewebpage2.jpg)

(tuxedo_sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments coolairewebpage2.jpg (5KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments tuxedo_sm.jpg (5KB - 0 downloads)
pollolittle
Posted 2010-08-03 2:23 PM (#66271 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Songfan, I had heard about a large sum of insurance money that I would get maybe 10-15 % of, which might help get me into a new Vision, Tractor, vacation home on the beach, and a few other odds and ends. Which I believe also, would set the daughters up and not have to work again. Oh, yeah, I forgot, there was something about a dual tenantcy during the peak season with the beach house, which I was willing to work with. That's Ok, I'm negotiable. But I digress.......

Yes, genuinely disappointed, I won't be able to collect that check. I was told to ride till one of two things happens, your not behind me anymore, or I get so far out there that you can't follow the bread crumb trail back home. Some of the roads out here aren't even on some of the GPS's.

So, where does that leave me. The last time we rode together, a certain unnamed person left me to fend for myself, so I found a pardner and went riding. The same unnamed has done it again, so I'll be riding cause I got a few days to fend for myself again. Hot or Cold, I'm a gonna Git'R Done.

Yes Ma'am will try again, Oh that was the end of my last phone call.

Yeah, It can't be any hotter than what I rode in Saturday or Yesterday, and that was in full sunshine! Where I was proposing would be in the wooded area around Shelby Forest and the backroads and out of Memphis, which should be a might bit cooler (FOR ME!).
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-08-03 4:39 PM (#66276 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

I have a kilt....just not sure about riding with it....bugs and stuff...

(Sexy legs (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sexy legs (Medium).jpg (92KB - 0 downloads)
SongFan
Posted 2010-08-03 6:17 PM (#66287 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

Memphis
Photobucket
dr_reloader
Posted 2010-08-03 7:51 PM (#66296 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

, FL United States
too funny
TopFuel
Posted 2010-08-03 8:09 PM (#66299 - in reply to #66254)

Cruiser

Memphis,Tn.
Hey SF & Pollo, it WAS too hot to do anything outside today.

My last Vision ride was Sunday 6:00am til 8:00am down Summer Ave & then end to end on 385 and back home on I-40.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-03 8:38 PM (#66307 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
It was over 100 degrees here in San Antonio, TX.

Took the Vision on a six mile run to lunch with my Gypsy co-worker on his Ultra. It was a nice reset in the middle of the workday.

Today marks twelve years at the same company and seventeen and a half working professionally with computers.

chesshiretuna,

That is a fine Kilt. Kilts are quite pricey. I would like one when my wife and I cruise with Royal Caribbean. It would nice to wear to the Formal Dinners on ship.

Is it legal for American of Italian descent to wear a kilt? I know I should wear one while am drinking my favorite 17 year old single malt Whiskey Glengoyne? http://www.glengoyne.com/

I do not know it you heard but Victory Motorcycles has its own Tartan.

Here is the post from theVOG.net from UKnessie.
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_5137/

Jul 11 2010, 11:42 am - By uknessie
Went to a big Americana show in the UK this weekend where Victory had a hospitality area (many thanks for all the food and drink) and one of the announcements was that a Scottish rider, Glenn Watson had designed and registered a tartan using the colours of the Victory badge. What a great idea and can't wait for the clothing range!

To view the tartan:

CLICK HERE http://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/tartanDetails.aspx?ref=10235

Edited by radioteacher 2010-08-03 8:46 PM
varyder
Posted 2010-08-04 6:54 AM (#66332 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Great day to ride. Heavy rain on the way to work, 96 with a heat index of 101 on the way home. Everyday is a great day to ride. BTW I didn't know the weather forecast until I heard it on the way in, it was jus sprinkling at the house.
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-08-04 6:57 AM (#66333 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

I wear a Black Watch tartan. The history behind it is interesting. Seemed to fit in with some of my family history. I am German/English breeding and my wife dared me to wear one at my 50th......
SongFan
Posted 2010-08-04 9:25 AM (#66344 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

Memphis

Hey TopFuel!  Nice to see you checking in.  Saw an old V-12 Ferrari up for auction on tv the other night and thought about you.  It went for a measly $625K.

For those of you (Po and Varyder) who leave the impression that I've gone soft in my old age and should ride no matter what, let me tell our viewers "the rest of the story".  I ride to work every day unless there is ice on the road.  When I got on the bike Monday afternoon for the ride home, the temp guage on the dash said 114.  The heat index has been around 110 for over a week.  Monday night/Tuesday morning set a record for hottest "low" temp - 85 degrees - held since 1947.  Right now, at 9 a.m., it is 87 with a heat index of 107 with 91% humidity.  (I can hear Donetracey now, mumbling "Why in the hell would anyone live in a place like that?"  I totally agree.)  My next airconditioning bill will probably top $500.  I grew up in Tucson and know "hot", this is brutal.

Pollolittle is really fun to ride with.  He is young, aggressive and always ends a good run with a big grin on his face.  We were going to meet at FRS Powersports, a 30 minute ride just to hook up.  Then we would have killed an hour or two riding "in the shade".  At the end of the "fun ride in the shade" I would have had an hour ride back home, no shade.  I knew I would need all of my faculties to hang with Po through the twisties and this heatwave would really beat me down. 

I'll ride on really extreme days, I'm just not gonna call it "fun" or "enjoyable".  For you guys that can go to your happy place no matter what the conditions are, hats off.  I'm glad you're on our side. 

pollolittle
Posted 2010-08-04 10:08 AM (#66350 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Happy Place, Happy Place, Happy Place!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Happy Place, Happy Place, Happy Place!! Repeat until happily satisfied.

I rode around yesterday afternoon. Went by FRS, then tooled around until I wound up at another buddies house, who was taking a nap! Then stormed home and picked Okra, squash, and cucumbers, till it was too dark to see. I felt hot at that point. I like 122 (see above). I grew up in East Texas so the heat here is very similar to back home. Really no that different just hot!
DesertJim
Posted 2010-08-04 11:36 AM (#66366 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
My OH My - SF, Vary and others-- I have posted before about the cknmanfrmtenn and his "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" world he lives in. All of the stories from mystery man about sheetrock, wife bike bashin etc. etc. has all been a make believe world. There is a song that talks about how much better a man is online vs. the real world and he fits it like a glove. I post "red flags" and caution once again about this alien creature.

And his post above - Happy Place, Happy Place,????? WTF just a further confirmation of what I have know for some time that the rest of you are now understanding. I will not digress! Stay away from him. Recent Las Vegas odds makers are layin 150:1 he will meet with further unusual life threatening events, just this year. He talks about Okra, he must mean Oprah, and other stuff he sees on TV. Said he grew up in East Texas, last year he said he grew up in a small town in Poland. Ha! you never know what to believe!

Just sayin----------- you have been warned! again!!!

Oh- and you guys screamin about heat, don't go there, probably 114 today here.

Edited by DesertJim 2010-08-04 11:39 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2010-08-04 11:48 AM (#66367 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I have lunch to attend to and then I will deal with you appropriately SandintheshortsCamelhumpinJim. Oh yeah, and I just grew another two inches and lost 20 lbs tooo.

Yeah at 114, but did you ride and will you take an enjoyable afternoon scoot around town.
trailbarge
Posted 2010-08-04 12:03 PM (#66371 - in reply to #66350)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
pollolittle - 2010-08-04 11:08 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Happy Place, Happy Place, Happy Place!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Happy Place, Happy Place, Happy Place!! Repeat until happily satisfied.

That sounds like the equivalent of: "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

trailbarge
Posted 2010-08-04 12:09 PM (#66372 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
"It's hot... Oh yeah, it's hotter here.... you don't know hot!"
Yeesh... its summer, guys. I moved to NC from Erie PA BECAUSE it was warmer... and engineers get paid better in NC backwaters than they do in the third (at the time) largest city in PA.... and taxes are lower.... but I digress.

Yes it is hot. Life is like a box of a college coed.... hot and damp and one hell of a lot better than something frigid.... so let's not play the green grass game too hard here, eh?
varyder
Posted 2010-08-04 12:13 PM (#66374 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
yeah, but do you wear a Victory Tartan?
radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-04 2:16 PM (#66395 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Would I wear the Victory Tartan? Absolutely!

The real question is "Would my wife let me spend that much money on a Kilt?" Her answer would be no. I meant that she would say NOOOOOO WAY, NEVER!

A budget kilt is about $400 and a quality one can easily run past $2000 with accessories.

Varyder, I bet I know your next question * and the answer is "Only socks and boots"

* What do you wear under your kilt?

Edited by radioteacher 2010-08-04 2:18 PM
varyder
Posted 2010-08-04 2:38 PM (#66396 - in reply to #66254)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
No, I was wondering if my legs would stick to the seat if I wore my Victory Kilt, that is, if I got one to wear while riding.
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-08-04 3:46 PM (#66399 - in reply to #66396)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN

varyder - 2010-08-04 3:38 PM No, I was wondering if my legs would stick to the seat if I wore my Victory Kilt, that is, if I got one to wear while riding.

You could always put a dash of "Anti Monkey Butt Powder" on the seat.

trailbarge
Posted 2010-08-04 7:37 PM (#66418 - in reply to #66254)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
legs stuck to the seat ? ouch ! all three of them!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™