You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

A NEW Victory Vision Rider
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

bpilgrim
Posted 2010-08-08 8:24 PM (#66693)
Subject: A NEW Victory Vision Rider

Puddle Jumper

New York City
I am very lucky to have won a raffle for a 2009 Arlen Ness Victory Vision about to be delivered to the Big Apple. I am looking for any advice you may Have. Security System? First add-ons? Riding Tips? Area activities?

Fire away...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwilly
Posted 2010-08-08 9:06 PM (#66697 - in reply to #66693)
Subject: Re: A NEW Victory Vision Rider

Tourer

seattle, wa
You won it??? SWEET!!!
Add-ons I would go with are Loyds cams, with the VFC. There are alot of exhaust choices out there too.
varyder
Posted 2010-08-08 9:42 PM (#66700 - in reply to #66693)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm still gasping at the fact you won an Arlen Ness Vision. Just stick around here and you'll learn everything "Vision". Congrats....
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-08-08 10:11 PM (#66706 - in reply to #66693)
Subject: RE: A NEW Victory Vision Rider

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN

bpilgrim - 2010-08-08 9:24 PM I am very lucky to have won a raffle for a 2009 Arlen Ness Victory Vision about to be delivered to the Big Apple. I am looking for any advice you may Have. Security System? First add-ons? Riding Tips? Area activities? Fire away...

Quik and easy add-ons:    Ipod G5 and Ipod extension that allows intalling in the side bag out of the way. Passenger back rest and luggage rack.  If you like riding in colder weather you will want to add plugs for heated gear. The wiring is already in the bike you just have to add the plugs.  The nylon bag liners are a good addition if you plan on heading out on more than one day rides. I think the Garmin Zumo 660 GPS can be indispensable out on the open road. Buy the Victory air pump for the rear suspension adjustments, It will also work as an emergency tire pump if needed. 

These are a few relatively cheap and easy upgrades to start with. The more costly performance mods you can decide on after you have had the bike for a while. Many of us find no need to spend thousands of dollars for 10 to 15 horsepower when the bike has plenty to start with. 

Not knowing your riding history, you may actually spend more money up front on riding gear such as boots, jackets, gloves, helmets and maybe even pants and heated jacket liners. 

Welcome to the Vic family and Congratulations you lucky Dog!!!!!!

Gerica
Posted 2010-08-09 1:24 AM (#66710 - in reply to #66706)

Cruiser

hoosiervic - 2010-08-09 8:11 PM

bpilgrim - 2010-08-08 9:24 PM I am very lucky to have won a raffle for a 2009 Arlen Ness Victory Vision about to be delivered to the Big Apple. I am looking for any advice you may Have. Security System? First add-ons? Riding Tips? Area activities? Fire away...

Quik and easy add-ons:    Ipod G5 and Ipod extension that allows intalling in the side bag out of the way. Passenger back rest and luggage rack.  If you like riding in colder weather you will want to add plugs for heated gear. The wiring is already in the bike you just have to add the plugs.  The nylon bag liners are a good addition if you plan on heading out on more than one day rides. I think the Garmin Zumo 660 GPS can be indispensable out on the open road. Buy the Victory air pump for the rear suspension adjustments, It will also work as an emergency tire pump if needed. 

These are a few relatively cheap and easy upgrades to start with. The more costly performance mods you can decide on after you have had the bike for a while. Many of us find no need to spend thousands of dollars for 10 to 15 horsepower when the bike has plenty to start with. 

Not knowing your riding history, you may actually spend more money up front on riding gear such as boots, jackets, gloves, helmets and maybe even pants and heated jacket liners. 

Welcome to the Vic family and Congratulations you lucky Dog!!!!!!

First CONGRATS you lucky dawg!!

Second, if it does not already have itI would have to say ait deflectors, both upper and lower.... Then I might suggest a set of thundersticks with the cone installed like the one they have in Arlen's store in Vegas...

And lastly, I have looked for the IPOD extension wire and could not find it. Could anyone please post a link?

thanks

Gerry

Edited by Gerica 2010-08-09 1:29 AM
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-08-09 6:02 AM (#66716 - in reply to #66710)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN

Gerry

These are the two required parts based on a search under 09 Ness Vision, on the Pure Polaris web site:

Extention -    http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2877894(PolarisPGACatalog)

Adaptor -      http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2877195(PolarisPGACatalog)

I bought a cheap plastic IPod case at Walmart and attached it to the inside upper corner of the right saddle bag. Out of sight and out of the way yet easy access. Getting it out of the glove box makes that space much more usable for stuff you really need while heading down the road: Glasses, gum, state park passes, etc. 

joe schmoe
Posted 2010-08-09 7:34 AM (#66724 - in reply to #66693)

Tourer

East TN

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! I would add the color matched lower air deflectors from CycleOps (a MUST HAVE), second cams and VFC from Lloydz, third if yiou ride in the cold, add the power outlets for heated cloths....THe Vision is already pre-wired for them, just plug and play!! (Plus a little drilling)

Again, Congrats!!  

Cometman
Posted 2010-08-09 11:35 AM (#66741 - in reply to #66693)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
You want riding tips? Don't get off of it..... You will love it! Post some pix!
Candyman
Posted 2010-08-09 11:48 AM (#66744 - in reply to #66693)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Hey congrats, what a deal.
Gerica
Posted 2010-08-09 1:48 PM (#66750 - in reply to #66724)

Cruiser

joe schmoe - 2010-08-10 5:34 AM

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! I would add the color matched lower air deflectors from CycleOps (a MUST HAVE), second cams and VFC from Lloydz, third if yiou ride in the cold, add the power outlets for heated cloths....THe Vision is already pre-wired for them, just plug and play!! (Plus a little drilling)

Again, Congrats!!  

I second this recommendation on the alluminum air deflectors. This will be the second time I have had to replace one of mine, so I ordered a full set of triple polish chrome upper and lower air deflectors. I can't wait. If you ever go on a ride in warm weather you will understand, especially if you have the plastic ones and then have to go without because one of them brakes.

Good Luck

Gerry

radioteacher
Posted 2010-08-09 2:55 PM (#66760 - in reply to #66693)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
The lower wind deflectors are a must.

Ride Safe you lucky so and so....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread