You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Intro/Story
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Garion
Posted 2010-08-06 3:29 PM (#66539)
Subject: Intro/Story

New user

Knoxville, TN for now...
Okay so This is my first post here as I have just recently purchased my Cross Roads. This is my first cruiser style bike. I have been riding for eight years and all that has been exclusivly sport bikes until now. So far I love this bike but have already been looking into getting some of Lloyds goodies.

Now for the story...
So I bought the Cross Roads on the 30th of July and have been riding it pretty much everywhere I can including a trip from here (knoxville) to Tuscaloosa to see my new nephew. Great bike for the trip kept both myself and the wife comfortable and actually put her to sleep. After that trip and a bit more spirited riding trips I decided that I would try it out on HWY 129 (the dragon). I was amazed it handled well and allowed me to maintain a good pace but no where as fast as I can on the Gixxer.
On my second trip up the mountain I am following an SUV around several corners when we have to stop because a semi tractor trailer is blocking the entire next corner to the front. I come to a stop about a car length behind the SUV and we wait for the semi to come out of the corner and I turn to talk to a fellow rider stopped slightly behind me when the SUV throws in reverse and slams into the front of my bike...WTF. This guy didnt even look behind himself before backing up. Now maybe I should have been completely paying attention to the front but seriously wht the hell?
Of course there is no cell phone reception in the mountain and the closest cop is all the way at the bottom so i memorize the guys plates just in case he trys to run. I finally get the guy to turn around and go with me back down the road to get an accident report.
So now here I am riding a new bike with a bent fron fender within one week of purchase waiting for his insurance to pay out.

Love the bike, but I now remember why quit riding Hwy 129 -- too many idiots in both cars and on bikes

Garion

Edited by Garion 2010-08-06 3:29 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-08-06 9:03 PM (#66555 - in reply to #66539)
Subject: Re: Intro/Story

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Garion - got ya, sorry to hear this to happen to your brand new bike, and hope the insurance takes care of it. Right after I got the Vision I pulled into a parking lot and stop in a spot that is one row back from the drive lane and the parking at the curb. I pull up, park and I was still sitting on the seat when a guy in the pickup parked directly in front me backs up and he's moving at a clip. I'm trying to push bike back, and I'm trying to hit the horn but the ignition is off. I'm feeling sick and don't know if I should get of the bike and let him run over it. It's one of those high riders, so he would run over me and the bike, leaving unspeakable carnage. Then suddenly he stops, just inches from me, but I had pushed it back some already. He pulls up and backs out turning the wheel this time like he should of. He looks at me like I'm the idiot and speeds out of the lot.

About a year ago the wife and I are riding and we stop at a stop sign making a right turn. While at a complete stop checking traffic the wife starts saying "He's going to hit us, he's going to hit us!" the guy behind me has assumed I've pulled away and he's inching up to make the turn, but makes contact and pushes the bike about 3 feet. Long story short, I get an insurance check, and the never did nothing to the bike. You'd never know that it was even been hit, and I don't understand, but all I can say, it happened.

Hope the rest of your rides are great ones! Welcome aboard.

Edited by varyder 2010-08-06 9:05 PM
radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-06 9:20 PM (#66558 - in reply to #66539)
Subject: RE: Intro/Story - Knoxville

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Garion,

Sorry for your damage. What a bummer. Most of all glad that you are all right.

There are at least two Knoxville Vision Riders here that I know of. You should get together with them and go for a ride. I changed the title to get there attention.

Ride Safe
Lone Ranger
Posted 2010-08-06 11:33 PM (#66567 - in reply to #66539)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Garion -
Welcome to the forum. Seems like you've been in the family forever, and I'm glad you finally saw the light and came over to the cruiser side. You have a beautiful bike - it just has some character now. Glad it isn't worse than it was. Looking forward to seeing you before you go back to the sandbox. We need to do another ride!
Garion
Posted 2010-08-07 2:52 AM (#66571 - in reply to #66539)
Subject: RE: Intro/Story

New user

Knoxville, TN for now...
I'm happy to ride anytime anywhere, even in the rain. Maybe we can meet up in north georgia if nowhere else, I hear there are some good rides around there.
Just waiting for the guys insurance rep to come do an estimation on repair costs, the one time I am sad to see the weekend when no one works.

Garion
joe schmoe
Posted 2010-08-09 7:39 AM (#66726 - in reply to #66539)

Tourer

East TN

Garion,

Sorry to hear about the bike, there are some real idiots on the Dragon as you know....Hey, I'm in Knoxville too...let's hook up and ride sometime!! Also, jump over to the VMC and look up the Dragon Riders sub-fourm over there...Bunch of good guys...Did you buy from Ultimate???

Roadrocket
Posted 2010-08-09 8:23 AM (#66731 - in reply to #66726)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

Bummer! Make sure your dealer gives the entire ft.end a good going over. Fender's bad but the forks are what really matter IMO.

RR

Candyman
Posted 2010-08-09 11:46 AM (#66743 - in reply to #66539)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Hook him up Schmoe
Garion
Posted 2010-08-11 4:56 PM (#66930 - in reply to #66726)

New user

Knoxville, TN for now...
I'm open to ride pretty much anytime until the 20th just shoot me a message or email at garionford@yahoo.com whenever.
Yes i bought it from ultimate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™